Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Tires and Wheels

2»

Comments

• capriracercapriracer Somewhere in the USPosts: 793
    Pat,

First, 4X4's need to identical tires in all wheel positions. Identical means same size, make, model, and state of wear. To do otherwise is to risk damage to your drivetrain - very expensive.

Second, "P" type tires are NOT acceptable replacements for "LT" type tires. You should discontinue doing business with anyone who would make this mistake.

You need to take care of this right away. Not in a couple of weeks - NOW!
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    edited September 2010
    Completely agree. As the owner of a 4x4 dually, I wouldn't set foot in a shop that told me P-metric tires were sufficient substitutions for LT-metric applications... especially E load rated LT tires.

Harmon0406, in the case of your F-350, those P-tires are overloaded and will overheat very quickly, putting you at serious risk for a front tire blowout.

When in doubt, check the sticker on the door jamb for the correct size - including weight class and load rating.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I have an 2003 F-150 2 Wheel drive, the Goodyear tires i used in the past are just not getting any traction. I am looking to get away from the passenger tires. I am willing to go to an 17" rim and tires if they will work. Thanks Ron...
2»