Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lexus IS 250 vs Honda Accord V6

13»

Comments

• bvdj84bvdj84 Posts: 1,703
    I do see your points. They are true. I think the Accord tries to be everything, not just 1 thing. They can pull off a well rounded package though for the money.
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    I can vouch for what you said. I've test driven a Lexus IS 250 and an '08 Accord EX-L V6, and The only way that the Accord wins is in space and V6 power. The Lexus is a much better car in fit and finish, driving dynamics, features, and style (subjective). There's a reason the Lexus costs more.

Hello,

After testing both cars which 1 did you decide to buy?
  • bmlexusbmlexus Posts: 755
    I do see your points. They are true. I think the Accord tries to be everything, not just 1 thing. They can pull off a well rounded package though for the money. s,

Did you test the Accord or the IS yet?

I'll just say that IS is not for big guy, if your 6ft tall, not very comfortable as the Accord is.

The rear seat leg rooms are like a coupe, again, not comfortable for tall guys, and if 3 persons are going to sit in the rear seat, I am not sure how they can, especially for a long trip.
  • elroy5elroy5 Posts: 3,741
    The Accord would win, for me, on two counts. Interior room, and V6. Very important attributes.
  • madpistolmadpistol Posts: 126
    Hello,

After testing both cars which 1 did you decide to buy?

Neither. I was test driving the Accord against an Altima (I bought the Altima), and my Mom owns a 2009 IS 250.

If you're a big guy, you're going to like the Accord's space. The IS 250 is a small car. I probably couldn't live with it on trips in excess of 200 miles. However, the IS 250 is the more luxurious car; Memory seats, 6-speed auto-transmission w/ manual mode, heated/ventilated-cooled seats, Xenon headlamps, LED taillamps, and other interior conveniences/accents are NOT available on the Accord. I also stand by my opinion that the IS 250 is extremely planted and refined in how it drives. The car feels very tight at all ends; no rattles or extraneous noises. The engine is also extremely quiet and smooth. It has a nice sound at high-revs as well.

They are two completely cars for completely different markets, but the IS 250 is a decidedly higher quality car. There's no comparison IMO.
  • I went with the Lexus because of the luxury...they are two different cars but the Honda is less expensive and bigger and more powerful...I don't regret my choice, but I think the Honda Accord is great value
13»