Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2003 BMW 3-Series Service

2»

Comments

• My 335Xi is approaching 6000 miles and I would like to replace the oil myself before the maintenance schedule says to, as I did on my previous 330i. Does this require a plate to be removed to access the oil drain plug and if so does it come off easily and how much are the bolts torqued when replaced?

Thanks

Mike
  • Mike,

Maybe this will help.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44590

Looks very similar to my 330Ci, so probably very similar to your 330i also. There is a textual write-up near the bottom of the page. No torque specs given though. Aren't they in your manual?
  • Thanks for the help. I have a manual for my 330i but there are no manuals out yet for the 335. My 330i did not require anything to be removed to access the drain plug.

Mike
  • I just bought a BMW 325i witn 60,000 miles, i went ahead and got the 60,000 service done but the service light is still on. They told me that was normal?? Is that true?? I am not sure what I should do. I bought an extended warranty should I take it in to get looked at?

Thank you for your help
  • That's lame. It's not normal. So long as there's nothing else the matter with the engine, the sensor's probably bad. Lots of sensors on mine had to be replaced. The window guvenors (sp?) are bad too, at least for the 2002 325i.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,582
    I just bought a BMW 325i with 60,000 miles, i went ahead and got the 60,000 service done but the service light is still on.

Do you mean the Oil Service or Inspection light?

They told me that was normal?? Is that true?

They are either idiots, fools, or liars- or possible even all three.

The following procedure may, repeat may work, but I have not personally used it on an E90 3er:

Step 1
    Insert key into slot
    Step 2
    Press start/stop button without depressing clutch/brake and wait for the service reminder to dissapear.
    Step 3
    Immediately after service reminder goes out, press and hold the odometer reset. After 3 secs a warning triangle will appear, keep the odo. button pressed and after another 2-3 secs the Oil can will appear. I f you hold it too long (10 secs in total) you will overshoot the runway and some German writing will appear giving the software level/ can bus etc. of the car. Go back to the beginning and start again.
    Step 4
    You are now in the service menu, use the toggle switch on indicator stalk to scroll up/down through the various service items.
    Step 5
    When you have the item you want to reset showing, press the BC button on end of indicator stalk. Reset should now appear in the display. Press in and hold the BC button for 2-3 secs and a clock will start whirling around and hey presto, its done
    Step 6
    You can now either scroll up/down to select another item (as in step 4) or you can press the start/stop button to exit.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• How would we find someone to repair a blower motor/rheostat in the Appleton WI area? We're not having much luck. The dealer wants to replace the entire unit at a cost of over $1,500. We've had this happen before and it was only a rheostate that was pretty cheap plus labor.

Best,

Dave
2»
This discussion has been closed.