Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Lucerne Electrical/Lighting

fcoxfcox Posts: 7
Any tips on how to remove the headlamp assembly? I am trying to upgrade the low beams to the Silverstars and can't budge it after removing the three visible bolts. What am I missing? Thanks!

Comments

• I purchased my 06 Lucerne in June 06. The primary complaint I have is that here in Phoenix where the sun shines all the time, and I wear sunglasses while driving I cannot see the dials on the instrument panel. I have talked to the dealer, emailed Buick and complained to anyone who will listen.
    Buick's reply to my email in August said I could expect a fix in November 06. November came and went - no fix. A reply to another email in late November said I could expect a fix in early 2007. Does anyone else have this problem?
  • wwwelch. I am a Buick dealer in New Jersey and have experience your problem first hand. There is however a fix that has been released. The fix requires replacement of the instrument panel. Your local dealer should be able to look up the repair. If you need additional information you can email me, David Gale, at Norman Gale Buick ngalebp@aol.com
  • Correction; the problem requires replacement of the instrument cluster not panel. dgale
  • eecneeecne Posts: 13
    I just bought a CXL. Does anyone know how to use the Valet Lockout feature?
  • My Lucerne is back in the shop for the second time with a dead battery. They replaced the starter last time, but it seems more like something electrical is draining the system. Anyone here of any problems popping up on the the year old car?
  • cxs2006cxs2006 Posts: 8
    My 2006 Lucerne cxs has been to the dealers 3 times. The battery goes dead if it sets for 4 to 5 days. Dealer has been going out of their way to fix it but no results so far.
    It goes in Monday April 2. These cars are supposed to have a low battery protection circuit. Good luck with yours.
    cxs2006
    Has the dealer tried just replacing the battery or altenator?
    I really like my 2006 lucerne cxs, but the battery runs down if it sets for 4 to 5 days. Has been to dealer 3 times already but still not fixed. They have been calling GM but no results so far. Its going in next week again.
    No, I asked them to replace the battery but the dealer says it checks out ok. These cars are supposed to have a battery run down protection device. They haven't replaced it either.
    Yes, I know it has the run down protection. However, the battery can have a dead cell which would result it not operating underload properly. Go to autozone with the car and have them run a load analyis on your battery, its a free service.
    The car is only 4 months old 2045 miles, but good idea I'm off to Autozone. Thanks..
    Well April 09, my Lucerne may be fixed. The dealer installed a new battery and downloaded new software to the PCM and the Door lock controller.
    I have been taking the battery voltage every 12 hours since Sat. and it seems to be holding at around 12.52 v.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,050
    Did you get the battery checked at Autozone?
    No I decided this is the dealers problem. Don't want anyone else getting involved. I believe it is fixed now..
    Thanks
    More power to you. I was curious if the battery was defective or if there was something draining it.
    I might not ever know if the battery was defective. Because they also downloaded new software to the pcm. I insisted they change the battery. maybe that's why they did it. I asked them to charge the old one and set it on the bench for a week and see what the voltage was. If they do that and learn anything I'll let you know.
  • Mom had the same rundown thing happen when she first got her Lesabre. It seems that she thought she was turning it off when in fact, she was turning it to accessory. This ran down the battery after a day or so. Turning it to accessory over rode the rundown protection. She is now aware of this and it has not happened since. I believe the Lesabre and the Lucerne use the same type key swith.
    Does that mean she was leaving the key in the ignition after she left the car?