Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota RAV4 Audio Nav Sat DVD iPod Bluetooth

Comments

• djankovdjankov Posts: 1
    Has anyone installed an indash navigation system like Pioneer AVIC-Z2 on the 2007 RAV4?
    I am looking to buy a 2007 RAV4 4WD LTD and am also considering navigation products. Here in Toronto Toyota offers something called Toyota Navigation System as an accessory, no idea exactly what they build in or if it's available on the RAV4, I still have to check with the dealership, but I suppose I would want something on the high-end side and AVIC-Z2 looks real nice.
    From what I read on AVIC forums, it seems there are kits available for installing double DIN navigation systems. Has anyone actually done it and can you tell me if you did it through your Toyota dealership or some other shop?
  • spaceman210spaceman210 Posts: 50
    Suggest you check Crutchfield.com which will indicate models that are compatible.
  • rlc3rlc3 Posts: 1
    I have a Samsung Bluetooth-equipped phone that will not pair with the handsfree system in my new RAV4. My Samsung phone works just fine with a Bluetooth headset and is compatible with remote bluetooth car kits.

The RAV4 system searches for devices with the pairing PIN displayed but never recognizes the phone. Any suggestions?
  • szfriedszfried Posts: 1
    I too just bought a new 2007 RAV4 Limited with the JBL stereo and have ordered the Sirius radio installation. Is there anything else since Oct that you can share with me. What I'm reading says maybe I don't want them to do anything with it. Thanks.
  • mochikomochiko Posts: 1
    Have you tried taking it back to your dealer to have them pair it for you? When I picked up my new RAV, the dealer paired both my phone and my husband's.
    I find the RAV's bluetooth system so much better than the one that I have with my phone. I can't believe how clear it is. Very convenient, no fumbling around.
    Hope you are successful. :)
  • fandswfandsw Posts: 22
    You are not alone, a lot of other 06 & 07 RAV4 owners are having this problem. Pick up a PAC SNI-1/3.5 Noise Filter, it solves the problem for under $20. Works great!
  • dtown40dtown40 Posts: 18
    Sorry, but Im not even sure what that is or where I would get it. Could you give a bit more detail please?
  • tedkintedkin Posts: 1
    Any Toyo dealer will handle repairs and warranty items. In fact, they love the business because they get paid for warranty work by the factory. You'll receive the same service from any dealer, even if you didn't purchase the car there.
  • dtown40dtown40 Posts: 18
    I found the noise filter that fandsw was talking about at Crutchfield, and it works fantastic. Thanks for the info Fandsw.
  • merdiemerdie Posts: 12
    Do you know what they did to pair your phone/RAV 4? I took my RAV4 to the dealer today and they tried to pair my phone and we can get it to pair but it won't stay paired? Was that your problem? Any help appreciated.
  • l2rmbl2rmb Posts: 2
    I'm having the same issue with my phone. I also have a Samsung (a427) phone and have noticed when I turn off the vehicle, I lose the connection. Every time I want to use the bluetooth function, I need to go through the entire setup again. What a pain. I've had the vehicle for the past week and will be returning this up-coming week to try and resolve this issue. I'll repost with what I can find out. Good luck to everyone else.
  • merdiemerdie Posts: 12
    I went back to the dealer and they tried to pair my Samsung 437 Bluetooth capable phone in my RAV4. No luck, it would not stay paired, each time the connection is broken, you have to start over and re-pair. I called Samsung tech support and after the 4th person, I was told the 437 might not pair with the car. The Toyota dealership recommended I try to get another phone, they suggested Motorola because Motorola, they said, pioneered the Bluetooth pairing. Luckily I had got the Samsung 437 with ATT two weeks ago and had renewed a two year contract and I had 30 days to exchange my phone and they recommended I got to the ATT store and get help with a phone more suitable. I got a Motorola V365 (a RAZR would have worked also) and the ATT guy went to my car, paired it and it works perfectly. So Samsung lost a customer and I am happy with my Bluetooth in my car now. As suggested by someone else on this forum, you can go to www.toyotaletstalk.com and see a list of phones that are suitable for your vehicle. The Samsung 437 is NOT listed. Good luck.
  • jrobcetjrobcet Posts: 1
    So it seems my wife is not alone....

She has a Samsung A437, and we are having the same problem. It simply will not pair automatically. Luckily, she has only had the phone for about 2 weeks. I plan to take it back and exchange it for another phone.

Incidentally, I have a Samsung A727 that works perfectly with the hands free system.
  • Here are pix from an install a guy did last year. I only bookmarked the photos, but there's probably more info on the rav4world website.

http://rav4world.com/forums/album_personal.php?user_id=1358
  • My BlackBerry paired just fine with the RAV Bluetooth but when I talk to people using it they all tell me it sounds like I'm talking from under water. Anyone else having this experience? If so, any ideas to improve the sound at the other end?

Thanks,
    Elliot
  • My iPod generally works well except for an annoying sound I sometimes hear between songs that sounds like a high-pitched whirring sound. This sound will go higher as I accelerate the car. Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks,
    Elliot
  • sumrx4sumrx4 Posts: 40
    I have an 2007 with the basic CD tuner. I know there is an input jack in the console for an IPOD but what about satellite radio. Is there a way to run it via the radio's AUX mode or would I simple have to use some sort of FM modulator. I would really rather not have any additional components visible in the vehicle. What are my options here?

Summer
  • I have a 2007 Rav4 black- what can i do to pimp my ride- I like the RAV4, good on gas, small but can be awsome- what can I do-

open to suggestions
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,845
    Check out the Hot Products links at SEMA/Enjoy the Drive.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• I bought a 06 Rav4 the other day ,it has cd/player with logo MP3/WWA I think its wwa ,anyway I burned a mp3 disc on my computer with songs on it .and burned another cd in cd format ( not MP3) the cd songs play nice ,but the MP3 disc just says no music ..it plays in my computer and other vehicle with aftermaket mp3
    Any ideas whats wrong ??
  • stsafstsaf Posts: 1
    I just bought a new 2008 RAV4 with a factory installed sound system. The tweeters sound muddy/mushy and I would like to switch them out with something that can easily slip into the current location without doing any modification. Any recommendations?
  • oldwomanoldwoman Posts: 1
    Ok, so I have been driving for 50 years, so got that down. Am enjoying my little Toyota.

But just got an iPod and can get it to play in the car. But it won't show any song information. I don't understand about the folders, there are no folders on my iPod, just albums.

When I click on the arrow up or down, it does not change the song or album.

If anyone has the time, I could use some tips here. Thank you.
  • tboom13tboom13 Posts: 5
    Does anyone know how to turn down the ringing volume on the Bluetooth? My wife loves her 07 RAV4 and the Bluetooth. But when a call comes in, the loudness of the ring nearly makes you jump out of your seat. I've looked through the manual and couldn't find anything on it. If you know how, I'd appreciate a tip. Thanks.
  • esp6952esp6952 Posts: 4
    I'm surprised your wife loves it so much. When I use it, most people complain that it's hard to hear me well and it sounds like I'm talking from underwater. As for the ring volume, it's a bit inconvenient but if you start by making a call and adjust the volume down by using the steering wheel control it should lower the ring on a subsequent in-coming call.
  • tboom13tboom13 Posts: 5
    Thanks for the info. I will give it a try. Yes she likes the bluetooth, but we will agree that some people have a hard time hearing her on it. Since I talk to her alot when she is on it, I can notice that some days it is great, and others it is hard to understand her. Now that you mention it, it does sound a little bit like her being underwater. Again, it isn't all the time. I'm thinking there is some interference from the car that is causing this. So far I can't nail the cause. If I figure something out I will post it on the board. Once again thanks.
  • tireguytireguy Posts: 194
    I have a Samsung smart phone which had no proble pairing. Call clarity is just fine on both ends. I haven't figured out how to easily pair the phone when I first get in the vehicle. I guess I need to read the manual a little more carefully. So far I've had to go into settings (the vehicle's) and then select my phone, then talk. With my bluetooth earpiece, all I need to do is flip the mic and the phone instantly pairs. The in-car system will be better for long trips (over 1/2 hour) but otherwise, I'll probably just continue to use my earpiece for instant convenience.

As far as the navigation system, my wife bought me a Garmin Nuvi 250 for christmas last year. I immediately exchanged it for a Nuvi 200, which has identical operation and costs far less. You can buy them now for about $160. I can't imagine what a $2500 nav system can do that my Garmin can't, other than talk to me with a little more detail. Plus I didn't have to remove the kick-butt 6 disc JBL stereo. I also use the Google Maps feature on my smartphone while driving. I'll typically keep the phone on a larger map scale, for general orientation, then use the Garmin for street-level turn-by-turn directions.
    If they offered a nav system which would allow me to create a route using either points on the map or coordinates, an interface which was simple enough to complete a 500 mile route in under a minute, fuel burn rates and status at each waypoint, options of six different map scales plus satellite imagery, upload a threat database (highway patrol), and most importantly, couple the driver controls to the route so I can sit back and let the car drive me home, I'd consider it.
    That's what the nav system does in my work vehicle, a V-22 Ospey. Guess that's the difference between spending $30,000 and $100,000,000.
  • tonyponytonypony Posts: 1
    We're having trouble pairing our cell to our RAV4 Bluetooth. It has paired but then loses the pairing when the car is restarted. It has made calls but now doesn't. Toyota.letstalk.com says our Samsung model is incompatible with the RAV4 Bluetooth.
    Any suggestions out there?
  • Would like both NAV and bluetooth on a 2010 RAV4 limited, but it seems they are mutually exclusive with these option packages? Is it possible to get both? If not, we'll get the package with Bluetooth and add a portable NAV.
  • i brought a rav42010 when i call thr xm radio for subsrib they said the thay can't register the car because need the ship what is that.