Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda B-Series Electrical/Lighting/Computer

KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
The place to discuss things in your Mazda B that should go ZAP but don't

kcram - Pickups Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
Share your vehicle reviews

Comments

• onkeionkei Posts: 1
    I AM LOOKING FOR A BRACKET THAT HOLDS THE DISTRIBUTOR ON FOR A 1986 MAZDA B2000. I CHANGED MY DISTRIBUTOR, BUT, WHEN I TURNED IN THE OLD ONE FOR A CORE CHARGE, I FORGOT TO REMOVE MY MOUNTING BRACKET AND NOW I CANT FIND ONE. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • I have a 1991 B2200, 5 sp, 4 cyl, reg cab. I would like to wire it for trailer lights. My trailer has a 4 pin male connection. The p/u has a 5 wire light system. I am not good with electrical work. Does anyone know how to adapt a 5 wire to 4 wire set up? Does anyone know if a ready made adapter for the same is available? Is there a wiring diagram for the B series available on line?Thank you for your help.
  • jcbearjcbear Posts: 2
    2001 B-2300 P.U. w/ Check Engine Light on, scanner reads only 1 code "P1537" (Manf Control Veh.Spd. Idle Speed Control Auxiliary inputs). Cleared codes, light went off but returned within 10 minutes. Haynes/Chilton do not list P1537. Any help on how to fix diagnostic trouble code(DTC) from occurring? Thanks, jcbear
  • 93b93b Posts: 2
    I have a 93 Mazda B2000 extended cab 4cyl 5 speed. The main 80 amp fuse was burned recently when the ignition switch was turned on. I replaced the main fuse and when I tried to restart the fuse burned again. I have isolated the short to the "meter" fuse circuit (even though the 10 amp meter fuse is not blown). Any ideas on why the main fuse blows immediately while the meter fuse remains OK or what may be causing this massive short? Thanks
  • 93b93b Posts: 2
    Uhaul sells many adapters for trailer wiring. They might have what you need.
  • The driver side airbag light has come on and now my horn won't work either. A couple weeks ago I also had a problem with the windshield wipers coming on without me touching them. It would only swipe once however. Any ideas? Maybe a fuse or something more serious? Thanks
  • It is a1999 Mazda B3000 pickup, around 80,000 miles. The question is about the airbag light and horn. Sorry I'm new at this.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    That usually means an issue inside the steering column, since all those components go through it. Most likely the clockspring, but that's the area to check.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• hello everyone, i am new to this website, i am trying to get a hold of a wiring diagram for a mazda b2200 im trying to fix my lights, i already fixed my parking lights just wanted to know more about the turnsignals, i am a car audio installer know electrical but just trying to get the hunting of the prob. to a min. there is no books around where i live they do not carry them no more kinda sux but hopefully there is anyone out there with info it be greatly appreciated, in turn if anyone need advice or help on audio/video/security let me know. i been an installer for the past 11 years i got exp. thanx to all
  • kukubaykukubay Posts: 1
    THE AIRBAG LAMP KEEPS BLINKING ON MY DASH.IT IS A 2001 MODEL.COULD PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT IS?
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    Normally, that indicates a malfunction in the air bag system that will keep it from deploying in the event of a collision that normally would cause inflation. That needs to be checked as soon as possible.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host

• russell17russell17 Posts: 1
    How do you do...looking for a starting point..for DIY... (2004 B2300)
    Turned on the lights the windshield wipers/wash came on...
    pushing the windshield wash button, instuments lights came on..
    next day tried the lights and horn now blows :surprise: !
    >OBD code is zero
    >Disconnected then reconnected negative battery terminal
    (still get the horn when I turn on the lights...)
    I'm trying to figure out how to get into the steering column?
    Is the above TSB about this problem? couldn't locate full text and
    and diagrams.
    Thanks for any ideas, russell17
  • i got a 84 b2000 that the previous owner put a aftermaket radio in. it is not wired to a 12v constant wire. i was going to splice into the cig. lighter, but the lighter doesn't work unless the key is turned forward. i am wondering what the color the 12v constant is and where a good place to tap into one would be. any help would be appreciated.
  • My head lights won't go on and the lamps are good, it started out with an intermitant problem, now can not get head lamps to come on, everything else works fine. I need to know how to replace the switch on the colume, the manual is not vary good in this respect.
    Also, could it be a bad light relay and where is it located? or can the light switch be serviced once it is removed, does it come apart or is in one unit with all the functions sealed in a uni type switch?
    Any help would be appreciated. Oh yea, does the horn and stearing wheel bolt cover need a special tool to remove so you can remove the stearing wheel to get at the light switch behind it?

Thanks for amy help.

Rockhound Rider :confuse:
  • well i can scan a diagram to you if you still need it and i could use some help with an alarm, remote start, and auto locks on my 1990 2200. i have tried to do it but it just wont work. if you could help that would be great. thanks
  • newguy6newguy6 Posts: 34
    I have a 1998 Mazda B2500. The dome light will not always go off when the door shuts, it has been on for two days this time (the battery saver feature has shut if off).
    My question is: where is the switch and how do I fix it?
  • Have the same problem with a 1998 truck B2500. did you figure out how to fix?
  • how do you remove the steering column on a 1992 Mazda B2200 Lt Truck
  • When I change from low to High beams the lights go out. When I pull the lever towards me the high beams work. Could it be the power distribution in the steering column?