Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Performance Oriented Factory Tuner Automobiles

Comments

• rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    The CTS-V starts at $51,971 if you delete the sunroof and XM.

Click the sunroof, XM, shock absorbers and you are at $54,630. You can also get run flats at a additional $550 and if you like you can switch out by request for Goodyear F-1's. The engine block heaer is the only other option at $100. So at a $54K MSRP not counting the discount and/or rebate one can get at the time. Bottom-line you can get a very competitive BMW M car at a fully loaded BMW 335i price. ;)

Rocky
  • louiswei, I've presented my facts,where are yours ? You insinuate hp has no basis ?! Is torque the real key to happiness with these cars ? OK show a comparison chart with the torque and luxury vs.price each car gives. Obviously torque is important to you and a factor not yet presented. Yes I have compared interiors fit and finish. I felt getting the interior pics posted would help prove the point,they say a 1000 words each,and I felt it was important enough to present to others since I saw it first hand, touched it, drove it, along with the others. Present your case, I'm all ears (eyes in this case). I think these forums help educate people including myself. Most prospective buyers may want the best buy for their money. I will make it easy for you, maybe you can show that a bit more money paid leverages a quality (torque and maybe something else?) not seen in the MKZ perhaps ???? My point is get your best bang for your buck (luxury,performance,options given,price considered equally) trumps overpriced sedans with similar qualities. I will be test driving all these cars again with this discussion in mind, I was not that impressed on my initial test drive considering the price tag of the others. Help me (us) understand your point. One day in the near future I will be buying one of these cars, so far I am leaning towards the . I like the design interior and exterior, plus the feel you get walking up to it, driving it, the power and handling was nice. Ford has done a great job with this car.
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    I am done with the MKZ discussion. All I can say is that good for you that you like the MKZ but it just simply not good enough for me or some of us in this case.

If I want the best bang for the buck I'll go for the TL and G35. However, I choose to spend the extra $5K for the smooth V6 and class-leading interior fit and finish.

Have a great day.
  • class leading fit and finish
    Still havent test ridden a MKZ yet I see. Too bad for you.

Here is my assessment of the test ride for:

Lincoln MKZ-midsize V6 Lincoln $35K MSRP fully loaded with all options,sales are good right now for this model, stiff steering, solid car,no noise, it does lack sportyness compared to a TL-S but is still luxurious for most people not biased. I can get a 2007 MKZ for approx.$33K due a employee discount, my friend works there.

Acura TL-S-midsize V6 $38K fully loaded-this car is a beast-great car, definately has luxurious interior,loved the comfortable seats, and the ride is excellent although it wobbled up and down when driving fast-salesman said it was delivered just off the truck and the mechanics had to adjust the wheels or something. Salesman also said he would give free oil changes for 4 years and free tires for life. Wow, I wonder what the maintenance costs are after 4 years. Dashboard lit up like a christmas tree with red and blue LED lighting, nice touch. Definately beats out the MKZ in terms of performance and luxury and a modern look. I bargained for a 2006 fully loaded for $33K. I will test drive this one again and try to convince myself buying Japanese does not hurt US workers or economy (8 plants closed, 30000 workers laid off this year alone). It amazes me that other US automakers have not caught on to this segment of car and produced something that can compete at its price range.

By the way the Sebring will have a retractible hard top late in 2007. Chrysler is trying hard but the Sebring looks middle of the road. They should adopt the Sema Sebring hood and other refinements.

Also liked the VW Eos 3.2L 250hp.$37-38K, good on gas mileage 22/32mpg, nice luxurious seating, little room in back seats for passengers, car looks beautiful,dash looks plain but still comes with a good stereo and Nav., and a retractible hardtop, nice. I also heard VW's in general need a lot of maintenance and costs are high.

I will now go and test out a G35 and a Cadillac CTS,plus the Lexus IS 350, and the Buick Lacross CXS 2006 250hp $26K again, just to compare.

Cheers

Flash 11
  • Just a quick announcement, Rocky have you seen the new Tesla Roadster ?? Electric/hybrid (it does use gas), 0-60 in 4 seconds, $100K for now, only 100 cars made, all sold out, featured in this months GQ mag. Wanna see more goto www.teslamotors.com
    Apologies that is is off topic but thought I should mention it. Sweet car !, wonder if they will have a similar affordable sporty sedan ??

Flash 11
    The Tesla I agree is a sweet car. I think people that question the fit and finish of the MKZ, need to test drive one. louiswei, mentions the Acura TL, which as a former owner I agree is a nice car but so is the MKZ. If I had to choose between the two in 2007' I'd go MKZ. Well both are FWD, and both only have automatics. I know the Type-S has a manual tranny but the MKZ vs. base TL, is a no brainer IMHO. The MKZ, has a nice navi unit, AC-seats, and better stereo system. It also has a bit more power and does have AWD as a option. The TL, can out corner the MKZ, but the TL doesn't ride quite as well. So it boils down to preference of course and the MKZ, does a great job of giving the consumer a very nice modern looking car at a good MSRP and should be respected among the automotive world. ;)

Rocky
    Does anyone have any spy pics, or any confirmed info/rumors on this car yet ?

Rocky
    Do you guys think the Mitsubishi EVO X will have enough luxury to be in the performance oriented entry-lux segment ? if it does happen to move up market into this segment it will kick everybody's butt at least in performance. ;)

Rocky
    The next Cadillac CTS-V will receive the same engine as the Corvette SS using a supercharger to achieve those loft numbers. :surprise:

Rocky
    I have no clue about a future MazdaSpeed 6. Just the one for sale as 2006 and 2007 models. MazdaSpeed was expected to only makes one model at a time for 1 or 2 years. Model year 2007 sees the introduction of the MazdaSpeed 3 in the last half of 2006. The Speed 6 is a leftover hanger-on.

Well unless Mazda really improves the "gadget" contenet it will never be a ELLPS canidate according to the ELLPS forum. I personally like the Mazdaspeed6 and requested further information on them about a year an a half ago. I think it's about 40 horsepower shy to run with the big dogs and Mazda needs to improve the materials on the interior to make it a hot seller in performance-oriented segment. However if you want a AWD family sports sedan it's worth considering. I think the segment is flooded with so many great choices the Mazda often gets over-looked. :(

Rocky
    So are you impressed with the new EVO-X ????

If so/not what are your likes and dislikes about the car ????

Rocky
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    Rocky, I was never into cars like the EVO and Impreza. I know those are fun to drive but they don't offer enough luxury for my taste.

In luxury I am not only looking for leather seats, fake wood trims and gadgets (I can settle for Camry or Accord if I am satisfy with those). The most important criteria for me is the interior fit-'n-finish, material quality and overall appearance. To me the EVO do offer enough performance but not enough luxury to be an ELLPS.

Also, I am working in a fairly conservative environment so to drive a riced up car like the EVO will get me too much unnecessary attention.
    I guess some of the people I know love to have a trademerk. The new EVO-X is so impressive everything about it's is a trademark because out of all the cars they will release in the autoshows. EVO-X will have the "shock factor" and respect of being performance icon. The EVO-X will impressed :)

Rocky
    What do y'all think about that new Mercedes C class ????

I personally like it a lot. The manual is going to be available still right ?????

Rocky
    http://info.detnews.com/autosinsider/sneakpeek/index.cfm?id=24063

With a 362 hp. base LS-2 V8 on tap this car will be a powerful ELLPS alternative. The leakers say a 502 hp alternative is in the works. :)

Rocky
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Rocky, we can probably increase participation here if we set some categories. We can choose up to nine, so pick nine vehicles you want to focus on and I'll set them. I think that will get more folks' attention.
    9-Vehicals to talk about ? I appreciate the offer.

Ummmmmmmmm..........

Well a couple off the top of my head is the 2009' Cadillac CTS-V, 2008' Mitsubishi Lancer EVO-X,
    2008' BMW M3, Acura TL Type-S and/or the new 09' SH-AWD TL, Audi S4 & S6, Mercedes C63 AMG model, Volvo S60R, Lincoln is suppose to come out with a SVT tuned MKZ in a couple of years. I also don't mind Chrysler's SRT sedans to be allowed either. If you can think of any more that kind of goes with the flow feel free to add them. ;) I would like to keep the focus on "factory tuned" cars like Cadillac's "V" that is tuned by "GMPD" or Mercedes AMG division. Of course BMW's "M". The talking points I'd like to be focused towards performance, luxury, features/gadgets, quality, value or as they say "bang for buck". A little back n' forth about which car is better wouldn't hurt as long as personal attacks are left on the side walk. ;)

If you can come up with a "factory tuner" type title that's catchy that might help participation that would be great. :)

Thanx, Pat....... :shades:

Rocky
    http://www.leftlanenews.com/2007/01/08/mitsubishi-prototype-x-breaks-cover/

Rocky

P.S. Perhaps "readerreader" has found better..... :blush: