Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Mazda B-Series Electrical/Lighting/Computer

KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
The place to discuss things in your Mazda B that should go ZAP but don't

kcram - Pickups Host

Comments

• onkeionkei Member Posts: 1
    I AM LOOKING FOR A BRACKET THAT HOLDS THE DISTRIBUTOR ON FOR A 1986 MAZDA B2000. I CHANGED MY DISTRIBUTOR, BUT, WHEN I TURNED IN THE OLD ONE FOR A CORE CHARGE, I FORGOT TO REMOVE MY MOUNTING BRACKET AND NOW I CANT FIND ONE. PLEASE HELP!!!
  • smokeybacasmokeybaca Member Posts: 1
    I have a 1991 B2200, 5 sp, 4 cyl, reg cab. I would like to wire it for trailer lights. My trailer has a 4 pin male connection. The p/u has a 5 wire light system. I am not good with electrical work. Does anyone know how to adapt a 5 wire to 4 wire set up? Does anyone know if a ready made adapter for the same is available? Is there a wiring diagram for the B series available on line?Thank you for your help.
  • jcbearjcbear Member Posts: 2
  • jcbearjcbear Member Posts: 2
    2001 B-2300 P.U. w/ Check Engine Light on, scanner reads only 1 code "P1537" (Manf Control Veh.Spd. Idle Speed Control Auxiliary inputs). Cleared codes, light went off but returned within 10 minutes. Haynes/Chilton do not list P1537. Any help on how to fix diagnostic trouble code(DTC) from occurring? Thanks, jcbear
  • 93b93b Member Posts: 2
    I have a 93 Mazda B2000 extended cab 4cyl 5 speed. The main 80 amp fuse was burned recently when the ignition switch was turned on. I replaced the main fuse and when I tried to restart the fuse burned again. I have isolated the short to the "meter" fuse circuit (even though the 10 amp meter fuse is not blown). Any ideas on why the main fuse blows immediately while the meter fuse remains OK or what may be causing this massive short? Thanks
  • 93b93b Member Posts: 2
    Uhaul sells many adapters for trailer wiring. They might have what you need.
  • glennjaglennja Member Posts: 2
    The driver side airbag light has come on and now my horn won't work either. A couple weeks ago I also had a problem with the windshield wipers coming on without me touching them. It would only swipe once however. Any ideas? Maybe a fuse or something more serious? Thanks
  • glennjaglennja Member Posts: 2
    It is a1999 Mazda B3000 pickup, around 80,000 miles. The question is about the airbag light and horn. Sorry I'm new at this.
  • KCRamKCRam Member Posts: 3,516
    That usually means an issue inside the steering column, since all those components go through it. Most likely the clockspring, but that's the area to check.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • calijtee14calijtee14 Member Posts: 1
    hello everyone, i am new to this website, i am trying to get a hold of a wiring diagram for a mazda b2200 im trying to fix my lights, i already fixed my parking lights just wanted to know more about the turnsignals, i am a car audio installer know electrical but just trying to get the hunting of the prob. to a min. there is no books around where i live they do not carry them no more kinda sux but hopefully there is anyone out there with info it be greatly appreciated, in turn if anyone need advice or help on audio/video/security let me know. i been an installer for the past 11 years i got exp. thanx to all
  • kukubaykukubay Member Posts: 1
    THE AIRBAG LAMP KEEPS BLINKING ON MY DASH.IT IS A 2001 MODEL.COULD PLEASE TELL ME WHAT IT IS?
    Normally, that indicates a malfunction in the air bag system that will keep it from deploying in the event of a collision that normally would cause inflation. That needs to be checked as soon as possible.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • russell17russell17 Member Posts: 1
    How do you do...looking for a starting point..for DIY... (2004 B2300)
    Turned on the lights the windshield wipers/wash came on...
    pushing the windshield wash button, instuments lights came on..
    next day tried the lights and horn now blows :surprise: !
    >OBD code is zero
    >Disconnected then reconnected negative battery terminal
    (still get the horn when I turn on the lights...)
    I'm trying to figure out how to get into the steering column?
    Is the above TSB about this problem? couldn't locate full text and
    and diagrams.
    Thanks for any ideas, russell17
  • willem5willem5 Member Posts: 1
    i got a 84 b2000 that the previous owner put a aftermaket radio in. it is not wired to a 12v constant wire. i was going to splice into the cig. lighter, but the lighter doesn't work unless the key is turned forward. i am wondering what the color the 12v constant is and where a good place to tap into one would be. any help would be appreciated.
  • rockhoundriderrockhoundrider Member Posts: 1
    My head lights won't go on and the lamps are good, it started out with an intermitant problem, now can not get head lamps to come on, everything else works fine. I need to know how to replace the switch on the colume, the manual is not vary good in this respect.
    Also, could it be a bad light relay and where is it located? or can the light switch be serviced once it is removed, does it come apart or is in one unit with all the functions sealed in a uni type switch?
    Any help would be appreciated. Oh yea, does the horn and stearing wheel bolt cover need a special tool to remove so you can remove the stearing wheel to get at the light switch behind it?

Thanks for amy help.

Rockhound Rider :confuse:
  • pfcgivenslima5pfcgivenslima5 Member Posts: 1
    well i can scan a diagram to you if you still need it and i could use some help with an alarm, remote start, and auto locks on my 1990 2200. i have tried to do it but it just wont work. if you could help that would be great. thanks
  • newguy6newguy6 Member Posts: 34
    I have a 1998 Mazda B2500. The dome light will not always go off when the door shuts, it has been on for two days this time (the battery saver feature has shut if off).
    My question is: where is the switch and how do I fix it?
  • domelightstuckdomelightstuck Member Posts: 1
    Have the same problem with a 1998 truck B2500. did you figure out how to fix?
  • butchknoxbutchknox Member Posts: 2
    how do you remove the steering column on a 1992 Mazda B2200 Lt Truck
  • butchknoxbutchknox Member Posts: 2
    When I change from low to High beams the lights go out. When I pull the lever towards me the high beams work. Could it be the power distribution in the steering column?
    Not so much power distribution, but the switch itself at the inside end of the lever. Pulling the lever towards you activates "flash to pass" so you know the high beam bulbs are working. The switches can wear out, though... nothing too unusual.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host
  • deb1957deb1957 Member Posts: 1
    I was turning out of the driveway in my 88 B2200 and suddenly lost all electrical power (it's a low miler - only 160,000 km). Headlights & horn still work, but radio, dash, blowers won't & there is nothing when you turn the key.
    I'm thinking it's electrical, and was going to work from the ignition out, but can't figure out how to get the steering column cover off.
    Any suggestions or help?? Thanks!!
  • ihatecars12345ihatecars12345 Member Posts: 2
  • ihatecars12345ihatecars12345 Member Posts: 2
    I blew the fuse and the mechanic suggested to replace the fuel filter and pump. I did and it did the same thing: had been driving it for a couple of hours and at a stop light it shook violently and died and would not start. I paid $800 for nothing. They said it MIGHT be electrical and it MIGHT be pulling to many amps. Any suggestions or other diagnosis help
  • rigsaskingrigsasking Member Posts: 1
    I have 98 B2500 - running well, all of a sudden check engine light comes on, speedometer stops working (manual) and the windshield wiper/washer no longer works? all other electrical gauges etc still work including turn signal brights on same stick as windshield wiper... any suggestions or specific relay to check - all fuses interior fuses check out.
  • Samm091990Samm091990 Member Posts: 1
    My 1998 Mazda B2500 SE radio seems odd. The clock works when pressing the button for it, the lights illuminate when lights are on, but I get no radio. I was driving today and the radio suddenly started working, but I dunno if it is just temporary or not. I noticed when I screwed my antenna in a bit further it started to work again. It is just super weird. Oh and also my emergency brake does not work & AC blows only out defrost vents (though sometimes ii get a bit of air from the center vents.)