Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volkswagen Jetta Security System

2»

Comments

• The car key was missing the whole button section he just gave me the key it look like something was missing i asked about it and he said it has alarm but i didnt know if i really needed it and if the alarm work it has a red light flashing but no sound or anything my car dont unlock or lock with the key so if i lock it on the passengers side and try to open it with my key it wont do nothing but the car lot guy said it was the alarm making it not work or start i just dont know?
  • I know you posted this a year ago but I just got a 2004 Jetta and my anti theft doesn't beep/chirp either when I lock my car with the fob, I was just wondering if you ever got it to work and if so how? Thanks!!
  • bpeeblesbpeebles Posts: 4,085
    Dont forget that ALL the doors plus the hood and trunk must be closed for the alarm to 'arm'

Also be aware that it is not uncommon for the microswitches in the doors to become troublesome. This can send implausible signals to the computer. (Door open and closed at same time.... etc.) The computer responds by simply not arming the alarm system.

Connecting laptop to the computer-port can diagnose the specific problem.
  • gluedkegluedke Posts: 1
    I have 2011 Jetta SEL with keyless start. On four occasions car has not recognized key and would not start. Dealer in San Antonio (Freedom VW) unable to repair system. VW tech support could offer repair fix. Taking car for second opinion. Antone else experience this problem?
  • i have a 97 MODEL and i have the same problem have you had any luck ?
2»