Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota TACOMA vs Ford RANGER - X

meredithmeredith Posts: 578
edited March 15 in Toyota
This topic is a corrected continuation of Topic
2143 (and later 2268)....

Toyota TACOMA vs Ford RANGER - IX. Please
continue these discussions here. Thanks!

Front Porch Philosopher
SUV, Pickups, & Aftermarket and Accessories Host

Comments

• obyoneobyone Posts: 8,065
    kinda confusing.
  • eagle63eagle63 Posts: 599
    How come Explorers equipped with goodyears haven't had any problems? about 10% of explorers have goodyear tires as OEM. so why haven't they had any tread separations? C'mon spoog, you must have the answer. tell me why.

Gee, toyota owners in denial that the problem could be with firestone so instead assume it's all ford's fault.... go figure.
    Same question...so why haven't any other SUV's rolled over with the Firestones and killed people?

Gee, ford owners in denial that the problem could be with ford so instead assume it's all firestone's fault....go figure.

Hmmm..is there an echo in here?
    what other SUV's have the firestone wilderness and ATX tires involved in the recall?
    answer: Ford Ranger light trucks, Ford F150 light trucks, Mercury Mountaineers, Mazda Navajo, and Mazda B series light trucks. Your point being?
    hmmm.. Mountaineers are the same as thing as explorers, (as is the navajo which they stopped producing about 8 years ago).
    As I recall from rereading the last few posts, we were talking about SUV's, not pickups. but ok, we'll address that too. The rangers (again, same thing as the mazda B series) do use the wilderness AT's on many of their trucks. -but they generally use a different size that are NOT made in the decatur IL plant. as for the F150, I'm not sure I've ever seen wilderness AT's on one, but if you say so I'll believe you. -but they too would be a much different size than the tires involved in the recall.

So, I guess you did answer my question. there aren't any other SUV's with these firestone tires.
  • spoogspoog Posts: 1,224
    Look people:

INNOCENT families have been KILLED thanks to crappy quality control. It is the fAULT of FORD AND Firestone.

THESE deaths are NOT occuring on other vehicles with these tires.

How you can EVEN SIT THERE and defend a company that so BLATANTLY cut corners SICKENS me.

Some of you are so blind and company loyal you will deny the very fact that Ford is at least responsible along with Firestone for the deaths of around 100 people.

Absolutely disgusting.
    you know spoog, trying to argue with you is like talking to a wall. you don't pay attention, you obviously haven't read my previous posts, and you throw around hyperbole like a politician.

here's a recap for you: Never have I said that ford is not to blame for this tire fiasco. I have repeatedly said in previous posts that I think that ford is very likely at fault for not acting sooner, and/or covering up this problem. if this is the case, then I hope they get punished big time by the justice dept. too many innocent lives have been lost because of this problem. my only argument is that the explorer is NOT the cause of the problem, the tire is.
    personally, I have no brand loyalty spoog. and it's pretty funny that you of all people would accuse someone else of this. in fact, it's your brand loyalty that sickens me and most others in these forums.
  • My neighbor has an older Ford Explorer with the Firestone tires that are defective. You can clearly see the the separation at the tread along the side wall of one tire.
  • Add in the Ford conversion van to the list. My 92 Mark III van right front tire peeled away and blew out on the highway nearly killing me and wiping out the car next to me 4 years ago.
  • eharri3eharri3 Posts: 645
    Except to say I find it very interesting, this overwhelming urge other owners seem to feel to viciously attack Ford and the Ranger, as in 4 cyl. S10 vs. Ranger, Tacoma vs. Ranger, Dodge vs. Ford, Frontier vs Ranger. It must mean something if noone feels their truck is vindicated until they compare it to a Ford.
  • soundS like a comment to me. JK
  • eharri3eharri3 Posts: 645
    i do have a comment
    Dealing with the facts. The recall list is found:

http://mirror.bridgestone-firestone.com/news/atx/newsmain_ATX.html

so that places all the pickups with firestones on the recall list. Mountaineer, so have any rolled? Are they exactly the same as the explorer? Or do the Mountaineer owners keep their tires at 30 psi? Then again, it could be that they just didn't sell enough of them....

I wouldn't discount that no other SUV's are on the final list. NHTSA is asking for another 1.4 million tires to be added to the recall. We will just have to wait and see when the dust settles. My only point as even the hitcher verifies, the two common denominators in the roll overs is Ford and Firestone....can't see how ford could be innocent on this one.
  • I read that there are more than just the firestone tires to blame,Firestone also has a few other names they manufacture for,I think continantal,cooper maybe.Bought a new computer couldn't remember my old password so I've got a new screenname.Any ranger owners know when the new Ranger will be availible.
  • trenttrent Posts: 86
    10,133 people died in rollover accidents last year according to the NHTSA. Obviously their are a lot of reasons and various vehicles involved. Not to defend Ford or Firestone but that should be kept in mind when discussing this issue. Perhaps they are some other trends out there that should be considered.
  • The '01 Rangers are just starting to trickle into showrooms now. I saw one on a truck on its way to a dealership. It was a black Edge trim. It was very nice looking. I'm looking forward to test driving one of the new ones with the SOHC 4L. Are they equipping the new (relatively speaking) 4L with a 5-speed manual tranny yet?
  • cpousnrcpousnr Posts: 1,611
    "...front tire peeled away and blew
    out on the highway..."

Firestone Wilderness AT or AX right?
    Or was it something else?

BTW, just turned over 34,000 miles on original brakes on my Ranger. No problems, so there is not, in my mind, ANY issue regarding brakes wearing out early on the Ranger, as I recall you recently stated.

Eagle...
    No, spoog makes me laugh, in the knowledge of his lack of....hmmm whats the right word...

street smarts.

And I REALLY enjoy his lack of answers to very OBVIOUS mistakes on his part, false information (as we see now in the tire issue) and also as you just saw, PASSION regarding a certain brand, yet RIPPING (incorrectly) Ford owners for the same thing.
    Meet spoog, the resident, well you fill in the blanks. . .
    Houston to Denver.

No real problems. It was a U Haul 5X8 with a 6X4X3 solid ceder wardrobe, 5X4X3 dresser, and my moms hope chest, a twin bed and some other filler odds and ends (a 100+ year old two man saw).
    The trailer was 900lb, wardrobe maybe 225lb, dresser maybe 125lb, the chest maybe 100lb and the bed and other stuff maybe 150lb for maybe 1500lb. MPG was down around 12 most of the trip but went up to 15.5 on the last leg from Clayton, NM into Denver. Go figure.

Had to clean my KKM air filter in Amarillo, to get that gas mpg up a bit. Notice a power increase too.
    followup to #18. . .

Just wonder why wilderness AT's would be on a van. . .
This discussion has been closed.