Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Article Comments: 2007 Chevy Silverado Full Test

2»

Comments

• You have to chg both because they ECM shorts the other module. Chey replaced two modules one for fuel injectors part FPCM(SPO 025854536) and ECM (SPO 012597121) and my Silverado is running fine. Just picked it up. I think my dealer found the prob and fixed it. Hope this info helps!
  • Excellent! So glad you're up and running. Thank you for sharing this information. I am keeping this info in my owner's manual, and am in hopes I never need to use it. ;)

Trish
  • the_big_althe_big_al Posts: 1,073
    I think the reason the 4 speed tranny is still in service is one it is a very serviceable tranny. It does the job well, although you are correct, a 5 or 6 speed tranny would be a little more efficient. Two, GM is planning on phasing in a new tranmission but their abilitiy to build them in the quantities needed isn't there. They are putting them in the Denalie and Escallade however....
  • bjn57bjn57 Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Chevy Silverado - the oil filter recently blow off - we replaced it, checking to make sure the old gasket wasn't stuck on and the new filter blew off again. What would be causing this?
  • obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    Defective filter, bad install, stripped threads.
  • Nobody knows what is wrong with your truck or mine. I am doing the kabucki dance now with my dealer for the same problem. The first fix was the cold air kit. The second fix at 21,000 miles was change the MAP sensor. The third fix (27000 miles) was the same as the second fix (definition of insanity here??) change the MAP sensor. When I questioned the dealer about doing this again they said "just drive it and see if the code comes back". Glad to know that Root Cause Analysis is not alive and kicking!!! I could not get over 20 on the expressway today because of this and almost was taken out by a log truck at 60 MPH. Besides POS Root Cause Analysis it also looks like safety doesn't matter at GM. You can find this problem mentioned all over the web.
  • mich7mich7 Posts: 5
    If you have On Star, get them to do an engine report when the problem happens. I went straight to the top, GMAC and demanded they do something or I'd sue them for endangering my life and that of my family. They sent an engineer from back East to here in BC. Replaced the harnessing twice. The second time was the charm. We didn't have a problem after hat. Luckily it was a business lease so when it was up in May we gave the truck back!
    hmmm...I'm sure the media would love a story like your right about now since GM advertising is all about safety and fuel consumption right now. Start a facebook page. :)
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,068
    Jkinsella,
    What type of vehicle do you own? Have you tried taking your vehicle to a different dealer? I look forward to your response!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
2»