Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Impreza Audio & Entertainment System Questions

2»

Comments

• tunatamertunatamer Posts: 3
    Hi Folks!
    I'm awaiting delivery on my new WRX and it is to come with a ten speaker system. Exactly where are these speakers located? I can see front, door, rear door and back behind the rear seats as possiblilities but where's the other two? Are there separate tweets and woofs for some speakers? I assume there's no sub? That would make more sense to me rather than a mess of smaller speakers that can't handle lower frequencies. Thanks in advance, B
  • The problem is fixed. The mechanic who fixed the problem traced it to the dealer installed heated seats. The heated seats were connected to the wiper fuse. The radio is clear and works like new.

While I had the radio out I had the dealer install the iPod kit. $180.. the dealer claimed to have given me a good price. With all the good free service I got I since I bought the car I felt I should pay up and enjoy it. I am learning how to work the iPod through the steering wheel radio controls.

May report on the iPod kit when I figure it out.

Sol Briks
  • mach_sixmach_six Posts: 7
    It's funny I noticed that my radio in my 08 has the same issue. It is intermittent and last time I recall when it happened I had my wipers on as well. I will try it again with the wipers turned on and see what happens. After shutting the car off the radio will work again. I have the nav system radio in my car.

I do not have heated seats however or anything extra that would have been plugged into something else.
  • In mY impreza 2010 how can i control my Ipod from my audio system
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,267
    You would need to have the iPod interface kit installed in the vehicle. If it is, the controls should work as they do for a CD. If you are using the aux in port, you have to operate the iPod from the iPod itself.
  • exit123exit123 Posts: 136
    Does anyone know why Subaru only shows the Bluetooth Mic as an accessory for the Premium trim level, and not the Base and Outback Sport? Does that mean it only works on the Premium trim model, or did they just forget to list it?
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Ask your dealer or call 800-SUBARU3.

I have a hunch it may be related to the stereo system in those models.
  • exit123exit123 Posts: 136
    I dug around and found the answer. The premium sound system just needs the microphone. The other Imprezas all now have a BlueConnect kit, part number H001SFG500. This is not the same as the Legacy BuleConnect kit, part H001SAJ100. They both replace the storage compartment in the dash, the Legacy one going in the middle of the dash, while the Impreza one goes in the cubby at the bottom of the dash.
    Thanks for sharing. :shades:
  • jct_ucbjct_ucb Posts: 2
    Hi all,

Still in the grief stage over my 2005 LegacyGT -- turbocharger blew and while we're still awaiting final word on whether it wrecked the engine in the process (mind you, exactly 5 years + 4 months after the car was purchased), chances are high that I need a new car. :sick: I loved that car.

Since $$ is a little tight (2 in college!) I've basically decided to go with either the Impreza 2.5i + premium package or the Outback Sport, both hatchback with 5spd manual. While it won't be nearly as fun as the GT, at least it looks like a nice driving car as I want to stick with the AWD (live in the NE).

In any case, my husband feels terrible about all this and has offered to get the sound system upgraded. In the Legacy this was almost impossible, but it seems that Subaru has made this a bit easier of late? I looked all over the web and almost all of the aftermarket HU discussions are about WRXs. Crutchfield came up with both single and double DIN models -- really confusing.

Has anyone done this and give me some input? I'd love to have integrated XM and ipod input (don't need the latter on the steering wheel -- really expensive).

Thanks for any input.

JT
    It is a nice, standard double-DIN opening.

I single DIN head unit would fit, but then you'd have to buy something to fill up the gap left behind. A black face plate or maybe some storage.

Crutchfield has great service, I'm sure they can offer a complete solution, including harnesses that plug-and-play.
  • jct_ucbjct_ucb Posts: 2
    Ah, thanks-- wanted to be sure since my current model year car combined the HU with the climate controls basically making it impossible to upgrade.

JT
2»