Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

" Designed at Mitsubishi Motors studios in Europe and Japan, the Lancer sports sedan shares its stunning design language with the much-acclaimed Mitsubishi Design Europe-penned 2005 Concept-X and Concept-Sportback show cars.

Its low stance, long hood / short deck proportions, wide track, trademark "shark nose" and distinctively deep set "eyes", all bring a new meaning to the concept of sports sedans - very much in line with both Mitsubishi's "Japanese Modern" design philosophy and its peerless credentials within 45 years of racing.

To be launched progressively in world markets from Spring 2007 (North America), the Lancer sports sedan will form a full family of cars with dynamic qualities to match their looks all across the range: from entry models (1.5 litre 110 ps engine in Europe) right up to the all-new Lancer Evolution supercar, including diesel power (Europe), a high performance 2.0 litre turbo gasoline version and other variants."

Press Release from MMNA


  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    Pictures and limited specs. are now available for the 2008 Lancer. What do you think of the styling and it's chances for success in the marketplace?

    May I request in advance to please not post "it looks like xxxxx"?
  • Look's hot indeed! Look a bit like a Acura TSX. Great improvement from the bland previous generation. Reliability have always been good on past Lancer's and Mitsubishi's in general. I hope same trend continues with this new platform, engines and transmissions. including the CVT. Thumbs up!!!! ;)
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

    Will be at the dealerships at early 2007 (no exact date).
    Engine: new 152hp 2.0L 4Cyl
    Trans: 5 speed manual or 6 speed CVT (Sportronic) with paddle shifters for GTS trim
  • dodo2dodo2 Posts: 496
    I'm curious about the tranny options on the non-GTS models. Not quite clear from the Mitsubishi press release.
    " When equipped with the CVT, the Lancer GTS exclusively features a 6-step Sportronic(R) mode using magnesium steering wheel paddle shifters."
    So what is the tranny option for the rest of the trims? They only mention the 5-speed manual for all trims as standard.
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    Yep, it's quite vague. I hope they offer the 6 speed Sportronic as an option across all models. the 6 speed sportronic in the 07 outlander is great. Smooth transition from 1st to 6th gear, and you can hardly sense it shift. From your quoted line, I think what they meant was the paddle shifters were offered only for the GTS. But no biggie, because you can always shift using the stick shift, and my guess is that lower end trims will get the Sportronic trans, but with stick shifting only.
  • Does anybody knows if that 08 Lancer engines and transmissions are made and built by Mitsubishi in Japan? Or is that "world" engine from Hyundai/DCX/Mitsubishi? :confuse:
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    From the press release, it mention only of the global platform, but not the global engine. The 07 Outlander however has both the global platform and global engine. The global engine was just "designed" in collaboration with the manufacturers you mentioned, but the ones on the Outlander are built by Mitsu.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    The block is the only portion of the engine that is shared by the partners for the world engine.
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    Does anybody know ? Anyone have any interior photo's of the EVO ? is there going to be leather seats, navi, and any other creature features worth mentioning ?

  • does ne one know the exact date that the new 2008 lancer become available in the dealership? :confuse:
  • rcpaxrcpax Posts: 580
    It will be in dealerships by March 07.
  • moparbadmoparbad Posts: 3,842
    does ne one know the exact date that the new 2008 lancer become available in the dealership?

    Exactly which dealership?
  • eyes upon for a purchase next. The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES model, the middly-appointed model, has everything I'm looking for. The base Lancer for 2008, the DL, is rumoured to be priced around $14,000. That should price the ES about $15,499, which should work out fine for us.


    Look closely above at the numbers in the middle. It looks like a temp.gauge(outside temp.gauge) and a running computation miles-per-gallon-onamer there. Very nice. The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES comes with front disc brakes and rear drum brakes and ABS with Electronic Brake Force Distribution for added safety.


    Estimates are for the DL(low end Lancer) model pricing at around $14,000. Like to see what they're pricing the ES at. I want one!

    2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

  • the 2008 Lancer and now I want the GTS(top 'o the line)model. It's has a leather-wrapped steering wheel, bluetooth, 7" Nav screen, auto start and auto open fob and a 650 watt Rockford Fosgate stereo. That does get my imagination going.

    Plus, I like how the '08 Lancer looks with the bodykit and valance popped on. Accentuates the shark-nose look a lot more and draws the viewers focus in towards the center when looking straight at the handsome 4-door.

    2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

  • that I would like to get, in 5-speed manual transmission


    Notice the short deck lid at the rear of the car. The storage would have to be kind of limited in the trunk. The GTS model shown has a subwoofer for a Rockford Fosgate 650 watt stereo located in the trunk, too.

    2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

  • here's a color lineup for the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer. I am leaning strongly towards the Apex Silver or Electric Blue.

    The following blurb is right from Mitsubishi media service.

    The Color of Performance
    "A new color palette reinforces the Lancer design's strength and presence. The 2008 Lancer offers a choice of eight exterior colors: Graphite Gray has a strong mechanical quality; Apex Silver conveys a forged, mechanical look; Aqua Green is a fashion-inspired aqua-tinted silver with a metallic sheen; Electric Blue is a vivid and translucent take on one of today's hottest colors for sporty cars; Rally Red is a brilliant, premium red evoking the brand's WRC competition vehicles; Tarmac Black gives Lancer an amethyst-like glow; Wicked White has a sharp sophistication, and finally, Desert Beige adds a touch of elegance. All colors except Wicked White are metallic."

    2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

  • would release pricing on the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer. I mean, the new Lancer is coming to dealer lots around mid-March and if my calendar is correct it's February 10th. Are they chewing their nails off worrying that they don't have the right price on the '08 Lancer?

    Here's how it looks for prices right now. The base Lancer, the DE, will cost $14,000. The GS, the middle model with 16" tires and alloys, will cost around $16,000. The top of the line '08 Lancer, the GTS, will run you about $19,000. The top of the line Lancer for 2008 is the one I have decided I will buy because I love the new sedan with the valance and side runners and spoiler out back. The Apex Silver or Electric Blue or Rally Red are my top choices now. If I had to choose one I'd go with the Apex Silver. It's how the wheels play off the body color and vice-versa that gets me.

    Back to looks like $14-$16-$19 right now for '08 Lancers, but these are still only estimates because Mitsubishi Motors US hasn't officially released pricing yet. If they're too high I'll just keep the '01 Sportage 4x4 and run it till it's wheels chunk off. It's paid off in June..about three more payments. If I don't see '08 Lancer pricing within about a week we're just gonna hold onto the Sportage 4x4. Need the info. My wife wants to hold our cards anyway so she wouldn't mind!

    Oh these cool new cars and their appeal! :shades:

    2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

  • Mitsubishi Lancer check out this link. You won't be disappointed. It includes a slide show with lots of great '08 Lancer pictures plus a presentation from the Mitsu product manager that if you take the time to read will convince you of Mitsubishi's command and control of this segment from the get-go. I now know why Mitsubishi keeps winning so many Dakar Rally Championships. They have some serious engineering prowess going on there.

    Here ya go--- - ishi-EVO-12186/

    The design for the new Lancer was inspired by the Alfa 156 and the Mazda 3. Schweet! :D

    2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

  • Mitsubishi Lancer GLS in Electric Blue. This is the color I have had my eye on for a while. I have decided against Apex Silver. It's between the Electric Blue and the Rally Red now.

    The Electric Blue actually looks sort of Boysenberry Blue in the picture I have placed on my Windows page. This is a good thing because I love that color on a car, a small 4-door sedan like this 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GLS with a 5-speed manual tranny and the optional Sun and Sound Package.

    The Rally Red has a 65% chance of being my color and the Electric Blue is sitting at 35%. I'm thinking that the car will cost around $19,000 with the Sun and Sound Package.
    Ship 'em in here, Mitsu! :shades:

    2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

  • the Electric Blue in pictures off the Internet I have placed it as a 50/50 draw now between Rally Red and Electric Blue. Both have their merits and it might be the test drive and seeing them in person that will convince me.

    Availability might just help me make my decision. If they have a Rally Red Lancer with a 5-speed manual tranny and the optional Sun and Sound Package I will buy that one.

    That Electric Blue looks great, too. Looking straight-on it looks particularly great in the Electric Blue.

    2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

Sign In or Register to comment.