Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008-2009 Chevrolet Malibu

1444546474850»

Comments

• Hi Everyone. I bought my white Malibu used and it came with very plain hubcaps. I assumed I could buy fancier ones, but Chevy, I'm told does not make them for this size Malibu. I think my wheels are 16 inches. Since they have an open look, I'm told if I buy after market ones I should buy ones that are open to let something get air. Does anyone know where I can get sharp looking hubcaps. I don't know where to look, and really feel the car needs to be dressed up. The hubcaps or wheels really make a difference. I can't afford thousands for real wheels. (I think that's what they're called.) Also, has anyone had stripes put on their Malibu. Mine is white and I think I'd like blue stripes to give it more personality. My old Sunfire even though it had hubcaps and not real wheels, had really nice hubcaps that gave it personality. I also liked it's color better, but they did not have any used red Malibus in the whole state at the time
    Thanks.
  • Another thought. There will be a new Impala in 14. I owned a 2006 Impala LT2 for a year or so until I took an 8 hour trip to Denver in it. The last three hours were agony because the seats are too short and there is no thigh support. Talk about aches! I dumped the car as soon as I got back -drove my Cadillac DeVille until I bought the 11 Malibu. I've taken it on some long 8 hour trips and the seats are just fine. I wouldn't dream of recommending an Impala. Nice car and rides ok but the seats are a real problem on long trips.
  • I bought a used LTZ with 42K miles which was working perfectly. All of a sudden one morning, it would not start up at all. The problem was diagnosed to be a faulty/erased?? control board and body control model which I had replaced. Now everything ie lights, horn, wiper, comes back on once the key is turned in the ignition, but the engine will still not start. There is also no sound from the radio.

How can this be fixed??
  • gonogogonogo Posts: 873
    Take it back, tell them not fixed.
  • You can remove and replace that emblem. I did it when my GF's kid threw a matchbox car and dented mine. It is attached via metal tabs that wrap around the plastic.

I ordered a replacement emblem on Ebay and then used a pick to pull the old one up. You will have to pull up on it pretty hard to unbend the clips and the old one will be trashed. I shortened the tabs on the new emblem by clipped them since you will not be able to bend it under the plastic and set the new one in place of the old one. It is pretty secure once set in place.

The solution was much better than the price the dealer gave me.
  • Hello.. Wondering if u ever got this problem fixed?! If you did please notify me how! Please im having big problems with my car
  • Yesterday my dad went to turn off his 2010 Malibu and he noticed that his head lights would not turn off. He got back into the car and turned it back on, he then noticed that the check engine light was on, as well as the ABS, and low tire air light. His Security light may have also stayed on as well. The only way he could shut everything down was by disconnecting the battery. Has anyone had this problem? Does anyone know what could cause this to happen? :confuse: :confuse:
  • csmjvhcsmjvh Posts: 2
    I would recommend he take his car to an Autozone and have them check the battery and charging system. I was having problems with my TPMS sensors and check engine light coming on. I fought with the dealer as they said everything was working properly. The dealer said my car battery dying, the mechanic showed me that it the amps were not up there. The voltage was fine. I took it to autozone and replaced the car battery and all the problems went away. I guess the low amp condition can cause alot of issues with the computer.
    :)
  • Had the Electronic Control Model reprogrammed...worked in my case.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,125
    cometa89,

Is your Malibu also a 2009? Let us know if we can check into anything further on this with your involved dealership (if applicable), or if you want for us to get you warranty or recall information. We can be contacted by email at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN with your inquiry).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
    rogerdoger45,
    While I as a customer service representative don't have access to much technical information, if you decided to work with a GM dealership we're here to help you in that process. Please don't hesitate to contact us at socialmedia@gm.com with further information (including your name and contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN, and a summary of the situation so far).

• loril744loril744 Posts: 1
    Dwayne, I bought a USED 2010 Chevy Malibu w/28,000 miles on it and it does the same thing ( I will never buy Chevy again... back to Hyundai ) I have driven the car 10,000 miles in 2 years and the same thing happens to my car. What I need to know is... How much did it cost you to fix the problem?? Also What exactly do I ask for to get it fixed??? Please help this single mom. thanks Lori
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 2,103
    Your car should still be under warranty, no? It should not cost you anything.

Good luck with Hyundai. They make cars that are Walmart specials, built to a price, with little refinement or long-term quality. Truly disposable cars.

2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

• Lori, I bought a certified used Malibu in 2010 that was 2 years old. My dealer has covered everything that has gone wrong for free, even things no longer under warantee that they feel should not have happened. I am missing something as you say "does the same thing" maybe referring to someone else's post that does not appear. Call your Chevy dealer service department. If you are not satisfied, talk to their owners. But I have been so satisfied with my dealer. Even though my car is not new, they have given me free oil changes, just like a new car.
    loril744,
    If you have questions about whether or not your vehicle is still covered by warranty, please contact us via email at socialmedia@gm.com with more information, including the last 8 digits of your vehicle's VIN and mileage.

• My 2008 Malibu LTZ's dashboard lights go to various stages from bright, dim, or off. There seems to be no pattern and it is really bad when off and dim is not that great either. I have the adjustment control as bright as possible. I hate to bring it to the garage as it will surely be on bright when I'm there and they will say working as designed, Does anyone have any advice or maybe experienced the same thing?

Thanks, Uncle Dewey
    uncledewey1,
    As a customer service representative, I am limited in my ability to troubleshoot. If you do decide to bring it in for evaluation, please keep us posted! We can follow up on that visit or assist in matters of warranty or recall concerns, and our email address is socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN).
  • Hi Sarah,

I have some personal problems, but will have to take it in soon as it is a real danger not being able to see key items on the dash. I do shift down and need to know where I am, plus speed etc. I will let you know what happens.

Tx for your interest. Uncle Dewey
  • gmfornow3gmfornow3 Posts: 16
    edited June 2013
    I am having trouble finding a repair shop that will quote me a front brake job with the OEM semi-metallic brake pads, expect the Chevy dealer. All the other are quoting me with ceramic pads. When I check all the major after market auto parts companies online, they also have no semi-metallic pads for this car. Are others having this issue? Which pads are performing better, ceramic or semi-metallic? I am worried about too much heat on the rotors if I switch to ceramic.
  • bnsfjimbnsfjim Posts: 1
    edited September 2013
    Owned a 2008 Malibu LT 4 cyl since new. Has developed power steering issue with car jerking steering wheel to the right and left will happen when sitting still or moving. Noticed several complaints on internet of same thing is there a recall on this.
    Hello bnsfjim,

I am sorry you are experiencing an issue with power steering. If you email us at socialmedia(at)gm.com and include your VIN and current mileage in your message, we are more than happy to check if your vehicle has any open recalls associated. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    GM Customer Care
  • Hi Again Sarah,

The lights have continued to be intermittently dim. Lately it happens primarily when I start out for the first time in any given day. However, I've been able to ignore it as they usually become bright within a block of driving. Today, however the lights stayed dim for a long time and I had to drive on an expressway. It was very disconcerting as I could not see my speedometer at all. If I removed my sunglasses I could see the lights were on, but very dim. As it happened I was going to the Chev garage, but of course, they were okay by the time I got there.

I was more concerned about the problem at hand and never even thought about talking to the service manager. I guess I should call him to see if he would look for any service bulletin or if he has any idea of what could cause the problem.

If you have any other ideas I could use them.

Thanks a bunch, Uncle Dewey