Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Venture Electrical Problems

Comments

• rlp50rlp50 Posts: 13
    I have a 2000 Venture that had the same problem. GM claims it has to do with moisture getting into the contacts causing an increase in resistance thus causing overheating (to the point it sometimes melts the plastic on the bulb). They suggest using Dielectric grease on the contacts which is a good idea. Mine was always dry so not sure about their theory. I finally changed to a Philips bulb as it seems to have a better plastic base for the bulb (same number - 3057) and stands up to the heat better. The base is clear and must be a better grade of plastic than the stock black ones. Anyway, that plus the grease seems to have done the trick for me. I have also heard that if you keep the brakes on for a long time it also causes the bulbs to overheat. However, it has only ever occurred on the driver's side. Bottom line is it's a crappy design and they should go back to the old bulbs with the base contacts. Oh well, progress and technology, what a mix. Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    RP
  • My 2000 Chevy Venture's signals won't work. Checked the fuse, that's okay. The four way flashers work. The bulbs are fine. The in-line flasher works. Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong?
  • bluevanbluevan Posts: 1
    Have a 2000 Venture van. The turn left signal socket is bad and I want to replace it. Tried to find a NAPA # seems they don't have one. Am I stuck at purchasing one thru the dealer?
  • warpath1warpath1 Posts: 6
    It took me a few calls to the junk yards. I found the whole light unit with connectors for 1/2 the price of what a connector costs at a dealer. good luck!
  • boormomboormom Posts: 1
    :confuse: Hey!! This is my first time here, so if this sounds weird I apologize!! My air isn't working...when this took place I'm losing all power to the dash lights & my overhead that tells outside temp & mileage ...so forth. These lights are coming & going & we can't find the problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!
  • zbug79zbug79 Posts: 1
    VAN BLOWS FUSE WHEN PUT IN REVERSE. CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THIS FUSE IS FOR? DON'T HAVE AN OWNERS MANUAL. THANKS.
  • philb2philb2 Posts: 1
    Have you gotten this problem resolved???

I have the same problem with my 01 Venture. I have checked the fan motors replaced the relays, checked the temp sensor, still the 1&2 cool fans dont work and the a/c compressor wont come on. If I figure this out I will let you know.
  • godstergodster Posts: 3
    2001 venture, I love this truck, although it has few minor problrms, like any other vehicule i've ever owned, this is so far my favourite one to drive...I have a flickering light issue, all my lights flicker, all the time, inside and out. fuel guage is acting up, and sometimes some wierd stuff explainably happens.

Any thoughts?
  • mudman1mudman1 Posts: 7
    I just purchased a 2001 Venture for a very good price.It needed a few repairs I was able to do myself.
    The Airbag warning light remains on after I start it up.
    Also my temp gauge stops working sometimes.
    It will start out working fine and after driving for about 10 miles or so it just goes down to "C" and stays there. I have an after market scan tool so I am able to see the actual temp of the coolant. I drove to work and the gauge stopped working on the way. When I returned home, both fans were running and the scan tool indicated the temp was 167 degrees. I found this strange because I had just driven 70 miles on the freeway.The intake gasket and the thermostat was just replaced the cooling system just flushed (3) times. I Did not use "Dexcool". A very good GM mechanic of mine which I trust with all of my cars (22 years GM Exp. with heavy repair) says that "Dexcool" crystalizes and plugs the cooling system. (You can see for yourself when you remove the cap on the radiator and overflow bottle.)I am wondering if there is something I can check to fix these problems. TIA
  • hi my name is john from nc my wife has the same problem, with her 2000 chevy venture ,,,,,now her battery when dead any way to fix this please let me know thank u bye
  • poliahjpoliahj Posts: 1
    I have a 1994 lumina mini van It starts run for a while then stalls and will not start for a long time after. I changed the Crank sensor,cam sensor,Whole throttle body,and it still does the same thing please help?
  • tech47tech47 Posts: 1
    flickering light bad ground on voltage regulator take screw out of back of alternator 1 ft 10 gauge wire whith eyelets on each end run wire from screw to alternator mounting bolt on front 15mm socket that will solve flickering lights hope this helps only takes 20 mins
  • scott78scott78 Posts: 3
    HI
    2002 Venture Van 3.4
    Runs perfectly but occasionally lites come on and go away soon after.
    Any thoughts?
  • cmdavis1cmdavis1 Posts: 2
    I need som help. The blower motor in my 2000 chevy venture will not shut off unless I pull the breaker fuse in the fuse box. I have replaced the breaker switch and don't know where to go from here. And suggestions would be a great help.

thanks
  • awarbleawarble Posts: 2
    For as long as i have had my venture I can say the only problem i have had with it is the headlight. They are not that bright at night. I've tried adjusting and still the headlight really stink. Anybody have the same problem and or have a solution?

Thanks,

Adam
    Lagrange, IN
  • I have a 97 venture with two electrical problems.
    The 1st to appear was the door locks would unlock themselves repeatedly while driving or parked. Checked door locks and BCM (body control module)No luck.

The 2nd problem started a few weeks later. There is a sensor below the windshield that brightens the radio display in daylight and dims it at night. Now the radio is normal in daylight unlit at night.

I have heard mention of some troublesome connections/splices in the venture wiring under the carpet. Could this be the problem?
  • maecmaec Posts: 1
    MY AIRBAG LIGHT WAS ALSO STAYING ON ,I HAPPENED TO START ADJUSTING MY DRIVERS SEAT AND NOTICED THE LIGHT WOULD GO OUT , SO I TRIED IT AGAIN &AGAIN AND EACH TIME IT WOULD GO OUT AND ON. SO WHEN I BOUGHT IT TO THE DEALER I TOLD HIM ABOUT MOVING THE SEAT BACK AND FORTH THAT IT HAD SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE AIRBAG LIGHT. WHEN THEY CHECKED THEY FOUND THAT UNDER THE SEAT THE WIRE WAS DICONNECTING .NO CHARGE ON THAT . BUT MY GAS GAUGE DOSEN'T WORK . THEY MENTIONED A NEEDED FUEL PUMP .(875.00)
  • I have a 1999 Venture. When the headlights are on every once in a while the instrument panel lights go off and when they do the tailights also go off. Also, the fuel gauge doesnt work and the passenger side power mirror moves by itself! ANY SUGGESTION? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!
  • I have a 1999 chevy venture. The bell(dinger) that alerts you that the keys are in the ignition or the headlights are on keeps going off for no apparent reason, in fact it gets faster when I take the keys out of the ignition! ANY CLUE?