Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Caravan/Voyager Accessories & Modifications

jerrycarijerrycari Member Posts: 3
edited March 2014 in Chrysler
I need a hitch for my van, for simply attaching a bicycle carrier. The hitch needs to have either 1 1/4 or 2" opening. Any ideas for a good one? Very preferably, it will be fairly lightweight.

Comments

• mwolovimwolovi Member Posts: 2
    I want to change the car seats ,floor and ceilings with persian, hippie modern designs, any suggestions? :) :shades:
  • racingvanracingvan Member Posts: 2
    I have heavily modified my 94 voyager. it now has a 3.0 DOHC v6 twin turbo from a mitsubishi 3000 gt vr4. it is rated at over 300+hp. now that i have completed the drivetrain mods, i am trying to find the "convert-a-bed" rear seat to replace my original rear. i have found that this option was very rarely ordered, and it is hard to find used once (actually impossible so far). does anyone out there know of a company that sells these or if not the whole seat, a conversion kit to convert my original seat? I have loads of fun "destroying" the competition with a voyager. It is the ultimate embarassment to get your butt whooped by a minivan, especially when your driving a corvette. (i've done this twice so far). but i also use this van to camp and travel. any help would be appreciated!!!
  • jimlockeyjimlockey Member Posts: 265
    The best modification chrysler could make would be to add MB's 320 CDI diesel engine.........This would be the best of both worlds.
  • brian_tinklerbrian_tinkler Member Posts: 1
    I have a Chrysler Grand Voyager 3.3 V6 A.W.D (Town & County in the U.S) I have fitted a new drive belt for the auxiliaries but have found the tensioner is loose forcing the belt to misalign itself on the pulleys. How do I remove the tensioner from the engine?
  • tpereztperez Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone know where I can find custom accessories for a 1989 Dodge Caravan?...like headlight covers and other cool stuff?
  • jpfjpf Member Posts: 496
    Try J.C. Whitney. Good luck.
  • jerrycarijerrycari Member Posts: 3
    Recently I purchased a Dodge Caravan SE, without a roof rack. I think I would like to have one now, but don't know how to go about it. Any suggestions? Also, I am wondering if putting a rack on will greatly increase the chances of water leakage. By the way, what I want to do is haul a kayak.

Gerard
  • roompainterroompainter Member Posts: 2
  • roompainterroompainter Member Posts: 2
    yakima.com

for roof rack for your van
  • pacosanpacosan Member Posts: 7
    I had a '97 Caravan I use to haul a kayak on it's roof rack (just bought a new '07).
    I use foam bumpers attached to roof rack cross members to rest my kayak and never had any problems or rack/kayak breakage (my kayak weights some 50# :cry: ).
    I don't think you will have any problems with water leakage, since rack mounts in roof channels designed for this.
    You may find a new OEM roof rack at DodgeParts.com, or better yet :) , you may get a lot cheaper OEM rack at your local junkyard.
    Hope this helps.
  • pacosanpacosan Member Posts: 7
    I had a similar problem on my 3.0 V6. The tensioner spring relaxed and the main belt started slipping. I bypassed the tensioner by removing the pulley an installing a 1/2" shorter belt.
    It worked fine... But be aware... Seen cases where too short a belt was used, inducing oil leakage at the crankshaft o-ring seal, cause the rubber o-ring have worn old, lost flexibility, hardening at the "relaxed" position. Also, this may happen with a new stronger OEM tensioner. It all depends on the car's age and your luck! But once this happens, you will have to replace the ring!!!
    I can only guess that a worn 3.3 develops less "give" at the crankshaft o-ring.
    Best of luck! :D
This discussion has been closed.