Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Quad Cab

Comments

• rahoymerahoyme Posts: 1
    I also was able to purchase my '02 Quad Cab for $1000 less than Edmunds TMV. It was my first experience at a "no dicker sticker" dealership, and was a good one. Went in there armed with the Edmunds TMV info on both the Quad Cab and my trade in ('99 GMC Jimmy). To my surprise, I was offered $1000 more than TMV on my trade (although the sales manager made the comment in front of me that he wanted my trade--had a buyer already in mind?) So, in sum I was able to do the deal for $2000 better than TMV, and didn't have to negotiate. Plenty of rear leg room for my 13 year old son and 10 year old daughter. Also test drove an F-150 at the same dealership, and thought the Ram Quad rode smoother down the highway, as well as my son commented on the additional leg room in the Dodge.
  • pushplaypushplay Posts: 52
    the MAYORS CLUB rahoyme!!
    13in. brakes sure seem to make a difference. It is not a problem stopping.
  • obx1obx1 Posts: 5
    I have a 2002 Quad cab 4.7 liter auto SLT and my gas milage sucks im lucky I get 9.5 a gallon sticker says 13 to 17. Everybody I talk to is getting over 12 or 13 what can be wrong with my truck?? any answers out there I have 1700 hunderd miles on it now
  • Thanx for the info.posting N0.198.I will call the dealer in Terrell,TX.I plan to purchase the same except 4x4,lots of snow here in Utah.They may not have in stock too many 4x4 in TX.This site is excellent for all of us-the more info.exchanged the better for all of us...
  • They have plenty of 4X4's. When I asked over the phone which colors were available Kelli Ann responded, "Which one do you like?" I chose a particular package and color and she had it. When I got to TX. to see the dealership it was incredible. They operate out of an old Walmart building. It's full as is the parking lot. Never seen such a selection. Good luck and keep me posted!
  • finklejagfinklejag Posts: 12
    Join the club bro!I have 2400 miles on mine.I have the 4x4 4.7 auto.I still average around 12mpg.I drive 7 miles to work and 4 of those are on the freeway.I say about 80% of my driving is in the city.Don't waste your money on 92 octane gas.It made my mileage worst.It even says in the owners manual don't waste your money on anything more then 87 octane.I guess the only thing we can do is wait and see.
  • I plan in geting the 4x4 quad cab 4.7,auto, trailer tow package-I plan to do some light trailering in the future.In looking over the specs the limited slip comes only with the 3.92 axle ratio .what is the difference between the standard 3.5? axle ratio and the 3.91.I was told that the limited slip is better on ice etc,but what other differences for gas mileage?.Is it worth getting it even though, I will have the 4x4?
  • magillamagilla Posts: 75
    At the store last night and picked up a copy of Mopar Magazine. There was an '02 Quad cab in there that they had tricked out a bit. It had the 4.7L that they'd tweaked to 350hp. They'd also done a little to the interior. I think it had 23" wheels. And I thought 20s were big! Pretty sharp, but a little overdone for my everyday needs. Wonder how that 350hp feels headin' to work? Check it out.
  • toyotas1toyotas1 Posts: 134
    Who's right? C&D do the comparo this month, and they give the New Ram a pretty decisive win, even with an overtaxed base engine, and they couldn't give it a 9 or 10 in ANY category, even styling (the said Ford was the sexiest!).......Motor Trend test them last month, and the call the Ram the bottom feeder, but give it points for sex appeal and handling. Who's your Daddy? I tend to side with MT on this one, only because with the current engines it CAN'T be the best in class...... but I think it's HOT! I want one, and I don't even like pick-up trucks!
    Who's right? C&D do the comparo this month, and they give the New Ram a pretty decisive win, even with an overtaxed base engine, and they couldn't give it a 9 or 10 in ANY category, even styling (the said Ford was the sexiest!).......Motor Trend test them last month, and the call the Ram the bottom feeder, but give it points for sex appeal and handling. Who's your Daddy? I tend to side with MT on this one, only because with the current engines it CAN'T be the best in class...... but I think it's HOT! I want one, and I don't even like pick-up trucks! And, by the way, the Tundra won that C&D comparo on points......
    Drive a new Ram and I think you may disagree a little with MT, but when the new hemi comes out their diffently won't be any question. I have a new Ram Quad with the 4.7 and love it. I had a 00 Chevy z71 with the 5.3 before this truck it may have had a little more ump, but when weighing in the engineering, quality, and craftsmanship the Ram is miles ahead. Just my opinion.
  • Dodge does offer the limited slip package with a 3:55 rear end, I have this setup. As for the differrence in ratios I like the 3:55 for my truck but I have not put my boat behind the truck yet. I get 15 MPG +/- a half a gallon with just over 2000 miles on my truck. If you decide to get the 3:90 rear end and find your gas mileage is not great you could always put some 35" tires on the truck. This would change the ratio to a happy median of roughly a 3:70 +/- rear end. Good luck

02 Ram 1500, 4.7 liter, 4x4, automatic, 3:55 rear end
  • brando69brando69 Posts: 47
    I received a price from a dealer in the Los Angeles area for a 2002 Ram 1500 Quad Cab for $23792 plus tax and license. The pickup is equipped with the following.
    Dodge 1500 Quad Cab 4x2 140" WB $19851
    M9DV: SEAT-PREM CLOTH 40/20/40 BENCH $444
    AHC: TRAILER TOW GROUP $409
    DG4: TRANS MULTI-SPEED AUTO,45RFE $858
    DSA: AXLE-ANTI SPIN DIFFERENTIAL $251
    EVA: 4.7 MAGNUM V8 $No charge
    GFD: WINDOW REAR SLIDING $123
    LNJ: FOG LAMPS $123
    2TG: CUSTOMER PREFERRED PACKGAGE
    24G: CUSTOMER PREFERRED PACKAGE $2103
    WF5: WHEELS 17X8 PAINTED CAST ALUM $88

THEY ALSO HAVE CHARGED PPA, DAA AND DESTINATION CHARGE FEES.$1195
    Customer Discount: $-484

MSRP: $27,484
    INVOICE: $24,961

The alleged killer deal is $23,761($1200)under invoice because of the $1500 rebate. Is this a good deal for my area. I have seen another post from a guy that bought in Texas and that deal looked too good to be true. Tempted to go to Texas.

I would appreciate your comments.
  • indydriverindydriver Posts: 620
    Your deal is OK but.....since DC is kicking in $1500, you are essentially paying $300 over invoice i.e., the dealer gets $300 from you and 3% holdback from DC. Any dealer in the country would do this deal. Any dealer in the country will also sell you any new Ram of your choice for invoice less rebate. So, if you want to give them $300 to make your salesman happier......
    It's become a crime in this country to pay a profit on a new car or truck? People be nickel-and-dimin'.....
    Thanks for the advice Indydriver. I have made a list of Dodge dealers in my area and will fax about 20 of them and see which dealer will give me the best price. I will also check the newspaper for those one pickup only specials. I saw two listings last week for the Ram Quad Cab SLT and they were excellent deals.
  • indydriverindydriver Posts: 620
    Good luck with your fax attack but I'd be surprised if you get their "best deal". Afterall, would you give that to a customer you have no relationship with? A fax may not even be a customer, it might be their competitor checking up on their latest pricing practices. Same deal with internet shopping. I have always gotten to 'invoice-less-rebate' with any domestic dealer simply by appearing in their showroom once or twice and acting like a serious buyer (and being prepared to buy when they give you what you want). Do your homework and know what you want. Don't waste a lot of the salesman's time because, after all, you're going to ask for a deal where he gets no commission. When the time is right, tell him, "Look, I know what I want. I'm going to buy one of these, but I'm in no hurry. I'll order from the factory if I don't find just what I want on a dealer's lot. The deal is going to be invoice less rebate. Are you interested in moving a unit on this basis or should I look elsewhere?"

toyotas.....don't feel sorry for my dealer, he gets it back from me in the service bay.
    I did the fax attack for my wife's van last year and it worked. We got her van for $300 under invoice. The auto market in the Southern California area is very competitive and the faxes are sent to the fleet department. I should know in a few days if it will work again. I will also call that dealership in Texas and see what kind of deal I can get from them.
  • Let us know how it goes. Did you call Randall Noe yet? One of my favorite things to do is drive through the local dealerships parking lot with the Randall Noe "God Bless America" tag on my truck. Just got an email form someone in California last night. Sounds like a serious buyer. Go to Texas. You will enjoy the return trip.
This discussion has been closed.