Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Tahoe Transmission Problems

1141516171820»

Comments

• Couldn't be more disappointed. I have 115,000 km on my truck and have had nothing but problems. Since purchasing the truck in 05, with 26k on it I have:
    replaced 2 transmissions
    front wheel bearings
    instrument cluster
    windshield wiper motor
    3rd brake light
    passenger side mirror
    front running lights don't last more than a month
    And now:
    blown engine- lower end rod?
    rear drivers side window motor
    rear windshield wiper motor
    drivers side speaker has a short
    no a/c in rear
    This truck has been babied since I've owned it. Never towed, never thrashed, never been off road. I've heard of lemons but I think this is more of a general quality issue. Seems excessive for a truck with 115,000km. I have a Ford with 150 k, and no issues. I make sure I bring this up with the 100 or so people I encounter each week in my sales territory. Hey GM, is this what you are still selling? GM is the worst scam out there. Talk about BUYER BEWARE!
  • corgio, i am having the same issues with my 2012 tahoe. its scheduled to go in tomorrow. what was the outcome for your 13? thanks.
  • I went through three transmissions, brake lines that rotted out and failed and almost killed my family --which the dealer then replaced for two or three times as much money as what a private garage would have charged , and Stabilitrak malfunction lights that would not go away unless the dealer got hundreds of dollars , only to return repeatedly for more and more money , plus failed manifold gaskets that cost over $1200 to replace because the bolts GM uses rust out and can't be unscrewed but instead have to be drilled out . Solution ? Take the wreck to a really good detail place and have it shined up inside and out and trade it in to someone , anyone , but a Chevy dealer . GET RID OF IT ! IT AIN't GONNA GET BETTER .!!!!!
  • gblockgblock Posts: 1
    YES i HAVE THE EXACT SAME ISSUE, HAVE YOU FOUND OUT WHAT THE PROBLEM IS i KEEP HEARING ITS AN O2 SENSOR OR A TSS SENSOR WHAT DID YOU FIND OUT ?
  • I have a 2007 Chevy Tahoe LT and everything come to a complete stop and go, the back end feels as though I'm being rear-ended by another vehicle. I took my SUV too a local dealer on to be informed that my Rear-End was going out and it would cost roughly 2500 to fix! I read several comments on here with people who have had the same issue that I'm currently have. Trying to see what fixed or what can fix this ongoing issue?

• jbalcerjbalcer Posts: 1

I have an 05 tahoe that I bought about a year ago. Recently it has started to hesitate between 1st and 2nd gear. Once I had stopped at a stop light and when I went to leave, it slammed into first gear but hasn't done it since. Looking at a new transmission??