Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Explorer Air Conditioner and Heater Problems

1111213141517»

Comments

• raymeemomraymeemom Posts: 1
    Did you ever find out what the problem was with your A/C? My 2010 does the same thing. It cuts out and blows from my defroster for a couple minutes before switching back. I've taken it to the dealer MANY times but they claim it never duplicates while in the shop. Does it to me in a daily basis and seems to be getting worse.
  • chad8235chad8235 Posts: 1
    I need to change the flap control to stop sucking up the air from the outside. I have a 2003 Ford Explorer. When I turn the control from inside to change the direction of air,(floor, defrost, max, etc.) It blows lightly out of all vents no matter what I do. Can I fix this or is this something major? When you have the controls on max, it is supposed to recycle the air from inside of the cab but its still takes the air from the outside. I looked behind the glovebox and I see the vacuum motor, is the flap control located there?
  • I have the same problem with my 95. I dropped the glovebox down and can see the silver arm and door everyone's referring to. It doesn't move when I switch from one mode to another, it stays closed. I can open the door with my hand but still don't feel anything from the vents. I really need help. :confuse:
  • 1997 ford explorer xlt 4.0 ohv mantrans.
    i have narrowed the problem down to a vacuum problem. There is no vacuum on line to heatcontrol valve and no leak on line. Vacuum diagram shows an outside resurculate door vacuum motor between the inside instrument panel line and the heater control valve outside line.
    IS there anyone outthere who could point me in the direction of locating the vacuum motor where is it and how difficult is it to replace?

Thankyou
  • rickexplorerrickexplorer Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    1998 Explorer XLT with 5.0 liter with 100k miles. At 35k, receiver/dryer replaced due to rusting out (original wrapped in foam by Ford...). Has worked fine ever since.

A/C was blowing hot. Turned to vent control, expecting outside air (upper vent and combination upper/lower settings are the two settings that do NOT use A/C compressor). Air was very hot.

Turned car off, turned key to on. Vent setting blows cool outside air. Start car, air immediately turns very hot. Temperature control has no impact.

Seems almost like when the car is running, the air is being pulled directly from the heater?

This doesn't seem to be an A/C charging issue since I can't get the vent to even work. Started to do research, but I don't have A/C repair experience. If it's a mechanical problem, like some door broke and I can get to it to replace it, might be able to remedy situation.

I'm thinking that since we only have a few more weeks of hot weather, I MAY choose to temporarily pull blower motor fuse to see if that makes the vent funnel outside air while driving.

I've read about blend door issues, but haven't figured out how to diagnose that yet.

Thanks in advance!
  • sound like the a/c filter is clugged up . check it out . the filter is between the condenser in the a/c line .
  • My ac went out on a camping trip this summer. Thought it was just an ac issue, then this morning when I went to turn my heater on on my way to work it wouldn't blow hot air! Bad luck I guess. Air still blows but it is just air from outside... any ideas? I have none... please help...
  • By the way I have a 1999 ford f150. Thanks
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,903
    edited September 2013

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

• Need suggestions please!!! 2007 Eddie Bauer explorer. If I turn on heat it works fine on drivers side only, passenger side is cold air even when temp turned all the way up. Has dual electronic climate controls.
    Drivers side has great heat. Same issue is present whether I select defrost, vent or floor heat. Drivers side works fine... Now that its cold out this is an issue...
    paratechs@yahoo.com
  • jbmw2jbmw2 Posts: 1
    HELP PLEASE?!?! I have a 2000 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 6 cyl., and the blower/heater quit working yesterday. The rear still works. I checked the fuses. They were all fine. Please help me, its frozen outside and I need to drive. Thanks!
  • I turned my ac on the other day. Later that evening I tried to use the heat but it only blow cold air I just noticed that the compressor keeps kicking on and when I am wanting heat and it blows colder air when it kicks on. any help?
  • You have a relay under the dash to the right of the gas pedal behind the radio

• dabigadabiga Posts: 2
    Hi there I'm working on a 2002 Ford explorer xlt front and back heat and a/c not working tore apart the dash to check all the lines and blend doors and actuators are all working it has a new thermostat and both lines to and from the heater core are warm not excessively hot but the temp Gage is showing middle to slightly below on the middle. Checked the vacuums inside the engine compartment and running out of ideas
  • dabigadabiga Posts: 2
    Oh it's a 4.0 v6 btw
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,948

If both front and rear heat and AC aren't working, you must have a door blockage somewhere if you aren't getting any air flow of any sort. This presumes a) your fan is working and b) your AC compressor is engaging.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

• poverly said:

My 98 Explorer blows hot air thru all heater modes, all vents work perfect, just hot air all the time,it wont switch from cool air to hot air.
    Help

• I have a 2006 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer. I recently has refrigerant leakage. I took it to my AC technician for resolution. we checked everywhere including the rear and front Evaporator before we discovered it was coming from the front Evaporator. The front evaporator was replaced and working fine. however, after putting back the rear evaporator, we noticed that fan was only blowing and not cooling. The valve was changed and so refrigerant got to the evaporator. However, we noticed that the fan stopped blowing. We removed the fan and check the fan directly with battery. The fan works when connected directly with battery but does not work when installed. It appears power is not getting to the fan socket.
    Please what could be responsible? What can we do?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,948
    I presume fuses were checked after all this work was done?

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!