Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Warning Lights and Trouble Codes

Comments

• crone95crone95 Posts: 1
    I am having the same code and as yet have not gotten a fix yet.Any info would be appreciated and I will post if I find any info on problem.
  • 2002 Dodge 1500 w/4.3 V6. Got check engine light and had the code downloaded at Auto Zone. The guy said it was for a loose or defective gas cap. I purchased a new cap and disconnected the neg battery cable for awhile. Light went away.... but came back and has stayed on. What else might cause this? What can I check? I'm no auto mechanic... could it be something simple?

Any help is appreciated!

Larry B.
  • dustykdustyk Posts: 2,926
    Make sure you have the correct cap. There are two used on the '02 and it will make a difference.

Check the vacuum hoses that go from the fuel tank to the Evaporative Canister. A leak anywhere in the system can cause the same code as a loose or defective gas cap.

Regards,
    Dusty
  • dustykdustyk Posts: 2,926
    Even if the plugs were changed you could still have a bad one. A weak ignition coil or a dirty fuel injector can trip the same code, especially if its intermittent.

Best regards,
    Dusty
  • luckyman1luckyman1 Posts: 29
    my code is p1762 manufacturna control transmission whats this
  • goaliegoalie Posts: 16
    CODE 455 Gross leak in evap. system.....Always starts with the gas cap....because its something they can sell you. Check all of the vacuum/evaporative lines. Start at the gas tank....follow the lineover to the canister...follow those lines up to the underhood canister. Somewhere, there is a broken hose and its leaking in air...and reducing the vauum signal...hence, the trouble code.
  • moparblue2moparblue2 Posts: 86
    i had same thing happen to me. could not figure it out. took to dealer. they said i have evap. leak. 5 min. later they said i need hose under truck bed on canaster. hose 8.00 dollars labor 60.00 dollars. so if you don't mind getting under truck you can save some money ;)
  • chappy4chappy4 Posts: 2
    I have a 2006 Ram 1500 Big Horn edition 14500 miles, my wife was driving down the road and all of a sudden there was a beeping noise that lasted for about a minute she said. Then it stopped and then came back about 15 minutes later, no warning lights came on and all the guages are showing everything is working fine? any ideas would be appreciated
  • I have a 1998 Dodge Ram with a 5.9LT engine, check engine light indicated speed sensor needs to be replaced, so I replaced it. now check engine, ABS and brake light is on, the vehicle runs fine I just want the lights out. Has anyone had this problem and able to point me in the right direction.
  • I have a similar problem. Code P0456 comes on after the gas tank drops below half. After I fill it, if I unhook the battery, code goes away until fuel level falls below half again. Is this also related to a vacumn leak?
  • gah74gah74 Posts: 1
    Help, I have a 95 Dodge 3500. Has ABS light on. Where is the diagnostics link so I can pull trouble codes. I have already checked and replaced the vehicle speed sensor.
  • i have a 2004 Dodge Ram 5.7L
    The cruise control works fine below 60mph. Once i go above 60, if the cruise is set, it shuts off. If i'm traveling over 60 mph, the cruise lamp will not even turn on.
  • my check engine turns on if i drive 20+ miles on the interstate but i could drive all over in town and nothing happens. any suggestions?
  • lajal1lajal1 Posts: 1
    texmiller - Our 02 1500 RAM has been like that for the past 2 years and we've just went without because we were quoted an outrageous price to replace the whole a/c condensor blower motor & fan etc etc.... I have the same problem, I don't know anything about parts just going to pass this info on to my husband. Can you tell me the name of: fuse #39 and what we would ask for at the parts store for: the rateator rely?

thank you so much..
    laura
  • Well, let me start from the beginning, my 2005 Dodge Ram overheated and broke on the way to Monterrey, Mexico. we were in the middle of nowhere 22 miles into laredo so we had the truck towed to a mechanic shop and it was our water pump, he fixed it. the truck drove perfectly fine to monterrey and back home to san antonio, texas. during the next two weeks, the truck was fine. On my way to a doc appt sat morning, the truck overheated again and died in the middle of the street so i led it slide into the first parking spot i saw. one of our friends towed it to Ancira Dodge, san antonio, texas but it was closed so he towed me home. Within the next two or three days i called a tow truck and had it towed to Ancira Dodge, San Antonio, Texas. They put it on their diagnostic machine and are charging me 78.00 for that to find out that it was my radiator and it would cost 440.00 because it was not covered under warranty. so that was a big money blow to me but i said fine. Then this serviceman calls to tell me that the radiator blew a gasket and could have blown a head so the estimate was now around 2140.00. They did not call me during the next three days so i called them because i needed my truck fixed. So i tell this man that i am a DJ which we do as a hobby and he sees dollar signs in his eyes. He says, oh that 2140 was just an estimate, if the head is cracked you are looking at thousands more. then he calls to tell me that the heads are fine and they will have the truck ready by Wednesday. Then thursday comes around and he calls and says , we put the truck back together but it is still leaking water from the motor so now it is your short block and you are looking at 6000.00 and that is just an estimate. WOW!. these servicemen get around 10% commission on service jobs. so the short block is not covered under warranty either. :(

please comment back and let me know if i have a chance fighting this, this is a 2005 dodge ram still new. 41,000 miles. it has a 70,000 mile power train warranty.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Get it to another dealer for a second opinion.

kcram - Pickups Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I agree with kcram, get a second opinion and if you don't agree with the service manager, ask to speak with the owner of the dealership