Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Full-size pickup sales - F-150 best selling truck, but for how much longer?

1212223242527»

Comments

• Well the F150 and F250 and F350 are different classes of vehicle. Then you'd have to include the Silverado 1/2 tons and 3/4 tons. Ford just wasn't creative about it's naming. The F150 and F250 are just differences in it's tonage. Most people do fine with the 1/2 tone, so that is a completely different discussion
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,004
    A reporter would like to speak to someone who recently bought a used large truck or large SUV. If you have purchased a used large truck or SUV in the past 6 months, and you are willing to discuss your decision with a reporter, please email PR@edmunds.com no later than 1 p.m. Pacific/ 4 p.m. Eastern Wednesday, April 18, 2012 with your daytime contact information.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• faroutfarout Posts: 1,609
    Has anyone bought a V 6 eco boost? What kind og mpg do you get and what is you + & - of the truck. With the RAM 1500 V6 I an considering both. Any help would sure be a help,
  • funny is how we all do not realize..yes the F-150 outsells the Chevy Silverado but if you add in the GMC sierra sales you will see GM actually sells more trucks..not that this means much, it's a personal preferance between the two.
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    but if you add in the GMC sierra sales you will see GM actually sells more trucks

Not in 2012...

Ford F-Series = 645,316
    Chevy Silverado = 418,312
    Ram Pickup = 293,363
    GMC Sierra = 157,185

Silverado + Sierra = 575,497 -- well behind Ford.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host

Need help navigating? kcram@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• That's very true and my preference has always been GMC Trucks and General Motors small block and big block V-8's. They are easy to work on and the parts are almost always cheaper than fords. The older Fords parts from year to year in many instances are hardly ever interchangable like the small block GM motors. Thats a real pain in dealing with Ford engines!
  • Thanks Kcram for putting up some real sales results for 2012. I love how the hatters on this forum just throw phrases out there like "if you add Chevy and GM trucks sales together they would blow Ford away. Well no they don't and I know you are going to say well who cares? We don't care. It all comes down to this, when you are pulling your 2 horse trailer up a big hill on the highway and a Ford Superduty flies by you pulling an 4 horse trailer with living quarters then you know why we love our Fords. :P
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,004
    A reporter would like to speak to a loyal F-150 owner who is considering replacing his old truck. If you have owned F-150s, think it may be time to replace your aging truck and would like to share your story, please send your daytime contact info to PR@edmunds.com no later than Friday, Jan 18, 2013 at 8 a.m. PT/11 a.m. ET.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Posts: 10,824
    but wait, there's more!
    The same reporter would also like to speak to a loyal Chevy Silverado or Ram owner who is shopping for a new truck. If you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact to pr@edmunds.com no later than noon PT/3 p.m. ET on Friday, 1/18/13.

Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• I think:

1. Who cares? All three trucks are virtually the same. Just as a Wendy's, McDonalds and Burger King burger are virtually the same. Five years from now, they will all have the same features, operating costs and dependability between them. The diff is in the badge.

2. I just did a search for new F150s at my local large Ford dealer's web site. 164 new F150s came up in inventory. 4 of them were priced at twenty-nine thousand and change. 160 of them were priced at OVER THIRTY THOUSAND DOLLARS. For a 1/2 ton PICKUP TRUCK. That is INSANE, is what I think.