Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Impreza Electrical/Lighting Questions

2»

Comments

• Hi guys, its makky here from MS, my brother bought a new GMC pickup and it’s my first time to have a car. But I bang it last night for I was drunk. So can anyone tell me where I can acquire for replacement items that in the latest turn of the month included a new auto lights assembly and a pair of exterior rearview car mirror assembly? I will be happy to hear from you. Thanks and God Bless! :sick:
  • jkelly3jkelly3 Posts: 2
    I have this problem too where my clock and tail lights aren't working and my radio is flashing on and off.
    What was the solution?
  • jkelly3jkelly3 Posts: 2
    I too have this issue. What was your solution?
  • kaiekaie Posts: 3
    I am about to buy a 2007 Subaru Impreza. It's a hatchback and standard. It's a reconditioned car with a mileage of 25000. Reading these reviews, I have realised that people have had many problems with subarus even new ones. I was thinking that i would a few years before having any problems. Unlike you guys, I WOULD BE BUYING THIS CAR WITHOUT A LEASE. I do not have the option of taking it back. Additionally, it costs US 24000 here. I just like the look of the car but am not interested in the speed nor grip, etc. i don't plan to be driving fast and I live in a tropical country so no snow. i am a novice when it comes to cars so i am seeking some advice and you all know more about subarus than i do. Would you advise me to purchase it still or not?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Absolutely, the head gasket and wheel bearing issues were resolved well before the 07 model year.

Take a long test drive, and turn the radio off. Do a figure-8 turn as tight as you can and listen to the driveline, make sure everything sounds smooth. Inspect the block for oil stains (signs of oil leaks), and if you want to go a step further, do a compression test on the cylinders.

It's under warranty so I think that's overkill, to be honest.

The good thing is that a Subaru that has a problem will make itself known, you'll either see it or hear it. If you're not mechanically inclined, take a buddy with you who is.

Good luck.
  • only have hazard lights and door locks......why 1999 impreza rs
  • red81red81 Posts: 1
    My 2011 Subaru Impreza 2.5i sat idle for one day. When I went to drive it, the remote did not unlock the door. The security light on the dash was not lit. When I put the key in the ignition, the motor did not start, no noise, no lights on dash. When a meter was put on the battery, it registered 14.22. When the car battery was jumped by tow truck driver, car started reluctantly. Car towed to dealer. The next day the service department found the car had died again. Service department seems stumpted. Any ideas?
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,276
    edited February 2012
    14.22?! That's not good. A 12-volt battery, fully charged, should register 12.6 to 12.8 volts. If it was registering 14.22 while the vehicle was not running, then it is likely the unit is being severely over-charged. It should be at 14.22 (or close to that) while the car is running due to the incoming charge from the alternator. If the voltage regulator on the alternator is malfunctioning, it could go two or more volts higher than that while charging. This, in turn, can cause the water in the battery to boil off through overheating. It will still register voltage, but usable current could be very low due to reduced surface area within the battery.

Did the shop perform a load test on it? Did they check the charge voltage while the car was running?

Next question... did they try it with a different battery? :P
2»