Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Hybrid Electrical & Lighting Problems

2»

Comments

• mingo1mingo1 Posts: 5
    I have 64K on my 08 FEH (just had a 60K service). It has been getting the wrench light, which cannot be diagnosed unless you bring to a dealer when the light is on, intermittently for about a year. There are no problems when the light is on and it does not appear after a cold start. Well, a week ago I was driving home when the "Master vehicle electrical hazard
    warning lamp" came on along with a text message said to stop the immediately, which I did. I turned the engine off and restarted it. The warning was gone, so I resumed my trip home. The warning came on 2 more times in the 4 mi trip home. The error was reset when the engine was restarted. This is a scary warning! I researched this error on the internet and it appears there are many type of failures that can cause it (read: hard to fix). My research indicated this error strikes vehicles with 50K+ miles across all model years. I traded it in the next day. I don't want to deal with an intermittent catastrophic failure. I am normally 50-100 mi from home on the weekends in rural areas where there is little or no cell service. I lost my taste for hybrids.

:sick:
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,844
    Sorry to hear of your problems. I hope you got good value for your trade in! Is your dealer very familiar with hybrids? I think that makes all the difference when dealing with this sort of thing. It may well have been the electronics pump in the front, that seems to be the most common. The intermittent light often means the blend door actuator is having problems, but the dealer has to perform special computer analysis to find this error.

Good luck with your new ride! What did you get to replace your FEH?
  • mingo1mingo1 Posts: 5
    Hi,

I like the Escape, so I bought a 2012 v6 Escape. It gets significantly poorer MPGs, but I really like the extra power of the v6. It is a real highway cruiser.

Regards
  • stevedebistevedebi LAPosts: 3,844
    "I like the Escape, so I bought a 2012 v6 Escape. It gets significantly poorer MPGs, but I really like the extra power of the v6. It is a real highway cruiser. "

That sounds like a great car for you. You might want to check in on the Escape forums to meet with others that have that drivetrain.
  • I don't know if this is the correct place for this question. The driver side rear widow will not go up. Any know what the problem might be.
  • mercmar8mercmar8 Posts: 1
    edited May 2013
    2008 MMH 70,200 miles. Intermittently I will have no A/c. I turn it off then on again and it works fine for that trip. It now will occur but I also will have no front or rear wipers. They have replaced the Hybrid cooling pump, actuators and blend doors. But this keeps recurring. Any ideas?? At 59,000 I had the red triangle and loss of power issue. That was repaired with the cooling pump.
2»