Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Impreza Interior & Passenger Comfort Concerns

2»

Comments

• So, I hopped in my awesome suby tonight ('99 Impreza 2.5RS) and the window was a little foggy,so I flipped defrost on, and moved the selector from recycle to outside air, and it sounded like something broke or fell into the vents. And now there is a rattle sound when the air is on...

Anyone know where the intake for the air is located? I was hoping to take a look and see if 1. Something might have fallen in, or 2. maybe the latch that closes off the outside air might have broken somehow and now just rattles when the fan is on?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,268
    The intake is located under the cowling (at the back of the hood - you can easily see the grating there when you have the hood open). The fan, though, is located behind the glove box. It is easy to access and remove once you pull the box out (an easy task as well). Once you slip the motor and fan out, it leaves a bit hole there, so you can feel/see around in there and tell if something is hanging loose.
2»