Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Performance Oriented Factory Tuner Automobiles

Comments

• rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    So are you impressed with the new EVO-X ????

If so/not what are your likes and dislikes about the car ????

Rocky
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    Rocky, I was never into cars like the EVO and Impreza. I know those are fun to drive but they don't offer enough luxury for my taste.

In luxury I am not only looking for leather seats, fake wood trims and gadgets (I can settle for Camry or Accord if I am satisfy with those). The most important criteria for me is the interior fit-'n-finish, material quality and overall appearance. To me the EVO do offer enough performance but not enough luxury to be an ELLPS.

Also, I am working in a fairly conservative environment so to drive a riced up car like the EVO will get me too much unnecessary attention.
    I guess some of the people I know love to have a trademerk. The new EVO-X is so impressive everything about it's is a trademark because out of all the cars they will release in the autoshows. EVO-X will have the "shock factor" and respect of being performance icon. The EVO-X will impressed :)

Rocky
    What do y'all think about that new Mercedes C class ????

I personally like it a lot. The manual is going to be available still right ?????

Rocky
    http://info.detnews.com/autosinsider/sneakpeek/index.cfm?id=24063

With a 362 hp. base LS-2 V8 on tap this car will be a powerful ELLPS alternative. The leakers say a 502 hp alternative is in the works. :)

Rocky
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Rocky, we can probably increase participation here if we set some categories. We can choose up to nine, so pick nine vehicles you want to focus on and I'll set them. I think that will get more folks' attention.
    9-Vehicals to talk about ? I appreciate the offer.

Ummmmmmmmm..........

Well a couple off the top of my head is the 2009' Cadillac CTS-V, 2008' Mitsubishi Lancer EVO-X,
    2008' BMW M3, Acura TL Type-S and/or the new 09' SH-AWD TL, Audi S4 & S6, Mercedes C63 AMG model, Volvo S60R, Lincoln is suppose to come out with a SVT tuned MKZ in a couple of years. I also don't mind Chrysler's SRT sedans to be allowed either. If you can think of any more that kind of goes with the flow feel free to add them. ;) I would like to keep the focus on "factory tuned" cars like Cadillac's "V" that is tuned by "GMPD" or Mercedes AMG division. Of course BMW's "M". The talking points I'd like to be focused towards performance, luxury, features/gadgets, quality, value or as they say "bang for buck". A little back n' forth about which car is better wouldn't hurt as long as personal attacks are left on the side walk. ;)

If you can come up with a "factory tuner" type title that's catchy that might help participation that would be great. :)

Thanx, Pat....... :shades:

Rocky
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/01/08/mitsubishi-prototype-x-breaks-cover/

Rocky

P.S. Perhaps "readerreader" has found better..... :blush:
    Well, your "couple off the top of [your] head" turned into more than nine!! :D I went with the first nine you listed but there isn't a C63 AMG. Did you mean C36 AMG, which I chose, or did you mean CLS63 AMG?
    C36 AMG. Well the MB C-class article talked about a C63 AMG

Later this year will come the AMG-tuned, V8-powered C63, and a wagon version is also not far behind.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=119252

Well you put it togeather the way you think it makes since. I was just naming vehicals off.....I do want the CTS-V and EVO-X to be in there.

Rocky

P.S. Leave out the S6 and include the S4, S60R ;)
    Shoot me a e-mail with the title please when available. I'm going to get off for a few hours.

Thanx,

Rocky
    I was just setting the categories. Look at the top of the page where it says "What is this discussion about?" to see what I mean. If you want it renamed, let me know what you want to call it and I'll take care of it.
    "Performance oriented factory tuner sedans" or
    "Current and Future-performance oriented sedans"

What do you think ? "Performance oriented factory tuner sedans" is my pick. I'd be just as happy with the other one. I need a second opinion. ;)

I want a title that is relavent 10 years from now but is catchy. I suppose we could change the title and give the one above a try. The current forum title is so much like the ELLPS and LPS forums.

I do appreciate your particpation on making this forum better and more interesting. :)

Thanx,

Rocky
    Okey-doke! :)

Double-check the categories and make sure they are what you want. You can look at the choices by looking at the Browse by Vehicle search on the left. Anything listed there can be a category, anything not listed there cannot. That's why, for example, I couldn't put Acura TL-S there, only Acura TL.
    Pat,

It looks great....

Thanx,

Rocky
    Cadillac CTS-V, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution, BMW M3, Acura TL Type-S, Audi S4, Audi S6, Mercedes-Benz C36 AMG, Volvo S60 R, Lincoln MKZ(09' SVT turbo), Sedans.

Who/what is the best and why ?????

Rocky
  • dhamiltondhamilton Posts: 873
    Has a steering wheel the size of a school bus. But yeah, it's a sports sedan.

Congratulations on getting your forum up and running Rocky.
    You've got quite a list of cars going.

I'll be back after a visit to my therapist. But seriously,

I am impressed with the new Lancer stylisticly. It seems as though they are really trying hard to be competitive with the luxury amenities. [although maybe it's more electronic trickery for us mericans]

To be sure, the performance part will be in place when the EVO comes to market.

Uh, can we add the new Audi R8 to thread, and maybe take out the S60R since it doesn't sell to hot?
    I thought the R8 was a coupe ???? If not then okay :confuse:

Dan, I don't care what y'all want to talk about but would like this forum to focus on "factory tuned" performance.

I guess I'd let "PAT" make the judgement if he thinks adding coupes would be a good idea from a particpation level ?????

I just wanted a place where we can talk about "factory tuned" cars and I honestly don't care if it's sedans, coupes, convertibles, as long as the subject is "factory tuned" both current and near future. ;)

I like the new EVO-X as I've said many times. It is a factory tuned car. The Audi R8 I don't know about at all. I do know about the RS4, S6, S8. ;) So explain to me what the heck is a Audi R8 ????? Is it a high performance "factory tuned" Audi A8 ???? :surprise:

Rocky
    Lincoln MKZ and Acura TL are factory tuners?

What in the world...
    2008 Audi R8 Compact Coupe, supposed to be available this summer.

I wouldn't exclude it because it's not a sedan, but it's up to you. There's only one discussion on it right now, and that's in Future Vehicles.
    He means the TL-S, but there's not a separate category for it.
    Got it.

But what about the MKZ? Is that a factory tuned sedan? If so, what is the base model?
  • The BMW M3 is NOT a sedan.

Please add the Subaru Impreza WRX STI and the Chrsyler 300C STR8.

I also agree that the MKZ doesn't belong here. It's a luxury sedan. It's in the same league as the Lexus ES350. It just has AWD.

If we're going to include the Audi S6, then we can include the Audi RS4, the BMW M5, the Mercedes E55 AMG, the Jaguar S-Type R and the Cadillac STS-V. Please add the above or state any objections as to why they shouldn't be included.
    ...and when the Lexus IS-F comes out later this year don't forget to include that too.
  • dhamiltondhamilton Posts: 873
    I suggest the Pagoni Zonda, and the Panoz Esperanza. "Factory tuned and all?

As well the GT500 Cobra, and the Z06 Vette.

Let's just see if we can't "tear the roof off this mother" and talk about all things related to the English language.

Can we add a place to post recipes? My Pot roast is to die for.
    dhamilton, I would love to have the recipe of your pot roast...

I would add to the list of the following models:

Honda Civic Si
    Mitsubishi Gallant Raliart
    Audi S8
    All Chevy's SS models
    All Dodge's SRT models
    Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
    Mazda Mazdaspeed 6
    All MB's AMG sedans
    We are limited to 9 categories. Rocky started this discussion, so his call what's in those categories.

That's not to say other vehicles can't be included, they just won't be listed at the top. And that's unfortunate, because what it means is if someone searches on a vehicle not listed at the top, this discussion will not turn up. :(
    I know pat, was just think out loud. However, to have MKZ included in this prestigious list of cars still puzzles me though.