Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pontiac Bonneville: Steering Problems

2»

Comments

• mercv8mercv8 Posts: 1
    This car purchased 01/14/04 ,Bonneville,same problem as everyone else!!Is there not somewhere we can get some help??Car only has 28/M miles on it and every thing has been done on it,that every one else has had done!
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,701
    Odyssey transmission failures

>Solution...buy a Honda. Unfortunately, GM does not stand behind poor quality manufacturing

Go to the above link and see how Honda stands behind a poor product. They've had transmission problems in models for years and the additional profit has served well for warranty costs. GM hasn't had the luxury of the high profit. Before you pass this off look at the VCM Honda discussion and many others with problems in various models.

This message has been approved.

• imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,701
    I've read discussions about noises from the intermediate shafts. I'll look into them more. I have an 03 leSabre and don't have a noise. I have a 98 leSabre and don't have the noise. I have seen instructions on how to replace your intermediate shaft or remove it an lube it and replace. Do you do intermediate difficulty repairs yourself?

This message has been approved.

• wigtwigt Posts: 6
    I have a 2001 Bonneville SSEi, I had the int coloumn greased a few times and then later they replaced the intermediate shaft with a new improved one and it has not had a problem since. That was about 30,000 miles ago. We have 109,000 on it.

My 02 Suburban actually had a similar problem and they replaced that one too, no problem since, now 121,000.

I love my Bonneville.It is one of the most comfortable cars in years. We have a G8, I love it too but the seats in my Bonneville are much more comfortable for long 6 hour trips.
  • 3 times in the last month, while I am driving, without having the A/C on, the info center of the A/C panel will go blank (dark) and the defrost turns on. After it has been shut off for a while, I can start it back up and it works fine, but if you try to start it shortly after it happened, it remains dark. 2 of the times I had driven it for about 3 hours, but the last time was only 20 minutes. I thought it happened when I turned a corner, but am not sure of that. Any clue what could be the matter with this and how much moola we are talking about for someone (probably dealer) to repair?
  • what is the part i need to replace? I have a 2001 pontiac bonneville sle w/ 114,000 miles. The problem is the electronic heater controls turn off and on whille driving intermittently.
    The heater temp display screen will turn black and you can't use any buttons while this is happening the blower turns on high in defrost mode(with a black screen still and no function of buttons). I replaced the blower resistor and the whole display screen/unit still no fix?
2»