Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2007 Honda CR-V color pick

kazzikazzi Posts: 3
edited March 12 in Honda
i am a newbie here.my sister is buying a 2007 CRV this month and she's asking me which is the most suitable color for the new CRV.
I would like to consider from each one of u ur preferences and a little say on the color uv chosen.thank u very much for ur reply!

Comments

• I really like the dark blue but it only offers the charcoal interior and a black floor which is asking to be filthy. The dark blue looks good because you cannotsee the plastic bottoms. So I am going to get the silver because it looks classy and rich. I would also consiter the white exterior
  • daryll44daryll44 Posts: 306
    Silver is the best color if you plan to keep it for the long haul, as it always looks new and looks fairly clean except under the nastiest conditions.
  • al63017al63017 Posts: 149
    My two cents.

The tea green is a one year color probably and will not be as popular over time. (According to the dealer)

I too hate black or gray interior so I got the Borregio Beige I think it is called which looks nothing like the color in the crv brochure. It is my third car that color not in a row and I always like it because it never looks dirty, the interior is a light cool in hot temperature color. I would call in a light metallic tan color which has the very slightest hint of green in some light. That may just be an illusion on my part.

Had lots of white cars and always like them but maybe only gray interior. Had a few black but thought crv did not look very good in black.

It is such a personal decision but you will enjoy whatever you choose.
  • lzclzc Posts: 483
    Unless you want gray or black upholstery, Honda doesn't give one much choice. The exterior color didn't matter much to me, except for the green--no way. But since I didn't want black leather seats and the gray leather looked, well, lifeless, I ended up with the beige.

In any color, the CR-V is a winner. No buyer's remorse here.
  • terry92270terry92270 Posts: 1,247
    Green seems to be something people really get riled up about. You either love it, or hate it. The current CRV green looks sick on the website, but in person I liked it. And I am soooo done with black leather and carpets! Impossible to keep it looking clean without employing a chauffeur.

Green is something all manufacturers provide year in, and year out, with differing success. Colors are dictates of a style board (yes, its true) chosen a year or two in advance, and the paint manufacturers and decorators choose between the new offerings, and that is what we see.

Henry Ford seems to have the final say about interior colors...you can have any color you want, so long as it is black! :P
  • kazzikazzi Posts: 3
    thank u very much for all ur opinions. its nice to think about something and consider other people's perspective too! im really learning a lot from forums here. please continue to post if u have anything to say here.
  • ea1420ea1420 Posts: 22
    I loved the green in person, but I think it will date the car sooner than necessary. So I went with silver. I figure I'm not going to be looking at it anyway.
  • I purchased a Green Tea Metallic EX-L 4WD with the Ivory leather interior. I am not too concerned with this color becoming dated as I plan on keeping the "V" for 10 years and at that point as a used vehicle the color won't be such an issue....the condition of the vehicle will.
  • I also chose green tea metallic and I love it. It doesn't show the dust as much as a dark red or blue, and is more exciting than a gold or silver. I have a jacket in the same shade of green and get a lot of jokes of mathing the car to my wardrobe.
  • I have the Glacier Blue Metallic, which looks horrid on Honda's website (it looks dark grey, there). In person, it's a very nice bluish silver metallic. I really like the color, and so does everyone else I've shown it to.

If you check out my CR-V's carspace album, you can get a much better idea of what the color really looks like.
  • kazzikazzi Posts: 3
    thanks man! ive actually been choosing between this glacier blue or silver metallic, i think my sis is getting the glacier, same as urs...thanks for the very nice pictures! i like the background as well :) i am really liking the crv as well, i figured out i might be getting one in time :)
  • drive62drive62 Posts: 637
    Nice pic. Is it just me (probably) but it looks very BMW like to me.
  • Thanks for the compliments, y'all. I think it definitely looks more upscale than its predecessors.
  • snoopy21snoopy21 Posts: 114
    if i recall correctly, honda started the modern green trend back in 1988 with the accord coupe in "monterey green". for at the least the 10 years prior to that, you hardly ever saw green cars. i remember how unique it was at the time because i was actively shopping for a new car at that time. what was funny though was that the frist two months, practically no one wanted the monterey green but, after that, it became the absolute hardest color to get.
  • Ordered my red CRV about 2 weeks ago and am awaiting shipment. My kids voted for white and black, respectively (4 and 12 yr old)...but I've always wanted a red car...

so this is my plunge..it's also been nearly 14 years since I had a new car so, what the heck.

As an aside, the showroom CRV was teagreen and looked lovely, in my opinion. I saw one out on the road last weekand the color looked...totally different and i just didn't care for it. Hopefully I won't say the same thing about the red...but we'll see!

Enjoy your new cars!
    what the heck?! the colors in the brochure look one way (nice), the colors on the CR-V website look another (awful!), and the colors in person are even more different! i thought the green tea metallic looked really nice in the brochure but i just looked at one on the dealer lot and don't care for it. the glacier blue looks purplish in photos. it seems that every dealer here has dark blue and black in stock but i'd rather not have the dark colors where i live. the beige is actually the best color, IMHO but i can't seem to do it as i have a stigma about only old ladies drive gold-colored cars (i KNOW that is not true but i can't help it). i love silver but our other vehicle is already silver. what to do? what to do?
    when i check out the edmunds TMV for the 2007 CR-Vs, they include a color adjustment. i'm assuming this is somehow related to market demand for the various colors. for my zip code (95814), it goes like this:

glacier blue -62
    red -55
    silver +5
    white +31
    green tea +31
    black +64
    beige +82
    royal blue +91

on way to interpret this is that glacier blue is either the least popular and/or the easiet to get out here (i think honda tends to send more of the trendy colors to california than any other state) and that royal blue is the most sought-after or the hardest to get. i've noticed at all the fully-accessorized CR-Vs i've seen are either black or royal blue (for whatever reason) and all those accessories (chrome wheels, side steps, spoilers, etc.) drive up the average selling price of those colored cars. what do you think?
  • I think the market adjustment for color is regionally-based, or at least, it should be. For instance, it would be much harder for you to sell a black or royal blue CR-V in Florida than a white, silver or glacier blue one. Along those lines, it would be harder to sell the lighter colored ones up north.

For my area (Powhatan, Virginia, 23139), the color adjustments are as follows:
    Borrego Beige Metallic -$15
    Glacier Blue Metallic +$31
    Green Tea Metallic -$5
    Nighthawk Black Pearl +$0
    Royal Blue Pearl +$36
    Taffeta White -$64
    Tango Red Pearl +$63
    Whistler Silver Metallic -$5

Okay... per Edmunds...
    Color Adjustment
    The price of a new vehicle may differ based on your choice of color and the area in which you are looking for this color. TMV® uses actual transaction data to calculate this adjustment.
    well, after initially declaring that borrego beige metallic color was the color i least wanted, i'm eating my words because it became the color i liked the most on the CR-V and was the color i eventually bought. it's actually not quite 'gold', being lighter with a hint of green.

i love how the green tea metallic looked in the brochure but i could never see one in person whereas i actually saw a couple of beige ones driving around and i was surprised at how nice it looked. :blush:
  • nearmspnearmsp Posts: 90
    Hey, thanks for the photo!
    Actually I too like this one. My wife likes the silver (her current Honda Odyssey van is silver too). Since her second choice is the Beige we decided to look out for a beige one. I did see the green metallic color, but my wife just could not stand it so we compromized on the beige. I would have liked the silver, but the leather seats don't come in ivory and it gets pretty dark in there and the black seats can really heat up in the summer.
This discussion has been closed.