Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Cadillac's Image Dying and Does Anyone Care?

Comments

• sls002sls002 Posts: 2,788
    So, it probably is a sound deadener, as well as adding to the floor stucture.
  • bumpybumpy Posts: 4,435
    I actually do like those wacky boogers. I wonder if a RB26DETT would fit under that hood?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,779
    I actually shopped the HHR when I was buying a new car---but alas, it handled and braked like an Army Deuce and a Half---how did they DO that?

I think that Morgan is downright WEIRD.

• Probably but why would you want to replace that wonderful Buick/Rover alumimium V8...

;)
    So I could swap it into a '66 Corvair :P. The original Buick version only weighed maybe 50 pounds more than the 'vair mill.
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    lemko,

I fully expect we will see a version of the SLS interior on the next STS. I wished readerrread was here to give us some good interior images of that car again. :)

Rocky
    This should hold you over for a bit.
  • rockyleerockylee Wyoming, MichiganPosts: 13,989
    Thank-you bumpy. I need to go get a napkin to wipe the drool running out of my mouth. :blush:

Rocky
    I think that it looks much like the 2007 SRX interior, except that the console runs all the way into the back seat.
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    Rocky, you'll see me in that car if:

1. I am in China (no brainer here)
    2. I have a Chauffeur
  • lemkolemko Posts: 15,162
    Wow, that is beautiful! If the STS is going to have an interior like that, I don't think I can hold off until 2010 to purchase my next ride! Love that bold grille! Love the rear console too! Very very classy!
  • Is that what we're getting for the next American Cadillac STS? (China SLS)
    No, the SLS is just an extended version of the STS and only sold in China.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    How do they do that? It's a Cobalt!! Like the PT is a Neon, you could fix those issues, but GM would be the last one to do it, even if the price would allow it. I also like the HHR, and if I wanted a Cobalt, I'd buy the HHR version.
  • Forget something???
  • aldwaldw Posts: 82
    Next refresh should have interior similar or identical to the SLS, just without the rear center console.
  • tommyg12tommyg12 Posts: 158
    Talking about service departments....my area has a "motor mile" with several new and remodeled dealerships. The Toyota, Honda, Lexus, Mercedes, etc are incredibly nice, yet Cadillac sales/service is pushed to the corner of a very small Chevrolet dealer. Is this the norm around the country? The car brings in buyers (most cases), but how can Caddy convince the most pampered Lexus/BMW type to switch marques? Shouldn't a high end marque have a standalone dealership?
  • snakeweaselsnakeweasel a Certified Edmunds Poster.Posts: 11,722
    Not sure about your neck of the woods but here in the Chicago area I cannot think of a Cadillac dealer that is not a stand alone dealership with its own service area. Their show rooms are very nice on par with any other luxury dealership and better than most low and mid level car dealerships.

The sign said "No shoes, no shirt, no service", it didn't say anything about no pants.

• 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    Cadillac is not dualed with Chevrolet anywhere that I know of except in small towns out in the country and service large areas. Are you in a small town? Seems strange.

Cadillac normally, if dualed, are with Saab and/or Hummer.
    Here, the largest town for 300 miles in any direction, over 50,000 in the city limits, 100,000 or so around and in the city, has had a Cadillac_Oldsmobile dealership for a very long time. The other dealer within a 100 miles was also an Oldsmobile_Cadillac dealer. After Olds was discontinued (flopped?), the dealership aquired the Pontiac_Buick dealership and moved their GMC line their. However, GM/Cadillac required that the Cadillac line be moved to the Chevy dealer, where is is now. The other dealer is continuing on with Cadillac_GMC.

Checking on the Cadillac dealers more than 100 miles away, but still within 200 or so miles, reveals most of them as full line dealers, that is not only Chevy, but also Buick and Pontiac as well as GMC.
    Hmmm...I beg to differ on that.

Chevy-Cadillac is quite common here in California. Just two off the top of my head, in large metro areas are Stewart Cad/Chevy in Colma (Burlingame near San Francisco) and Graham Cad/Chevy in Santa Barbara. We also have Cadillac/Mazda (BIG dealer) in Santa Cruz.

If you google these two keywords "cadillac chevrolet" you will get pages and pages of Cadillac--Chevy duals.

The two dealers I mentioned follow the pattern someone else noticed...large Chevy showrooms and smaller separate Cadillac showrooms...which is probably a good idea. But the service areas are the same of course.

interestingly, the Mazda dealer has Caddies and Mazdas side by side.

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,677
    My local dealer is Caddy/Buick/Pontiac/GMC

The smaller town where my mom lives had a Caddy/Olds/Buick/GMC/Honda, but then it changed hands and is soley Honda...I dunno if the Caddy went to the Chevy dealer (who also owns the Ford franchise) or if it just vanished altogether.
    It would be interesting to know what regions/cities are Cadillac's biggest sellers. I know San Francisco isn't, because I never see these cars very much in the Bay Area and the dealers all look a bit forelorn. I bet Florida, Vegas, San Diego, Palm Desert, Detroit, etc. Retirement strongholds.

But you know, I don't really know.

In Atlanta Caddy has stand-alone dealership.
    I'm sure there are some cities that could support a stand-alone Cadillac dealership no problem. It would be a tough row to hoe where I live....unless of course the stand-alone is a factory-owned store and they are supporting the rent just to have presence on a prestige auto row. It's like spending money on advertising. The big dealer in SF proper is Ellis Brooks and he sells the whole GM range, including trucks.

• fintailfintail Posts: 33,677
    It aint Seattle, I know that. Although the Caddy dealers here don't have any bad reps that I know of, anyway.

Luckily this place doesn't sell Caddy
    I think whichever Cadillac dealers are selling the most SUVs are the ones prospering--that seems to be Cadillac's sweet spot right now---the trucks.

• bigo08bigo08 Posts: 102
    I've seen a few stand alone Cadillac dealers here So Cali.. as Well as Chevy
  • 62vetteefp62vetteefp Posts: 6,048
    As I said the preferred dualing is:
    Cadillac/Saab/Hummer
    Pontiac/GMC/Buick
    Chevrolet
    Saturn

BUT they are all independent and can do what they want but this is what GM is pushing for in markets that can handle it. If a Cadillac dealer cannot stand alone and make money then it will dual with somebody else. Many of the duals were done many years ago and it will take time.

Here is a presentation that explains it.

http://media.corporate-ir.net/media_files/IROL/84/84530/presentations/gm_080906L- aNeve.pdf
  • In the Bay Area no one drives American cars and no mechanics know how to properly fix them. It's amazing.

In Austin, the Cadillac dealership and showroom is on par with BMW and Lexus. However, it has a Buick and a Saturn dealership in separate buildings on the same large lot. (No Chevy/Pontiac/GMC crap) The worst luxury dealerships here in Austin are a tossup between the Infiniti dealership (They know it's crappy and are building a new showroom.) and the north Austin Acura dealership. (I refused to buy a TL because that dealership scared me too much. The Toyota dealership is better. The Lexus dealership is, of course, top notch!)