Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Performance Oriented Factory Tuner Automobiles

Comments

• ggesqggesq Posts: 701
    1st- E63
    2nd- S6
    3rd- M5
  • rockyleerockylee Posts: 14,011
    I gave the IS-F to much credit as it's only going to have 390 hp. vs 490.

Regardless it will be a great BMW 335i beater but I predict the M3 to walk all over it. I really would like to see a 08' M3 Sedan photo's. :)

Rocky
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    "only" 390 hp? :P :shades:
    Pat, have you seen any pics of the M3 sedan or heard anything about prices. I bet this new one pushes $60K or more. :surprise: I will admit I'm a BMW M3 fan but boy they sure have gotten very expensive. :surprise:

I'd love to see pics of the new M3, especially the sedan.

Rocky

P.S. 390 hp. is a Lexus isn't the same as 390-400 in a BMW. You know that as well. 0-60 times with 400 hp M3 is likely low 4's. My buddy's 240 hp M3 Sedan would do it in 5.4-5.6 range and add another 160 hp with new engine technology you can easily take a second to almost a second and half off that. ;)
  • Rocky
    I think if you go to German car fan, and then click BMW, they have some photos, and artist renderings
    Dan, all I got under punching in German Car Fan in the search window was the World Cars site. It didn't have any 08' M3 sedan pics. They are predicting the 08' M3 to be around $55K so I figure in the $60's if you get options like Navigation, unless it comes standard ?

Here's a good pic.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article.asp?section_id=34&article_id=3765

Rocky
  • I ordered the IS-F. I have the IS350 right now, I traded in a 1999 M3 Convertible for that.

The M3 handled much better than the IS350, though I'm hoping the IS-F will handle better than my old M3. I agree, the new M3 will be faster and handle better than the IS-F, but I'm going to have a hell of a great time with it.

If it wasn't for the damn I-drive, and the fact the M3 would probably cost 20k more (fully loaded) I would LOVE to get it.

Dave
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    About the iDrive, have you experienced it? I haven't, but from what I consistently read in discussions and consumer reviews, nearly everyone reports that it's not at all as difficult as some would have us believe. Like I said, no personal experience here - just wondering about your perspective.
  • I have. My mother has a 530 w/ i-drive. It's ok to use, I suppose.... but nowhere near as easy as my Lexus touchscreen.
  • 400+, I doubt more than 420
  • I agree 100%. A BMW with similar rated HP will always be faster than a Lexus. I suspect that's because BMW understates their HP.

BMW's are fantastic... I've had 2. I'll still take the Lexus, only because it's almost as good handling-wise, but comfortwise it wins... at least from a HP/Price/features perspective, and of course in my opinion, FWIW, probably not much.
    It is set at 390 hp.

Rocky
    That could be true also.... ;)

Rocky
  • hausshauss Posts: 169
    What's the difference between the two? I'm too lazy to look into it on Audi's website. :P
  • louisweilouiswei Posts: 3,717
    Audi S4 to A4 is like the TL-S to TL.
    Audi RS4 to A4 is like the M3 to 3-series.

Does that make any sense?
  • hausshauss Posts: 169
    It sure does. Thanks for the clarification.
  • aviboy97aviboy97 Posts: 3,159
    I ordered the IS-F.

How did you order it yet? There is no ETA or pricing yet??
  • tdb99tdb99 Posts: 5
    Just wondering if anyone out there owns a new s6...I am close to purchasing one, wanting to hear some feedback from others. Is it worth the extra 20k or so from the A6 4.2 s-line ? (realizing that yes, they are different vehicles)...thanks! :)
    The Genesis, is getting Hyundai's first V8 called the TAU, and some are saying the company is looking at forced induction systems, etc. A Twin-Turbo system has been mentioned creating around 500 hp. So it is something that should be talked about as Hyundai, keeps progressing forward. ;)

Rocky
  • motownusamotownusa Posts: 836
    It is set at 390 hp.

Where did you hear that ? Most publication I have read said anywhere between 400 to 450 Hp. Considering that the smaller engine in the Lexus LS460 produce 380 hp, the 5.0 liter engine in the IS-F could easily produce 450 hp without much of a sweat.