Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cobalt Brake Problems

2»

Comments

• My daughter recently totaled her 2007 Cobalt because of this!!!! I drove the car and noticed that the rear brakes locked up with little to moderate pressure. I warned her that the brakes did this and that the rear end would tend to come around if it happened. Well, it happened to her on an ice covered road. She touched the brakes , they locked up, she went sideways crossed three lanes of traffic and hit an oncoming car! Fortunately she and my son were not hurt, nor were the passengers of the other vehicle. What , if anything, can I do for recourse ? Is GM aware of this? Please advise if you know.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,154
    gunnuy30,
    If you were to please send us more information (including your name, contact information, the last 8 digits of your VIN and mileage, and a summary of the situation) via email at socialmedia@gm.com, we would be happy to get this sent to the correct department in GM for review.
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • @bobandgidget said: Thanks so much for posting this. I had to brake this morning at 65 MPH and spun out, ended up facing the wrong way on the freeway and covered 3 lanes. I'm so lucky no one hit me.

Update: Three sets of tires later. Same thing happened again today. I have been using the parking brake religiously since my 2009 post. Mechanics say nothing wrong with brakes. Today the damn thing tried to kill me again, but it died instead when I spun around and hit the center divider at 65 mph. My back is sore, but luckily the airbag deployed and only got a minor chemical burn. BTW I have been driving mostly non-ABS equipped cars for 35 years.

This just 2 payments away from having this car paid for. I was looking forward to that. This also a month since having to replace the perfectly good catalytic converters because of a tear in a stupid 3 inch flex connector, which is welded to the pipe which is one with the converters.

No more Chevrolet anything for me. What a truly bad car. I'm not even giving all the details.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,914

A reporter would like to speak to an owner of a GM car who has had a recent experience with a dealer service department during recalls. If you own a GM car, even one that was not included in the recent recalls, and you've been able to make a service appoint with no problem, or if the recalls have complicated your ability to make a service appointment, please send your daytime contact info to pr@edmunds.com no later than Wednesday, Aug 6, 2014 at 4 p.m. PT/7 p.m. ET.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

2»