Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sport Trac Engine Problems

2»

Comments

• I have a 2001 Sportrax and will not start. I was told it could be a timing chain/Adjuster problem and that it will cost me somewhere around $1800 to $2000 to repair, because it has two chains. With 175,000 miles on it, is it worth fixing or replacing the motor?
  • My 2003 sports trac has a TSB #18719, Malfunction indicator (too lean condition), on the Check Engine Light. Another bulletin NHTSA #10017860 shows the same results. Malfunctioning Indicator after receiving a false code. My issue is: How do I make this light disappear. I've check the engine for vaccum leaks, none found. My next option is to replace the fuel filter. How do I get this repair information from these bulletins without dropping $45 dollars just to get the fix. Has anyone had this issue before? Whats a Do It Yourself Mechanic supposed to do?
    Thanks
  • tylernd45tylernd45 Posts: 6
    edited January 2011
    I didn't know where to present this question but I've recently noticed that my anti-freeze reservoir isn't staying full. I first noticed that there has been problems with my heater (not staying warm), thats when I refilled my empty anti-freeze reservoir. A week later the reservoir was almost completely empty. Am I burning through it with this cold weather or is there a leak? If there is a leak I haven't noticed any anti-freeze on the ground. Any help would be much appreciated

I have a 2007
  • Did you ever find a solution to the lean furl mixture?
2»