Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe Transmission Problems

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    marka09,
    I looked into your case # 71-944296379. This case is still open and your agent is still looking into this. I would recommend continuing to work with your agent. Please feel free to contact me with any questions comments or concerns.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • markus5670markus5670 Posts: 3
    I have a 2004 Z71 Tahoe with 95000 kilometers. My transmission is now gone for the second time. I have an appointment with the place that rebuilt it (dealership) on tuesday for them to check it out. It was rebuilt 3 years and 30000 kilometers ago. Thats twice in under 60,000 miles!
    I have had to replace the two front wheel bearings (not cheap), the cluster as well as the rear third brake light. The vinyl on the side of my seat has cracked.
    This is the one toy I bought myself, I love my truck, but I'm so dissapointed. I bought it in 2005. It had 27 k on it and has never been off road and totally cherished since the day I've had it
  • richlejarichleja Posts: 1
    I have a 1999 Tahoe with only 61000 original miles and a blown transmission. Does anyone have the link to GM customer service to register the problem? Thanks.
  • mckie1mckie1 Posts: 3
    edited May 2011
    I have a 2007 Chevy Suburban LT ( loaded) X2w drive at 86,500 miles, my transmission completely went out no drive gears only reverse. I was still under warranty, my dealer told me that the problem was fixed. the dealer took out the burnt gears and clutch and repair the bad parts in the transmission. A certified manufactured rebuilt was never an option for me. This was done in April 2010. Here on Friday 05/13/2011, the transmission is out again for the second time with 118,000 miles. Now with no warranty coverage the dealer"says we can give you a Certified transmission from the factory for $4,100.00. ( $2984 for the unit and $1,125 is everything else) who has $4,100, to fix something that should been fix correctly the first time. Help...a GM customer service link or contact info would be great.
  • markus5670markus5670 Posts: 3
    I'm going to get a tranny from monster transmission shipped to a trans shop for 2000 and 450 to get installed. No more GM crap
    mckie1,

I would like to set up a case with GM Customer Assistance. In order to start the process I will need your complete contact information (including full name, mailing address and phone number), VIN, current mileage, involved dealership and a brief description of the problem you are experiencing sent to me in an email.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
    Okay, I sent the email of the requested information. Thank you for your time. If you did not receive the info, please advise.
  • marka09marka09 Posts: 20
    See my last post for the phone number of the GM Executive Escalation Department. But be prepared for "It's too old". They will want to know if you own any other GM products and if you are in the market for a new vehicle. It appears that those 2 questions help make the decision. :lemon:
  • marka09marka09 Posts: 20
    I heard back from GM Executive Escalations Department. The Final Answer is NO - they won't help. Not just NO, but Hell No! Reason - the vehicle is TOO OLD. They offered me a vehicle loyalty certificate if I was in the market for a new vehicle - what a joke! NO WAY I WOULD EVER BUY A GM PRODUCT AGAIN. :mad:

I have the phone number of the Executive Escalation Office if anyone would like to call about their vehicle.

I really would love to hear from people who have had transmission problems with their Tahoes, Suburbans, and Yukons. I honestly think that they have a problem that GM won't admit to. Perhaps a class action suit!!!! And to think that the American tax payers bailed them out... should have let them go out of business.
  • tah04tah04 Posts: 8
    Bro I got 80K on my '04 tahoe, on its 4th thats right 4th transmission. GM don't give a hoot. Hi my name is christina send me your info and i'll look into for you then is carmon then it bob frank joe jim this is all a way to blow smoke up our butts. They don't care I bought a toyota best thing I ever did. And your 100% right we should have let them go out of business 20 billion for what so they can screw the same people that fed them. GM just sucks thats all there is to it. And a loyalty certificate thats the biggest joke what did they give you 1k off an a $60k car ooooooooooooooo. a class action law suit you bet.
    Good Morning Caron,

I appreciate you setting up a case # and everything, but i have know information about my case. What I do have is a dealership wanting their $4,100.00 and storage fee for a vehicle that is ready for pick up after your group left message. A 10 day repair took 3 days to complete and monies are due. Help what to do i am waiting for a response on my case and I really need my suburban back (only family car). Help

Thanks
    Marcus
  • rafael7rafael7 Posts: 1
    Add me to the list of unsatisified customers of GM's Tahoe's. My 2004 Tahoe transmission recently did the same everyone else has been describing and GM will do nothing about it. If you're really serious about a class action suit, count me in. :mad:
  • decomomdecomom Posts: 1
    I have an 07 Tahoe with 54K miles that has had a "jump" in the transmission since I bought it used 2 years ago. I have had it into the dealer and they said it was fixed but the jump into 1st gear is getting more and more frequent. I am taking my family on vacation next week and am very worried about our safety in this car. Now that I think about it....the dealer that sold me the Tahoe probably knew about the issue. I am dropping it off at the dealership today....no loaner car and this is my main vehicle!!
  • bromerobromero Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    I got the same deal going on, bought my first vehicle (on my own at least) had issues with the brakes and went through hell and 2 vehicle-less days getting the dealership to fix that. Get my car back 2 days ago and I'm driving the little boy to school when I hit about 50mph and let off the accellerator and it doesnt "catch" the lower gear. Had to stop at a red light, park, and restart. Happened again after I dropped him off this time I hit the gas (as I had cars behind me) and it was able to go into a higher gear but it feels like its missing 3rd (?) going down? Works well under 40 MPH might have to keep it that way, no money to pay to fix it after taking out a loan to buy the car

2003 Tahoe Z71, 8100 5.3L 112,5(00?) miles.

*Edit - I'm glad this is a recent forum and not a bunch of posts from 3 years ago.....
    decomom,

I apologize for the problems you are experiencing with your vehicle. Please keep me posted on any information from the dealership or when the problem has been taken care of.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • bromerobromero Posts: 2
    Update on mine (2003 Tahoe Z71, 8100 5.3L 112,5(00?) miles)

Took it back to the USED CAR dealer and they told me they would fix it. Gave me a 2010 Toyota Corola as a loaner too. Know this wont be much help to most, but I guess know your dealer?

Bought the car May 31 and they have replaced the brakes (Midas quoted me at $2800) and now the transmission ($2500-$3500).

Would be willing to share the dealer, but I'm not going to advertise for them. Will respond to a PM though, dealer is in Alaska...... :sick:
  • keytohomekeytohome Posts: 2
    Would like to get that dealer info from you if you don't mind. My '04 Tahoe is experiencing some transmission issues now, and I would really like to find an "honest" place to take it to....seeing as how the place I got it from in '07 was anything BUT honest!! Thanks.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,004
    lol, you went to see Cal?

It's not like you guys have a lot of choice, if you stick with dealers.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• keytohomekeytohome Posts: 2
    lol nope, I didn't see Cal, I didn't see Cal, I didn't see Cal. lol It was some other little bootleg dealership on Old Seward...but not RWB.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,004
    Believe it or not, I used to get good service at Midas in Anchorage when I lived there. Started going there after meeting the owner, but I think they still have a good reputation. Back in the day I know they fixed a few transmissions. Usual disclaimers - that was back in the 90s.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.