Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hyundai Azera Electrical Questions

2»

Comments

• I have the same problem and the dealer can't figure it out. 2008 Azera with 33K miles. Every 20 or so tries it won't start, but turns over fine. Dealer says it the keys, but new keys didn't fix it. Has anyone had this figured out?
  • Can't see why it would be a key. I'd hazard that non-recognition of an inserted and turned key would (a) not even turn over the starter and (b) put you into "limp-home mode"...
  • bboobb131bboobb131 Posts: 1
    DEAD BATTERY...I found your post searching for answers to why my 07 azera had a dead battery after 4 days of not driving, on a few occasions. The dealership told me it was normal with all the new gaggets on cars now a days. I told them they were wrong.( I've got several years of working on cars, motorcycles etc.). The dealership checked my car and said the battery and alternator were good. Told them I already put a load on them and they checked good for me too. The one thing I'm not to experienced with is the new alarm systems etc. I later found your post about the hood security switch rubber bumper...Yep, you guessed it, the bumper was missing, replaced bumper, problem solved. Thanks much to you and the people who post so others may learn.. I,m sure this is still an issue with newer hyundai owners...
  • bugsy8bugsy8 Posts: 1
    Great info here, didn't see this issue (sorry if I missed it). I have a 2006 Azera, 49k miles. Driving at night, applied the brakes headlights go out, then flash back on. Did it again (to marke sure I didn't dream it), yep, did it again. Then intermittantly headlights go off and on by themselves. Yes, night time driving 70 miles down the freeway. Dealer had it 2 days, determined the valve cover gasket was loose, leaking oil on the alternator causing a short. OK, possible. Picked it up, next day, mid day.. applied the brakes dashboard lights go out! Did it again, then they started intermittantly on their own flashing off and on. Back to dealer. Have it 3 days, determined battery cables faulty (positive) causing a periodic drain, replaced both. Went to pick it up, didn't even get the door shut to drive off, flashing on the dash - Recharge Battery!, battery light on. Dealer pulled it right back in, started looking at it thinking maybe a cable was not tight, determined the junction box was bad, the screw not secure or broken? Currently sitting there waiting for the new one. Only change during all this was using the cigarette lighter, that had never been used before, (since I've had it). I've only had it a year. Any ideas?? This is a real safety issue and concern!!
    thanks!
  • jamazerajamazera Posts: 149
    get the factory rep in to look @the vehicle and contact Hyundai...stress safty issue...might generate a recall good luck.....Lemon Law???? in more than 3 times for the same problem (Florida Law)
  • alexz4alexz4 Posts: 1
    i got same problem with 2007 azera
    anyone have solutions?
  • mamabearvpmamabearvp Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    I have had the same intermittent starting problem for some time and the dealership could never duplicate it. I eventually contacted the service manager and he promised to find the problem.
    I finally have an answer!! My Hyundai dealership in Peoria, Az really tries to give top notch customer service. If I understand correctly; under the steering wheel cover is an antenna that relates to the key and therein lies the problem. The part is on order and should be here in about a week. I love my Azera and that was the only complaint I have had. This would be a customer appreciation repair and not cost any $$$ from my end. I also needed to have a bearing on my rear shade screen replaced several months ago (I do use it allot) and although out of warranty; the dealership split the cost with me so the cost was minimal.
    I hope this will help others who might have the same concern.
  • My 2008 Azera (purchased earlier this year) is having the same electrical problem you described. This is the 3rd time since August that it has been in to Hyundai service to correct the problem. The battery was replaced the first 2 times and they can't find the drain and after sitting 5 days, it was dead again. My frustration is mounting and I need help! Did anyone find a solution???
  • Neighbor had the same issue. After many visits and replaced parts Hyundai found a loose ground wire under the hood. Fixed.
  • My '06 Azera 3.8L idles @ 1600 RPM when cold. Anyone elses do this? Seems high. Thanks
  • Everything seems fine NOW but, the car hasn't set in the garage for any length of time without being driven. Plan on not being here to start it for about a week and then I'll know if they solved my problem or not. They found a missing little bumper thing under the hood and replaced it and also my audio system. Claimed they could never find the "draw" so tried those suggestions I gave them after I researched the problem myself and saw others with the same problem. The audio system would not eject a CD and I suggested that but they swore if it wasn't turned on, it wasn't the problem. I pushed them until they replaced it. I will post again after we return from our trip and see if the car will start!
  • I have the same issue with the car periodically not starting. What is the "bumper" thing that you are referring to? Thanks!
  • popeye4popeye4 Posts: 5
    The "bumper" thing people are referring to is a black rubber knob-like thing that is seen when the hood is opened. It's on the left side at the edge where the hood would close. The security system is activated with this switch. My knob thing was missing from the dealership. So, the battery completely drained in a short time (the car thought the hood was opened all the time, even when it was closed). The dealer told me that this knob can come off easily, usually when the car is serviced or even washed, if the thing gets knocked. I suggest checking to make sure it's there. If not, get one from your dealership.
  • The sure way to eliminate the power drain when the bumper is not installed is to disconnect the wires from the switch that the bumper pushes on when the hood is closed. The alarm system will still operate with the switch disconnected. ;)
  • lyn1herelyn1here Posts: 3
    Sorrry you are having the same problem. Look at the other post that tells you where the "bumper " is located. To tell you the truth, we went away for a week recently and when we returned home THE BATTERY WAS DEAD AGAIN. So I really wonder if that had been the problem at all. I truely believe that it is just something Hyundi has not perfected on their part when making the car to begin with. VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THAT ASPECT OF THE AZERA. At this point, we feel if we go away on a trip we will NOT be leaving this car in long term parking because who wants to deal with a dead battery when they return from a trip???
  • dmalliadmallia Posts: 7
    I have an 06 Azzy Limited with 130k miles on her. Recently, when I tried to use my remote entry key fob, it didn't open the door. I thought the battery was dead in the sending unit. It started fine and I began driving. I immediately noticed that the trip odometer had zeroed out, as did the miles per gallon computer. I also noticed that the side mirrors will not retract when I push the button. Additionally, I have noticed that the map lights are not working and the light ring around the ignition does not illuminate. All fuses seem fine. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
  • joegarshajoegarsha Posts: 1
    I wish I would have come to this forum earlier. I have a 2008 Azera with about 69k on it. I have been having issues with it not starting for quite a while. It has been to the dealer several times and they have told me it was either a key fob/antenna issue or battery. I am now taking it in for the first time since the warranty expired (bought it used so only 60k warranty applied). Unfortunately, the documentation of the issue doesn't seem to support it as an ongoing issue so we may be footing the bill. The issues now are not starting all the time, dying/dead battery, trip meter going to zero and rear shade having a mind of its own at times. It sounds like this is somewhat of a common problem. I checked the black bumper tied into the security system under the hood and it seems fine. It is so frustrating because all 3 dealers we have been to make it sound like they have never heard of such a problem. Any recommendations?
  • gamlegedgamleged Posts: 442
    "I checked the black bumper tied into the security system under the hood and it seems fine..."

If it's a dying battery problem, there are six places where the security system might see a problem; four door switches, a trunk switch and the hood switch.
    But you can eliminate all of these as a cause if you get a "beep" and a parking light flash when you use the remote to lock up. Point being, you don't get the beep-flash if the alarm system isn't happy because a switch is not made...
  • I also had battery issues due to two cds that were hung up in the player. ended up removing the radio/cd player and tearing apart the cd player to get the two cds out. No more battery problems. Also, even if the rubber bumper that is supposed to push on the hood alarm switch looks good, just unhook the wire to switch and leave it off. Alarm system will still work on all other areas except the hood.
  • jamazerajamazera Posts: 149
    Is the alternator covered by the 10yr/100k warranty???? I'm guessing that itm isn't ....
2»