Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Warning Lights and Trouble Codes

Comments

• chappy4chappy4 Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 Ram 1500 Big Horn edition 14500 miles, my wife was driving down the road and all of a sudden there was a beeping noise that lasted for about a minute she said. Then it stopped and then came back about 15 minutes later, no warning lights came on and all the guages are showing everything is working fine? any ideas would be appreciated
  • I have a 1998 Dodge Ram with a 5.9LT engine, check engine light indicated speed sensor needs to be replaced, so I replaced it. now check engine, ABS and brake light is on, the vehicle runs fine I just want the lights out. Has anyone had this problem and able to point me in the right direction.
  • I have a similar problem. Code P0456 comes on after the gas tank drops below half. After I fill it, if I unhook the battery, code goes away until fuel level falls below half again. Is this also related to a vacumn leak?
  • gah74gah74 Posts: 1
    Help, I have a 95 Dodge 3500. Has ABS light on. Where is the diagnostics link so I can pull trouble codes. I have already checked and replaced the vehicle speed sensor.
  • i have a 2004 Dodge Ram 5.7L
    The cruise control works fine below 60mph. Once i go above 60, if the cruise is set, it shuts off. If i'm traveling over 60 mph, the cruise lamp will not even turn on.
  • my check engine turns on if i drive 20+ miles on the interstate but i could drive all over in town and nothing happens. any suggestions?
  • lajal1lajal1 Posts: 1
    texmiller - Our 02 1500 RAM has been like that for the past 2 years and we've just went without because we were quoted an outrageous price to replace the whole a/c condensor blower motor & fan etc etc.... I have the same problem, I don't know anything about parts just going to pass this info on to my husband. Can you tell me the name of: fuse #39 and what we would ask for at the parts store for: the rateator rely?

thank you so much..
    laura
  • Well, let me start from the beginning, my 2005 Dodge Ram overheated and broke on the way to Monterrey, Mexico. we were in the middle of nowhere 22 miles into laredo so we had the truck towed to a mechanic shop and it was our water pump, he fixed it. the truck drove perfectly fine to monterrey and back home to san antonio, texas. during the next two weeks, the truck was fine. On my way to a doc appt sat morning, the truck overheated again and died in the middle of the street so i led it slide into the first parking spot i saw. one of our friends towed it to Ancira Dodge, san antonio, texas but it was closed so he towed me home. Within the next two or three days i called a tow truck and had it towed to Ancira Dodge, San Antonio, Texas. They put it on their diagnostic machine and are charging me 78.00 for that to find out that it was my radiator and it would cost 440.00 because it was not covered under warranty. so that was a big money blow to me but i said fine. Then this serviceman calls to tell me that the radiator blew a gasket and could have blown a head so the estimate was now around 2140.00. They did not call me during the next three days so i called them because i needed my truck fixed. So i tell this man that i am a DJ which we do as a hobby and he sees dollar signs in his eyes. He says, oh that 2140 was just an estimate, if the head is cracked you are looking at thousands more. then he calls to tell me that the heads are fine and they will have the truck ready by Wednesday. Then thursday comes around and he calls and says , we put the truck back together but it is still leaking water from the motor so now it is your short block and you are looking at 6000.00 and that is just an estimate. WOW!. these servicemen get around 10% commission on service jobs. so the short block is not covered under warranty either. :(

please comment back and let me know if i have a chance fighting this, this is a 2005 dodge ram still new. 41,000 miles. it has a 70,000 mile power train warranty.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Get it to another dealer for a second opinion.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • I agree with kcram, get a second opinion and if you don't agree with the service manager, ask to speak with the owner of the dealership
  • chappy4 did you find out what was wrong?
  • I have a 2004 dodge ram1500 hemi; can someone tell me how to access the trouble codes?
  • goaliegoalie Posts: 16
    Go on ebay and buy a Creader.....its a brand of code reader....very inexpensive, and works just fine. Codes are available all over the net.
    that code refers to the overdrive system.......switch wiring is faulty....or trans fluid is low, in which case, od will not automatically engage.
    Try disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes, to clear the ecm memory.......
  • I have all the codes .I had a 04 Stratus and was able to get the code by turning the key off –on, off-on, off-on, the number then would come up
    where the mileage is. The truck has a different sequence. There is a way to get the numbers without the reader.
    You just need to know the sequence ,That’s want I am looking for.
    The sequence is (lock) - on-off-on-off-on. I pull the codes on my 2005 Ram 3500 with no problem that way.

kcram - Pickups Host
  • What do you mean by (lock) I understand the rest.
  • P0157 - HO2S Circuit Low Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
    The "lock" position where the key would be removed.
  • all of my warning lights and guages stop working for about 200 miles yesterday and today they are working fine , does anybody know what caueses that to do that ????? have a 2004 dodge ram 1500 truck ,, thanks jr ,,,
  • What is it? I notice a fluxuation in the RPMs also. Unhooked battery cable but after a day or so check engine light comes back on. what can I do oor does anyone know what it may be????
    www.troublecodes.net/ODB2/Pcodes for your future reference. P0740 = torque Convertor Clutch Circuit Malfunction......check the wiring and plug......maybe something hit it.
  • wlcadywlcady Posts: 4
    Ok great, where might that be? exterior? So this is nothing major? I am getting ready to take it to the shop for a Tranny flush do you think I need to? Thaks for your info.
  • 61 00
    64 00
    68 02
    00 00

these show up if i push and hold the trip button in the guage area while i turn the key to on and let the trip button go
  • Hi, I have a 2004 Dodge Ram 1500. It has a 4.7 Litre engine in it. About two weeks ago It shot a trouble code of p0300. I replaced the spark plugs and reset the light. It stayed off for a couple of days and came back on. This time it was P0304 which is showing up as a #4 cylinder Missfire. I took it to a local mechanic and they told me that it was clogged injectors, I had them cleaned and the codes erased again. Now it has only been one day and the same code is coming up. So far to try and remedy this problem I have:

Replaced spark plugs, changed the coil pack off of #4 and put it on #1 to see if the missfire would follow, it didnt. Had injectors cleaned. Have put injector cleaner in the tank.

Can someone help me and maybe point me in the right direction as to why this code keeps coming up? Thankyou
  • tiger38tiger38 Posts: 6
    the ABS light comes on and the AIRBAG light comes on the speedometer goes to zero the tach goes to zero but the truck runs fine when it does this. the lights go off the speedo and tach goes back to working.what's going on? need help!!
  • esmithesmith Posts: 13
    I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4. There is a light in the dash that reads "gages" that recently started coming on, but only for about one second. When it comes on, it also dings. I look as fast as I safely can and noticed that when this light is on, my oil pressure gauge drops to zero. It happens so quickly that you almost don't see it. I don't believe that I'm actually loosing oil pressure but more inclined to think its a ground wire issue, or wiring in general. Has anybody had this problem? Thank you.
  • tiger38tiger38 Posts: 6
    i went a dealer and the service guy told me it could be several things. a bad wire,a sensor,a loose connection,a ground wire, or a module. he said they could hook it up to the machine and run the codes to see whats going on.
  • esmithesmith Posts: 13
    I'm not getting any check engine light tho, so there is no code to pull out. I wish it were that simple, thats why I'm asking if anybody has had a similiar incident. Thank you for your input tho, much appreciated.