Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New Subaru Impreza Owners - Give Us Your Report!

Comments

• Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,020
    If you bought a new Subaru in the past few months, a reporter may want to talk with you. Please email pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, May 14, 2010 with your daytime contact info and the make/model you traded in.

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• My 2009 Impreza still has interior rattling and also has engine rattling when it doesn't shift at the right times (mostly going uphill). I've taken it into the dealership to fix but each time they say they cannot replicate the problem (though they refuse to take it on the highway). I leased the car so I'm definitely giving it back when the lease is up and buying something either higher-quality (what that is I don't know) or at least more fuel-efficient.

2 things I thought I would need that the car had: AWD, hatchback. Turns out I only needed AWD once last year and so far have only needed the extra cargo room with the hatch one time also. I think you can actually fit more groceries and luggage in a trunk.
  • bmws50b30bmws50b30 Posts: 4
    congrats on the purchase. i am also in the market for an impreza. i just looked at a base2.5i (auto) and the dealer told me invoice price is $18, 400 with my VIP program. They will also take off $1,000 incentive. The price will come out to around $17,500 including taxes, tags and delivery. Is this a good deal? the MSRP here at edmunds is $18, 495. I'm confused.
  • plektoplekto Posts: 3,733
    The invoice is $18,143, with about $18,500 as the average price. There's maybe $800 profit for the dealer in the car before holdback, so $17500 with tax and delivery(if that really is a true out the door price) is pretty good.
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391
    First, the base MSRP on the 2.5i sedan with no options is $19,190 including destination charge. Invoice on that same car, also including destination, is $18,346. Any incentives or rebates from the manufacturer should be taken off of the invoice price, bringing your price to $17,346 after the $1000 incentive. So, tack on any taxes and fees on top of that. It sounds like $17,500 is a decent price depending on those costs.

It should be noted that the manufacturer's captive finance deal, which is very good right now, cannot be combined with the $1,000 incentive. If you're financing, that is something to consider.
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    I just read the Chevy Cruze will start at $17 grand, so heck yeah, an AWD Impreza for a little more sounds good.
  • tonyyyytonyyyy Posts: 1
    Dude, which dealer did you get ur car? I am in NJ too and looking for a 2.5i Premium 5dr. Please give me the dealer info. Thanks, man!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 27,667
    My 24-month lease with Chase (dba Subaru Finance) was up last month.... Got the final bill today.. The only charges were for the $300 disposition fee.. :)

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

What will/have you replaced it with?
  • erick830erick830 Posts: 16
    i am looking for an impreza outback sport 2010 or 2009 where did you get that price i live in nothern cali. thanks for sharing :)

Downgraded, huh? That's a shame; darn economy, anyway! :P
    Sweet. Pre-Bangle, even. ;)
    Lol... hey, it's used... About the same price as a new Impreza sedan with premium package..

Only 40K miles on an '06.... CPO for two years, with extended maintenance plan, as well... So, pretty cheap ride, all in all...

To be honest, I leased the Impreza because they had a dirt-cheap 24 month lease... It was a good deal, but I never loved the car...

• I'm leasing an '09 5 Impreza right now. My original plan was to turn the car in when the lease was up. But now I find myself becoming more attached to it. I have had some interior rattling noise, but the people at the dealership are really great and have fixed any little problems I come up with. They even let me store my car there when I went on vacation and I didn't have to pay for the airport parking lot! (I'm in Brooklyn). Customer service really makes an impression.

But say my lease ends and I owe something like $12k. If I wanted to only spend that much to buy a car, it would make more sense to buy the car that I had owned for the past 3 years instead of buying someone else's used car wouldn't you think?
    ABSOLUTELY, yes, because it was YOUR car and you know the history and how it was maintained.

Much better to keep a car you're happy with than gamble on a car someone else no longer wanted and traded in or is selling.
  • Putnam Subaru in Burlingame.
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    That reminds me, I have to mention my squeaking creaking A-pillar interior panels (both right and left) to the dealer next time I go in. Especially when the weather is cold and every time I go over a bump or rough pavement I get all kinds of this noise from them. It drives me crazy, particularly as the car has yet to see 20K miles. Is that (one of) the noise(s) you had? If so, it is encouraging to know your dealer fixed it. My dealer's service department seems like it really couldn't care less if I dropped dead. Which is on par for Subaru dealer service departments IMO, from my 6 or 7 years of experience dealing with them.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• Hmm that stinks.
    Actually I just re-read my post about my dealership fixing my car. I must have been on a dealership-high because they had just let me put my car there while on vacation. I should mention that this was the third time that I had to ask them to figure out what the interior rattling was. The first time they dismissed it altogether. The second time they said I had to leave the car for a few days. And that's why this third time I left the car with them while on vacation. I believe that Subaru is aware of this problem in the '09s and has parts for the dealerships to use to fix. It might be them just taping something inside the pillar down.

So Subaru service isn't actually that good or does it depend on the dealer? How do other brands compare? Which brands are known for their customer service? (This is my first car so I have no other experience other than with Subaru).
    As with anything, it all depends on the local business. My local Subaru dealer's service department is fantastic - truly first class (so far!) - but I would never buy a car from them. :mad:

On the other hand, the local Chrysler dealership probably has the worst service anywhere. I have yet to hear anyone say something good about their service... even die-hard Chrysler fans!