Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Cadillac's Image Dying and Does Anyone Care?

Comments

• Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,949
    "A "hybrid" is a vehicle that has both an internal combustion engine and one or more electric motors that operate (in unison and/or independently) to propel the vehicle." (link)

I think that's a common definition that leaves a lot room for expansion.

More detailed ideas are in this article if you have interest:

Grading the fuel-saving technologies of the future
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    I really don't know. However, I was told by the owner of the Prius that in the winter the engine would run enough to warm up so the heater would work.

To get back to Cadillac, my SRX is burning more fuel than my Seville did, not a surprise. My Seville was averaging about 24 MPG in local driving for me. The SRX is still new and not broken in yet, but I seem to be getting around 18 MPG (it's rated 15 city, 22 highway). After the Seville had a few thousand miles on it, the mileage improved by 1 to 2 MPG (probably at least 1.5 MPGs).
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 17,702
    A fine Cadillac example oft-mentioned here:

This message has been approved.

Someone is bound to ask if the DNR on that plate stands for Do Not Resuscitate.

Not going to be me though, uh uh.
    There's always a spoilsport... :P ;)

For those who say GM cars don't last. :P
    This is what? 22 years old?

It's the vinyl. I like boxy cars usually.

The tire hanging back there like an old CR-V or a RAV4 would be a good target for the way I back up too. :P
  • bumpybumpy Posts: 4,435
    How do you get into the trunk? GM didn't believe in interior trunk releases in those days.
  • trimastertrimaster Posts: 163
    Cadillac is lagging behind in the JD Power and Associated 2007 Initial Quality Study.

There's still some work to do...

quality study
  • fintailfintail Posts: 32,908
    Oh I like it, the color combo, the warped black and orange trim stripe, the continental spare that doesn't match the other wheels, and of course that top. The only way to travel, is Cadillac style :P

It looks to be in remarkable condition, probably has 100 original miles on it or something.

It's an 86+, looks like a stock high mount brake light
    I was hoping I'd get to see to whom it belonged when they went out to their car. But it was there when we went in and there when we left. Maybe it's one of the employees at the restaurant. It is in remarkably good shape paintwise for that age. It was in Louisville.

I saw many other cars of age during our trip but didn't have camera where I could grab pictures. The farther south I go the more great old cars I see.

• poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    "How do you get into the trunk? GM didn't believe in interior trunk releases in those days."

These cars had a few more features than the Chevy Cavaliar so there had to be a interior trunk release. I have never seen this option on this car before. Maybe its aftermarket like a few others I have seen.
  • cooterbfdcooterbfd Posts: 2,770
    "How do you get into the trunk? GM didn't believe in interior trunk releases in those days

Yes they did!! If it's optioned with it, the button is in the glove compartment. it is electric, so the ignition has to be in the on position. My brother-in-laws '64 Cutlass conv. has it, and it's vacuum operated.
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,071
    "AAAAAAGHHHHHH!!! Change it, Butthead! Change it!"
  • skeezixskeezix Posts: 45
    My 1965 Buick has a interior trunk release. So did my Dad's 76 and 86 Caddies.
  • poncho167poncho167 Posts: 1,178
    "Yes they did!! If it's optioned with it, the button is in the glove compartment. it is electric, so the ignition has to be in the on position. My brother-in-laws '64 Cutlass conv. has it, and it's vacuum operated."

I should have explained what I was saying more clearly. I never saw the continental rear tire option on this car. It had to be aftermarket. My 67 Pontiac GTO had a glove box trunk release as well.
  • mediapushermediapusher Posts: 305
    My Toyota gets 40 mpg. And it's far from being a hybrid
  • mediapushermediapusher Posts: 305
    Why waste time talking about Cadillac? The "Standard of the World" question is a big JOKE. Besides we've beat that subject with a dead horse. It's ridiculous. That's why we're talking about hybrids. ---Forward thinking. Something GM knows nothing about
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,071
    Yeah, the tow truck to which it's hitched consumes most of the fuel.
  • cooterbfdcooterbfd Posts: 2,770
    Leave him be, he's just trying to incite us. My Park Ave gets 33 mpg on the highway, and it's TWICE the size of his Corolla.
  • sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    My 83 Skyhawk would get 40 too, so big deal.