Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Mitsubishi Lancer

Comments

• electrobuffelectrobuff Member Posts: 3
    The bottom line is you have to own a Lancer GTS too appreciate the superior looks and technology it offers for its class :) . Can the Nissan Sentra control how long the dome light stays on when the car door is closed? Does it come with a FAST-Key keyless start? Can it tell the automatic door locks to open doors/or not open doors when tramission is in park? Can it tell how long ACC power will run when car is turned off? Does it offer a 650watt Sound System? 30gigbyte hard drive for music and pictures?

I have been to the Nissan Dealership and some of the Nissan Sentra SL's came in at over $20,000+(2.0 140hp engine,no nav, no premium sound system,17"wheels,no paddle shifters). Do your research the Nissan Sentra SE-R is way more than $19,000 and some change. Go to dealerships and see the mark-up. All said and done the Lancer GTS "kicks sand in the face" of the "Lunchbox" :sick: shaped Nissan Sentra.
  • walterquintwalterquint Member Posts: 89
    The new Lancer looks like an F-16 fighter jet. Nice.
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    Why did you add bodyside moldings to the Sentra but not to the Lancer? I don't see moldings on the Lancer. You mentioned "fairness" earlier?

Either you're blind or pretending to be blind. The body side molding is clearly visible in the GTS picture I posted, something which doesn't come standard in your Sentra SE-R so I have to add it.

You mentioned rebates, so I just presented the available rebates. I didn't even make any deductions to the pricing since I gave you MSRP.

But yeah, you Sentra SE-R will need those rebates with the way it looks.

Good navi systems are available for less than $300. Add one to the Sentra SE-R, and considering all generally-available rebates it's still hundreds less than a Lancer GTS (plus I can move the navi system to any car).

FYI, the MMCS in the Lancer is more than a Navi, the Navi part is just one of the several functions it does. Good navi for less than 300$, maybe you're talking about a Garmin or a Tomtom with a 5" screen. That not good enough for me.
  • backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    All I see on the Lancer is a reflection (white-colored) on the side panel, not a bodyside molding. So maybe I am blind because I just don't see any side molding on that photo.

Everyone has different needs. You need a fancy nav system. That isn't important to me at all (actually, I don't need ANY nav system.) Some people like lots of power, like the 177 or even 200 hp in the Sentra. I think the Lancer is a great package for the money, but I don't think it's a clear-cut winner in value over the Sentra or Mazda3s, depending on the buyer's priorities.
  • shado4shado4 Member Posts: 287
    Either you're blind or pretending to be blind. The body side molding is clearly visible in the GTS picture I posted, something which doesn't come standard in your Sentra SE-R so I have to add it.

Actually, in backy's defense, the Lancer GTS does not come with body side molding. Maybe you're confusing the body side molding with the lower side skirts? Body side molding is the plastic strip that runs the length of the doors and theoretically helps prevent door dings. I believe body side molding is an option on the Lancer, just like on the Sentra.

Since my Lancer has no body side molding I have been careful to park as far away as possible and away from other people who might accidentally slam their car door into mine. :sick:

The good news is that I'm getting more exercise walking to my car at the grocery store. :P
    How about those extra gauges on the center console? Does the Lancer have those?

No, the Lancer doesn't have extra gauges. I believe on the SE-R they are for oil pressure and a g-meter. What the g-meter measures I'm not sure (lateral forces or acceleration/deceleration forces). Would be kind of scary to toss the SE-R into a corner and try to read the g-force gauge at the same time. :P
  • iluvmysephia1iluvmysephia1 Member Posts: 7,704
    I'm also doing those extra-long walks out to the car from the store to avoid parking near thoughtless dorks who may swing their doors open and hit my Lancer somewhere.

shado4, notice how well-put-together the Lancer GTS feels like while driving it? No rattles, pops, or squeaks. Handling is sure around corners and I feel confident going into a corner faster than I would usually go in to them, too. It's a joy to drive.

shado4-those pictures of your Lancer GTS show a blue color. Is that the Electric Blue or another color? Since it's a cell picture(like mine have also been)the lighting makes it tough to tell which color you have.

2021 Kia Soul LX 6-speed stick

I don't like this recent trend on new cars to make the side moldings optional, if they are available at all. Maybe it's a secret deal between the auto manufacturers and body shops? ;)

I expect that on the high-tech Lancer, there is a voice that tells you the current g force: "Point eight! Point eight-five!! Hang on!!!!!" :)
    shado4-those pictures of your Lancer GTS show a blue color. Is that the Electric Blue or another color? Since it's a cell picture(like mine have also been)the lighting makes it tough to tell which color you have.

My cell phone camera takes really bad pictures if you think the color is blue!

It's actually Graphite Gray Pearl. The picture was taken on a cloudy day so there is hardly any contrast. In fact, the first pictures I took seemed too red, so I adjusted the final outcome by filtering out some of the red light. Maybe I went too far...

I enjoy driving the Lancer too. I am amazed at how the suspension can absorb some of the nasty potholes around here and never lose composure, even with the low profile tires. The only thumping I hear is coming from the subwoofer. Gotta love that Rockford Fosgate audio! :)
    I don't like this recent trend on new cars to make the side moldings optional, if they are available at all. Maybe it's a secret deal between the auto manufacturers and body shops?

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! A conspiracy! I don't like it either. My 2002 Elantra GT had black moldings that went all the way around the car, matching the rub strips on the front and rear bumpers. I never worried about door dings with that car!

I expect that on the high-tech Lancer, there is a voice that tells you the current g force: "Point eight! Point eight-five!! Hang on!!!!!"

If there was it would probably sound like Sulu from Star Trek counting up to warp 1. :P
    No--Majel Barrett.
  • rastfoxrastfox Member Posts: 16
    I own a 2005 Sentra with 35,000 miles on it, it's going back into the shop early next week for what I belive will be the 20th warranty repair in the time i have owned it. My most recent Car and Driver they put 40,000 miles onto a new Eclipse and it needed no work other than the factory maintence. Nissan's logs would probly show more like 10~12 times because they have a habit of keeping work orders open even when they can not fix the problem so even if I have to go in 3 times for repairs to be finished it only counts as one trip.

Problems to date include.

Front tires destroyed by improper factory heel toe setings within 3,000 miles.

Pealing clear coat.

Passanger side Power window failing, ... 4 times.

Leaking trunk seal.

Water Shooting from the AC unit and shorting out my Rockford Fosgate Stereo.

Hinges on the cover for the vanity mirror came broken

Front driver side molding on the A pillar, not a proper fit, 2 repair attempts, then they replaced it.

Cheap chunk of partical board in the trunk breaking 2 times.

Passanger side interior doorhandle falling apart after dealer broke it during power window repairs and tried to hold it together with hot glue, I was told it was replaced but it broke again and guess what it was the same part held together with super glue again.

The small box that powers the rear window defroster fell off. Rear glass had to be replaced ( that is my up coming appointment)

Squealing fan belt, replaced under warranty

Exaust rusted out, replaced under warranty.

Extreme rattle in passanger side door, The orginal dealer swore they could not find it, and yet a different dealer found it easily, broken parts left in the door by the first dealer, I had 4 trips to the 2 different dealers before this got fixed.

I think I am just about done with Nissan, so The Lancer ends up as an option even if it is a little more expensive, I might also put a Scion tC into this compo, when it comes to value and style that car is a closer fit, and with the number of dealer options you should be able to get close to the loaded lancer set up for a similar price.

Now the bad news even with the new economy ratings the Lancer seems to get rather poor MPG, to compare to most cars already on the market using the old system basicly add 1~2 mpg to both city and highway figures. The power on the lancer is a bit lacking compared to even the SE-R or Mazda 3s. And the car got rather fat and overweight. Front seat leg room is actualy down from the last design. And honestly I get sad every time I price out a GTS, There is a bunch of junk I dont want that I have to pay for to get the options I want, If I only had to pay for the things I wanted I would save around $1500~2K.

I have to say I find the new Lancer interesting, I like Mitsubshi and I want them to make a come back, I am chomping at the bit to see exactly what they offer with the Ralliart, rumors abound of a 230 hp light pressure turbo with a basic AWD system for around 23~25K. Or basicly a competitor for the non STi WRX. There is an all new WRX coming as well, I think one of those 2 is going to be my next car.

Oh and Comparing an SE-R Spec V with an Evo is stupid, The Evo is in a totaly different class when it comes to performance.
    Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean the other person's opinion is "stupid", or the person is stupid for having the opinion. No need to belittle others here just because they don't think the same way you do.

I owned two Sentras and they were rock-solid in reliability. However, they were both built in Smyrna.

One little issue with buying a Lancer is that there is doubt about their long-term survival as a car company in the U.S. However, if they continue to put out good designs like the Eclipse and new Lancer, maybe the buying public will take notice.
  • sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Lousy car which I dumped when the warranty expired. My problems weren't as extensive as yours though, just the trunk leak and a service light issue that they never could figure out. After 7 tries, they just did something to make the light go out and that's when I traded it. There was an engine problem that made the car run rough in my 33rd month of ownership and never went away. I never got close to the 36k mileage.
    My '06 Civic doesn't have the side mouldings and I do prefer them, people always ding your door and just don't give a d-mn. Shame.
    They gotta do something to get the mileage numbers more competitive on the Lancer...I think it's the lowest in this class. Killer looks though and probaly excellent fit and finish. But dismal EPA numbers...ouch!!

The Sandman :)
  • lmfdjtikolmfdjtiko Member Posts: 2
    sorry i dont really get why it say
    Horsepower @ RPM (Fed./Cal.)* 152/143 @ 6000
    so does it mean the lancer in CA have lower hp,
    so.. like comparing a lancer from other state to a lancer from CA , the one in CA would be slower? plz help me =(
    sorry i dont really get why it say
    Horsepower RPM (Fed./Cal.)* 152/143 6000
    so does it mean the lancer in CA have lower hp,
    so.. like comparing a lancer from other state to a lancer from CA , the one in CA would be slower?

The Lancers sold in California (and in Pennsylvania beginning with model year 2008 where I bought mine) have lower horsepower because of stricter emissions controls. These Lancers are classified as PZEV cars (Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle), which means they are "better" for the environment than Lancers sold in other states.

The engines develop less horsepower because the California emissions regulations probably put a restriction on how well the engine "breathes". Reducing tailpipe emissions means restricting the airflow going through the engine which means reducing engine horsepower for the Lancer. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :confuse:

As far as being slower, the California certified Lancers are probably slower than their Federal counterparts. But unless you are drag racing one against the other it is probably not that noticeable. Different drivers will produce different results.

If you're that worried about performance and speed, you may want to wait until the Ralliart version of the Lancer arrives. As for me, I have no trouble with my "castrated" Lancer being able to keep up with everyone else. Besides, being able to use the paddle shifters allows me to keep the engine in the "sweet" spot where it can produce the most power. And I feel good that I am driving a PZEV vehicle. ;)
  • rastfoxrastfox Member Posts: 16
    The EPA numbers are under the "new" system. Under the old system that almost all of the other cars still get to enjoy untill their next redesign (if memory serves) the Mileage would look more like 23/31 which would still be a bit off but not as out of place.
  • mirde98mirde98 Member Posts: 95
    Me and my best friend we went to test drive the new Lancer. I test drove the ES with manual trans and my friend tested the GTS with CVT. I like them both. Im considering a Tarmac Black ES with black interior and manual trans. It runs on the 16K range. Im on a budget, i was considering the Honda FIT, Hyundai Accent GT, Elantra, Suzuki but since im a actual owner of a Mitsubishi i prefer to stay with Mitsu. Plus i get the loyalty rebate. Only thing that gets me its the mileage per gallon.....why so low? I guess after break in would get better.
    it's nice to be back here after moving to our "new" old house in this little Arizona cowtown. I don't know about you guys but if I never have to move again I would find that ever-so-cool. The last date I had time to talk on Edmunds was April 13th, three days before our move.

About the mileage numbers...I just use my Lancer GTS' average-o-meter and find numbers around town to be under 20mpg...around 18.0. But Willcox is a very small town and the distances travelled are quite small...the engine doesn't get to stretch out too much.

On the highway, though, the numbers improve considerably. On the last trip to Safford, AZ, our mileage averaged 30.2mpg. On our first trip northeast to Safford we averaged 37.2 mpg.

One way to look at it is if you're not gonna do much highway travelling you might want to reconsider getting a 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer. OTOH-have you taken a look at the new Lancer lately?

I just love it's looks and 21mpg city and 29mpg highway work for me...I would like better mpg but the car just rides so nicely and it doesn't squeak, rattle or pop...it is well put together. And I don't know about you other '08 Lancer owners but the interior is very well done...attractive and well thought-out for driver comfort and convenience.

If you like loud music the Lancer GTS is the way to go. One can get that "live music is best" effect in the cabin and the bass does get a thumpin'! The Rockford Fosgate 650-watt stereo can be had on a lower trim on the '08 Lancer but this Sun and Sound package puts the sunroof and stereo together for $1,500 package cost. Well worth it to me. The sunroof is our first and it's a welcome addition to the other nice features offered in the '08 Lancer. There are no rattles or squeaks coming from the sunroof when it's open or shut..a quality job from Mitsu.

Just returned from a quick 50 mile mostly-highway trip in my new, freshly washed 2008 Lancer. Gotta say this car impresses me more and more.

Take the cruise control for example. Where I live there are lots of hills requiring a car with an auto transmission to sometimes downshift to maintain a set speed. This results in various speed fluctuations as the car drops a gear, accelerates past the set speed and then shifts up again, only to repeat the process over and over as the car's speed starts to decrease again.

With the CVT transmission in the Lancer, I noticed no such fluctuations in speed. Since the CVT is infinitely variable, the Lancer had no problem maintaining speed while driving up a hill. I noticed the revs on the tach increase gradually with no perceptible shift in the transmission. All the while the car maintained the set speed which did not vary at all. Going downhill was the same, since the CVT allows for better engine braking much like a manual transmission. Those owners using the paddle shifters in their new Lancer will know what I mean. ;)

I've never owned a car that maintained a set speed so precisely as on the Lancer.

Also, the car tracked beautifully on the highway. No wandering, no shaking, no vibrations. Wind gusts did not seem to affect this car...it is heavy in a solidly built way.

I love this Lancer! :D
  • mirde98mirde98 Member Posts: 95
    Hey guys! Here is an interesting link on the new GEMA Global Engines co-developed by Daimler-Chrysler, Hyundai and Mitsubishi.

http://www.gemaengine.com
    has your '08 Lancer GTS warned you about possible icy roads yet? LOL...mine did the other morning. It was cold and there appeared to be a small coating of ice on my windshield. I fired up the Lancer's engine. I looked at the driver's information center like I always do for information on the car at that time. A message flashed out that said, in all caps, CAREFUL-ROADS IN YOUR AREA MAY BE ICY THIS MORNING.

The graphic also presented a road with a car shown to be swerving! I couldn't believe it. That's how it goes with this car-it just continues to impress me more each day. And the '08 Lancer GTS does track well on the highway and winds don't blow it around. I know because Arizona has some serious winds and I have yet to have a problem tracking steering because of the wind. I love my new Lancer!

• rockyleerockylee Member Posts: 14,014
    Just don't come to the Tx Panhandle, as it is the most windy place to live in the U.S. ;)

Rocky
  • rcpaxrcpax Member Posts: 580
    On my 07 Outlander that warning always appear when temp readings on the dash is 37F or lower, but not really as verbose as "CAREFUL-ROADS IN YOUR AREA MAY BE ICY THIS MORNING." but rather something as "POSSIBLE ICY ROADS"
    it was early and I was in a hurry...what I might have read may have been simply POSSIBLE ICY ROADS but I remain impressed by the functionality of these Mitsubishi's. Nice notion for us, to have our car keep us informed of the low temp's and possible dangers.

This '08 Lancer exudes safety while driving it-its the first Mitsu with a driver's knee airbag, too. Airbags stuffed in to every nook and cranny and ABS brakes with EBD. Large discs for better stopping power.

Wonder why they left out the passenger side on the airbag ? Toyota, has one for the passenger. I guess I shouldn't gripe as this is un heard of at this price segment. It does make me wonder how much the EVO-X as I think sounds better than "10" will cost ?

iluv, any speculation by you pal ?

Rocky
    Hey, iluv...

I take it you haven't read your owner's manual yet? There's a section in it that shows all the warnings you may see in the driver's information screen, including the "possible icy roads" pictograph that I saw every morning the first week or so I had my Lancer. The manual said this warning will appear every time the car is started if the outside ambient temperature is at or below a certain threshold.

This screen has also warned me to remove my key if I open the door with the key still in the ignition, welcome's me when I start the car, and says good-bye when I shut off the engine.

After owning the car for just less than a month, the only issue I really have is a radio display that tends to be washed out and nearly unreadable in bright sunlight. I have everything turned up to the brightest setting using the instrument panel display knob, but it still does no good. Do you have problems reading the display in the Arizona sunshine?

I wonder if there is a way for a Mitsubishi technician to adjust the radio display brightness using their scan tool? I'll check it out when I go in for my first oil change.

Still love the car. Still rattle free and tight as a drum. Still playing songs louder than I used to simply because the Rockford Fosgate unit can actually handle the power without any distortion. The thing I still love the most are the paddle shifters. I love taking the engine up past 5k in 2nd "gear" and feeling the car's power. :shades:
    yes, the radio information screen is hard to read sometimes in the bright Arizona sun. I have not adjusted the display brightness knob yet because I can read the display again easily enough the next time I attempt to look at it. It's far enough over that I attempt to concentrate on the road and leave that display information for a better opportunity to read next time sort of thing. I know what you mean, though. I'll bet it can be tweaked successfully. So it's just a temporary thing for the radio display-the main info. display seems to be readable to me at all times. I'll monitor that closely for a while.

I love the RF stereo, too, and the paddle shifting. I've been prompted by a loud "beeping" and message to turn off my headlights before leaving the car. Message gets through loud and clear on that one!

Tight as a drum still and no rattles or buzzes.

rocky...I would guess the 2008 Mitsubishi EVO-X will cost around $36,995 for the 6-speed manual version. For what you're getting I don't think that's too bad, actually. Love the new '08 Lancer-EVO 10 bodystyle. Very bold, menacing and stellar. :D

Ok, it will be interesting.........

Rocky
    Sales wise, that is.

Mitsubishi April Sales

Sorry, couldn't resist. :P
  • wantaralliartwantaralliart Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know if/when Mitsubishi will be releasing a RalliArt (or larger displacement) version of the new Lancer?
  • ch3vyboii06ch3vyboii06 Member Posts: 1
    For those that own the new lancers...what are your payments/ insurance rates looking like???...and does insurance companies consider the GTS a sports car?? :shades:
    For a 2008 Lancer GTS with CVT and Sun and Sound Package I am paying $327 a month for a 5 year loan at 4.9%. My insurance is just over $900 a year (monthly installment payments of about $78). Be aware that I did have a trade-in, which is why my monthly car payment may seem low.

My insurance went up about $100 per year from my 2002 Hyundai Elantra GT, so no, I don't think insurance companies see the Lancer as a sports car. The forthcoming Evo, however, is an entirely different matter. :P
  • ellusionz21ellusionz21 Member Posts: 59
    I was wondering something as a potential lancer buyer...I checked out the differences in prices of auto and manuals for it, and was confused as to why the DE model is 2k more for an auto, but all the other models are just less than 1k more. Is there a reason for this?
    I'll bet additional equipment is included when you get the AT on a DE. That is pretty common on low-end trim lines for cars--they add other "stuff" when you get an AT.
  • casenicklescasenickles Member Posts: 6
    I am now a proud owner of an 08' Lancer ES (Rally Red).

No car compared in features and price

Performance is great

On the way home people in other cars were damned near breaking their necks to get a better look at the car. One car even stopped at a green light to let me pass to get a look.

I was the first one to get one at my car lot.
    you picked my favorite '08 Lancer color-the same color I chose for my '08 Lancer GTS. You will notice that when the sky dims or gets darker your Lancer ES will get a darker hue of Rally Red. It can look "cinnamon-y" in bright sunlight and it can change in gradations to the darker red.

A co-worker called it "fire-engine" red.

You will love your Lancer...this car does offer a lot for the price and that oh-so-cool menacing look from the front! It is a joy to stare at from the front...the sideview of the front almost hints at a Hyundai Tibby type of look.

I love how Mitsu styled the rear end on this car as well, with those slightly slanting taillights. It is a styling masterpiece. The Rockford Fosgate 650-watt 9-speaker stereo system ain't too hard to take either. :P

Thanks, I'll have to ask what options are different on DE with auto vs. SE, since that only jumps up 1k. I really want the SE but don't know if I'll be able to get em to drop the MSRP from like almost 18k to lil over 16k which is nearer my budget ;)

Ok nother question... this is my first new car purchase, and my dad doesn't do car salespeople or he'd go with me. He suggested I needed to get a total on all the fees first also, so I know what additional costs their will be on the bill. Would someone know what mitsubishi will normally throw in and how much I should be expected to pay on top of the normal delivery (700ish)? I know theres something about tags titles etc. But he said to make sure I'm not paying 500 for some gap insurance which I don't need. And someone else said some fees can be waived sometimes.

I've definately decided on the Lancer over the Mazda3, now to just get my best price for what I want :) Thanks much for all ya'lls help!
    and was surprised to see that it only costs $9.60 for 6 months. Your loan will get paid off if insurance doesn't fully pick up all of the fix-it costs after an accident.

And while you're down the payment road a few years and find yourself owing more than the car's actually worth it will cover you in a loss-enough to pay off the loan. Under 10 bucks for 6 months of gap insurance seems a bargain to me.

You're going to have to pay destination charges($600)and you may have to hurdle 2nd stickers, extra "area-specific stickers" in which they throw in some pin-striping or tinting and charge you a bundle for it. Don't pay for it if you don't want it-demand another Lancer that doesn't have that extra work done on it if you don't want-or need-the extra cost. I know why your Dad doesn't "do" car salespeople, I'm not trying to discourage you but you'll soon see what he means after trying the car-buying game out.

Do get the Lancer you want because it's a great value and an awesome bodystyle-just don't in your enthusiasm sign on for more than you can handle or more than you were looking for.

Go get 'em! :D

I don't know if this is a no no question or not but reading over other posts made me think. They were commenting on the TMV not always being what I may be able to get the car for if it is too new/hot item. Would anyone mind sharing what they paid for their 08 lancer with what options? I will be getting a DE or (if I'm lucky) an ES, but I'm sure others might be interested in GTS pricing since those seem to be what I hear everyone talking about getting anyways. ;)
    It's weird, Edmunds.com lets you configure a DE CVT without A/C, but it looks like you can't do that on the mitsubishicars.com site. Maybe Mitsu is sending all DE CVTs over here with the A/C and power package, which is another $1100.

The ES CVT is only $900 more MSRP than the DE CVT, and you get a lot more equipment on the ES including nice-looking alloys, 60/40 folding rear seat (very handy), cruise, nicer interior etc. Those features might make the car a lot more fun to live with, for not much more money.
  • casenicklescasenickles Member Posts: 6
    As stated before I own a Rally Red ES CVT version of this car

The differences between the DE and the ES are very significant. Of course you get what your budget allows, but if any way possible get an ES over a DE, you will be glad you did.

My original request was for an automatic DE, but none could be found within 50 miles of Columbus Ohio, because supposedly they are in limited production.

I bought mine for $300 below invoice, note I said below dealer invoice and not MSRP. I'm still not sure how they went lower than they actually paid for the car!!!

The features on the ES/CVT not found on the DE/CVT are as follows (to best of my knowledge)

1. Front and Rear stabilizer bars (fron only on DE)
    2. 16" Alloy Wheels (Standard Steel on DE)
    3. Premium Cloth (standard cloth on DE)
    4. Driver seat height adjust
    5. Split Folding rear seat (one piece non folding on DE)
    6. Rear Center armrest with storage (none on DE)
    7. Rear ventilation ducts (none on DE)
    8. Remote Power Door locks (optional on DE)
    9. Cruise control on Steering wheel (no cruise on DE)
    10. Audio control on steering wheel (Dash knob on DE)
    11. Cupholders front and rear (front only on DE)
    12. Seatback storage (none on DE)
    13. Air conditioning (optional on DE)
    14. Interior air filtration (optional on DE)
    15. Front reading lights (none on DE)
    16. Front and rear floor mats (optional on DE)
    17. simulated alloy console trim (not available on DE)
    18. simulated alloy dash and door trim (not available on DE)
    19. All wheel Disc brakes (fron disc, rear drum on DE)
    20. Anti-theft system (optional on DE)
    21. Fog Lights (none on DE, might be optional?)

If you find inaccuracies in this list please e-mail me at casenickles@gmail.com and I will edit appropriately.
    Ok I got my first quote and was wondering if it sounded ok to ya'll or if I could do better?
    They said their invoice price is $16,716.46 and would give it to me $250 more.

Price: 16966
    Delivery: 699.95
    fl waste tire/battery fee: 8.50
    Tax: 1098.70
    Tag & Reg fee: 200
    Electronic filing: 17
    Title & Doc. handling fee: 198.55
    Total: 19,195.70

So... whatcha think? I told them I'd call tomorrow morning after I spoke with my parents (I'm doing it all under my name but just making sure they happy with it), so any quick responses would be appreicated. :)
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    The Lancer Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion is trying to get off the ground. Why not cross-post there also?
    Ok thanks much, just did. Nother question though.. they say their invoice was bout 700 more than what TMV says it is. Is that normal?
  • patpat Member Posts: 10,421
    You can ask that there as well. ;)
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Member Posts: 182
    I wonder why Mitsu didn't include elctronic stability control with its new, improved '08 Lancer? I read in certain previews of this machine, before its debut, that ESC would be available as an option. Not true. As much as I like this new version the lack of ESC was/is a deal breaker, speaking for myself. I thought Mitsu could be different from the rest of the pack (Corolla, Civic, the '08 Focus) and feature ESC. I was wrong. :cry:
    Does anyone think that Mitsu will offer ESC, or at least plain ole traction control, in future Lancers?

Bummer!

Peace- :shades:
    brakes with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution. And 7 airbags including whiplash head protection. Also large disc brakes at all corners. What's not to love and cherish here?

Also extra horizontal frontal reinforcement underneath the engine. This car is nicely weighted and handles quite well. It is a car that gives you confidence in it as you drive it.

Not to mention that menacing jet-fightin' front end that never ceases to draw my attentive glance. Awesome styling throughout.

You would reject the car just because it doesn't have ESC? Not I said the fly.

ESC will be standard on the Lancer no later than the fall of 2011. That's the deadline for all cars sold in the U.S. to have ESC.
  • aladdinsanealaddinsane Member Posts: 182
    Reject it? Unfortunately, yes.

If this machine is your cup of tea then go for it. I beg to differ, without a debate.

My new, ideal ride will appear for'08. When I see it I'll know that it is the one. The Lancer, as it is, is close but NO cigar...speaking for myself.

Peace! :shades: