Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subaru Impreza Accesories & Modifications

PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Pennsylvania Furnace, PAPosts: 6,068
edited August 31 in Subaru
Discuss the add ons and changes you're making to improve your Impreza here.

Need some roadside assistance? pf_flyer@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,724
    I've been looking for some roof rack/cargo area tie downs for my '06 WRX wagon. I've added the cross bars from the Outback Sport, which have loops for bungie cord hooks.

I don't want the conventional bungie cords, but rather what I was hoping to find was something with vinyl straps with plastic snap connectors, something like what you might find on a fanny pack. So far I haven't had much luck in finding this.

However...

I was wondering about the cargo net that's offered for the Baja's bed.

Any thoughts? Do you think this could work on the roof rack, and/or cargo area? Does it stretch to fit cargo? Do you think it might be too big?

Bob
  • rshollandrsholland Posts: 19,724
    I checked out the Baja's net today, and decided it wasn't a good idea, for a couple of reasons. One, the front attacment stap is short than the rear one, so that it fits the Baja's beed properly. Second, there's not much of a range of adjustment for various size packages.

For the Baja I'm sure it's fine, but not for my needs.

Bob
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Look at Subaru's basket carrier, it comes with a custom-fit net. Get a Chase credit card so you earn Subaru Bucks, then it's free! I have $300 saved up right now.

-juice
  • erics6erics6 Posts: 684
    I really like my Yakima LoadWarrior. Works great on my Mazda P5's OEM crossbars. Should work fine with the Subaru. Can load a ton of stuff on it. (Not quite a TON.) Road trips with 2 adults and 2 kids can be done. I can also mount my Yakima bike racks and kayak mounts to it. I got mine from the local RackAttack in Portland.

Thule also sells one. I don't have any experience with it. Looks similar, a little more expensive.
  • subby06subby06 Posts: 12
    I recently got a 2006 subaru impreza 2.5i. Does anyone know of any performance parts for it.
  • Does anyone know how to take a crank pulley off and put a lightweight one on.

Thanks dustin
  • I just got a 2006 Impreza Sport Wagon. Does anyone know where the subwoofer is located in this car?
    Under one of the front seats, though I forget which one.

-juice
  • Thanks, juice, I found it under the drivers seat.
    Cool. :shades:

-juice
  • hypovhypov Posts: 3,068
    driver's seat?
    Either they changed the mounting or you're RHD.

Under the passenger seat is where mine was.
    Now I have under each seat.

-Dave
  • It is under the driver's seat and it's LHD. I didn't check under the passenger seat yet, maybe I have one under each too.
  • hypovhypov Posts: 3,068
    Nah, you wouldn't have another one on the pass side if you already have one on the driver side. I added the second woofer.

So, they did indeed changed the mounting and where mounted.
  • amador2amador2 Posts: 1
    I have every thing you need and even better you will be stage 2 I have a down pipe, up pipe, turbo heat sheild, short ram intake, intake heat sheild, cat back exhaust, bov,
    all this cost 1,900 im selling everything for 1000 thats a damm good deal Intake, cat back exhaust is SPT Down pipe, and heat sheild, up pipe are cobb
  • paisanpaisan Posts: 21,181
    this isn't a sales site, please contact him directly.....

-mike
  • I have a 2007 impreza outback sport SE. I seem to remember that the dealer told me that it had bluetooth integration built in. Now that I have bought a bluetooth phone, it doesn't seem to recognize the bluetooth in the car. It seems to have a mic in there. Does anyone know if this model has bluetooth built in and if so, how to activate it?

Many thanks for helping in advance.
    Hmm IIRC the 08's (late availability) have blue tooth on the Impreza line. I wasn't aware that the 07 of any subaru had bluetooth.

-mike
  • Thanks for the reply.
    I bought my 07 wagon in Mar so it wasn't a late 07 model.
    I do have something on my dashboard that looks like a mic and I remember I was told by my dealer that I did have bluetooth, so it would be a bummer to not have it since CA laws will start no cellphone in june 08.
    That microphone looking thing is probably for the auto-temp controls.

Let me do a quick bit of research on the bluetooth for yah.

-mike
    Yeah only on the 08s with Navigation and Sirrus.

-mike
  • I've got a 2008 impreza 2.5i with the base stereo and was thinking about installing the subwoofer under the driver's seat. I'm wondering if anyone has a before/after comparo and could give me a little review. The base stereo in there is not very good, but sometimes all it takes is a little bass. I am used to a nice 12" JBL in my trunk so I know it won't be as loud, but I still have no idea what to expect. Thanks!

Alex
  • i've got a 2008 impreza 2.5i with the 10 speaker system.....does anyone know where are all the speakers located at...i was only able to find 6 speakers
    Just as a hint, I know the Tribeca has two in the head liner, near the cargo area. They may be tweeters, not sure. My van has tweeters up on the dash, near the base of the windshield.

They're all over the place nowadays.
  • Hello, I just bought an 08 outback sport.I love it,but its my first subaru and I don't know much about mods for them. If i do an air intake and a cat back exhaust do i need to remap the fuel injection. Where can i get performance parts for the 08 obs? thank you for your help.
    There really aren't any useful mods for the NA subies. You could do intake and exhaust but they really provide little if any power.

The ECU will auto-remap though if you do decide to put them on.

-mike
  • I'm not looking for massive gains. Just another 15-20 horses. Do you think thats possible?
    Nope, even on a turbo, a cat back gives you about 12hp only. On an NA you might get 1-2hp at MOST.

-mike
  • Hi-

I'm trying to decide between an acrylic bug deflector or a vinyl hood cover. What are the benefits/draw-backs of either purchase? Is one better than the other?

Thanks for your help!

~Seth
    You mean a bra v. bug deflector?

Problem with a bra is that it will build up dirt under it and then the vibration of the hood will grind that dirt into your hood. The other problem is the area under it will fade at a different rate than the rest of the car.

I'm a big fan of the acrylic bug deflectors, at least on my SUVs, not particularly on my subies.

-mike
  • sdunnsdunn Posts: 6
    You got it!

I'm mostly just looking to not look at a little area of chipped paint already on the front of the hood. Sounds like the bra may cause more of these little areas. Thanks for your input on this.

~Seth
This discussion has been closed.