Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kia Rondo Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• larrytbmlarrytbm Posts: 10
    After buying the M3, Vibe or Matrix, another $13k will buy a Smart Car so that a total of 7 people can be transported. The Rondo 3rd row is both suprisingly comfortable and ez to use compared to the RAV4, Outlander or even larger 7 pass. vehicles. We have used ours with good results. Or for cargo, the Rondo can carry more than any of the others mentioned. There is nothing good about buying a vehicle at a good price that doesn't meet the buyers needs.
  • trdsddtrdsdd Posts: 14
    Thanks for the reply. We had tried a number of vehicles out and based on our current family needs it came down to the M5 and the Rondo. We needed a usable 3'rd row seat and did not want a large vehicle. My wife and I both preferred the Rondo. We like the driving position better, the ability to have our right foot in a comfortable position, and the general feel of the Rondo better than the M5. The other pluses were the Rondo had heated mirrors, traction and stability control. For almost 2 weeks I had hunted around and searched websites/contacted dealers within about a 5 hour radius for the best deal on an 08 or 09 Rondo. The best I could find on an 09 LX or EX was 2550 below MSRP. We picked up our Urban Gray / Gray 08 EX V6 with 3’rd row and cross bars on Saturday. At 7500 off MSRP I think we did pretty well. I really do not worry about depreciation, since we keep our cars a long time. The Rondo is a replacement for my 82,000 mile 98 Dodge Avenger ES that was in an accident 2 weeks ago. That's why I moved faster than I normally do on buying a vehicle. Anyway, we were planning on replacing it in August - October, but we ended up doing it sooner. It’s so much easier to get a 2 yr old in and out of our new Rondo.

D2
  • fuelmizer1fuelmizer1 Posts: 2
    Hey all just bought a 2008 LX V6 from a Honda dealership in So Cal. The vehicle was a prior rental with 16,500 mi. Exceptionally clean. $12,200 Other than the ac compressor/oil pump knocking issue, no problems to report after 5 days. lol
  • tourist1292tourist1292 Posts: 31
    I can only get one at $5400 below MSRP on a 08 Rondo EX V6 Premium with leather option. It is the last one in my area that came with the last shipment of 2010 Soul. There was one I got quoted in March for a few hundreds less but the moon roof was aftermarket installed and I was hesitated. I am paying about last week's Truecar average cost which is around $3000 less than the overall average. Anyway, it is still over $3000 less than the 2009 model and there is no 09 EX available in my area yet. I am going to pick it up tonight.
  • kasikinkasikin Posts: 14
    Tourist,

That is about what I paid for my the same version of the car a month and a half ago. They gave me a little more than I thought they would on my trade in, but I still didn't get as great a deal as a number of others on these forums have.

That said, I'm extremely happy with what I got for what I paid. I had to have 3 rows, I wanted leather, I enjoy the upgraded stereo, the sun roof, I'm using the cross bars.....I paid less for this car than any of the previous 3 cars my husband and I have bought over the last 13 years and in many ways, I like it the best of all of them.
    It seems we got exactly the same options. Do you have rear bumper guard too? It definitely has a lot more features and power than my previous car bought 13 years ago while it costs only 10% more. Mine is silver/black, what color is yours?
    Hi Tourist -

Where are you located? I picked mine up in Glenns Falls. They are out of 08's right now. Anyway, a friend of mine is now looking for one too. He searched the web and told me today that Shorkey Kia outside of Pittsburgh has over 100 2008's listed as in stock. I'm not sure if he is serious about buying one, but if you are near there it might be worth it to give them a call.

peace
    D2
    Hi D2,
    I am in SE Michigan. There is actually another one available besides mine, but that has been in the show room for quite some time and has been test driven a lot. There must be a reason why it is still there. While the one I got was shipped just a few weeks ago. I will be surprised if there are that many left in Pittsburgh. There were only 3 EX left with the config I want in the whole Michigan state a couple months ago. Anyway, thank you very much for your info.
    Yes I have the rear bumper guard too - I also have an upper spoiler, but not the lower. This was the only 3 row 2008 left at the 3 dealers in my area and I took it as it came. It is black cherry on the outside with grey interior. I feel lucky to have found this particular version of the car. In addition to having all of the options I wanted, it is extremely quiet and does not pull or drift!!
    HI tourist1292 and kasikin,

How do you like the rear bumper guard? I have not seen one on a rondo in person. I have seen similar ones on other kia models and they seem to be plastic. Is the rondo's rubber or plastic? Yeah, I also thought there was no way that that pittsburgh area dealer had soo many 2008's in stock. I checked their website and they do have 75 listed as in stock. So hopefully it is accurate and he can get a great deal if he gets off the fence about buying one.

Mine is also extremely quiet and no drift. : )

Have a great weekend and enjoy the new rides.

D2
    Well, I just picked up the car less than 24hr ago, but I do recommend that bumper guard. It looks rubber to me but I may be wrong. I'll have to check it out at home tonight. I had a Saturn wagon before that (just sold today) and I always had concern in scratching the bumper. It is $55-$65 as an option but over $72 after market. Some other accessories (e.g. cargo tray) can be cheaper after market. I just ordered mud guards and a few other things on the web.
    I found mine to be quiet and no drift too. I am very pleased with the purchase so far. It is indeed a great value to get one over $3800 below invoice although mine is not the cheapest. Considering the regular price of Kia to be a value choice, the after incentive price is really insane.
    Just checked. the bumper guard is plastic not rubber.
    Tourist1292 -

Conrats on the new Rondo. : ) I've had mine a week and love it. Thanks for the information on the bumper guard. I think I am going to order one on-line. We have a 28 month old son that I'm sure will want to use the bumper as a step real soon.

peace
    D2
    The cargo tray is useful too and it is only ~$55. The place I ordered from charged $8 handling per order while shipping is free. You may want to get both at the same time.
    I like the bumper guard as well and think it looks high quality, even though plastic. I'm interested in hearing about the cargo tray. I went with rubber mats from Kmart for the cargo area, about $10 a piece. They don't completely cover the cargo area but each one covers a folded down seatback. I was concerned if I had the cargo tray in place and somehow ended up needing to use one or both of the third row seats, I wouldn't really have a place to put it. The mats fold up and fit easily behind the third row.

Let me know tourist after you get the cargo tray if it is easy to store in the car with the third row up. I'd love to have one.
  • garnermikegarnermike Posts: 72
    I've had the cargo tray since owning the car 1.5 years ago. I rarely use the rear seats, so I like the tray because of its fit and look. No question it protects the rear floor very well. But I never found a place to stow it when the rear seats had to be used.

I also have had the bumper guard a while. It is vinyl. It is also absolutely necessary if you are hauling things and care about the exterior condition of your Rondo. That ledge will get nicked/scratched/dinged over time w/o the guard. Even if you personally are careful, you'll have lots of riders or helpers unloading who won't be.
    Thanks for the reply, that's what I suspected. I often end up with stray kids :surprise: in my vehicle so it probably won't work for me.
    Hi Kaskin -

My wife wants to make a cargo type mat for the Rondo. She is currently using the one she made 5 yrs ago for her Element. She bought a 4 pack of those puzzle piece type floor mats at Big Lots for about $10. They look like these link title . They currently lay flat in the back in a double level. If we need to haul anything big, we lift the second row seats and lay a level of mats down. I'm not sure if it would work for the rondo because the space behind the third row is so narrow and we may end up with 4 levels of mats back there when the 3rd row is in use.

peace
    D2
    Hi -

Many thanks to everyone for the replies and reviews on the rear bumper protector. I'm going to be ordering one this weekend along with the mud guards.

have a great day/weekend
    D2
    I got the mud guards too. The price range is big though. I got them for $17.xx per pair.