Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford Escape Transmission Problems

1234568»

Comments

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,576
    Am thinking of buying one in the morning. Should I be worried here??? Should I go through with this purchase or just hold off here? It is slightly used, 1830 miles, so almost like new. Love it and the color but just not sure as have heard horror stories about Fords. Not sure if I could actually live with one but I really really like it...a lot! So folks, yes or no!!!
    Sorry for the short notice here.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,576

Drove two different Escape SE's this week and one was great while the other was lousy. Think both had the larger 2.5 engine but the first was super loud and the second was pretty quiet though both had substantial road noise at speed...those mirrors are probably to blame, not too aerodynamic at all. The 2nd felt much more comfortable but it did have the nicer leather seats...come to think of it, the 2nd one could've been an SEL model to be honest with ya. Still glad I didn't buy the SE with the 1.6 turbo engine last month...nice enough vehicle but a bit too large for me and hated the engine and after reading the consumer reviews, was very glad. They did try to get me to come back though, mighty hard, but I had already bought my current vehicle by that time. I don't buy often and take my prep time but when I am ready to pull the trigger...I am ready! And I usually only give ya one try to get me to open my wallet so any sales person needs to do an outstanding job or I just walk. And it's always nice to be in the position where one doesn't really have to buy at that moment...and that's the point I was at, if it happened...great and if not...great also! Best way to purchase after one has done their due diligence and gathered all their information. We all should make an informed decision since these kind of large purchases are kept for awhile...usually. For some silly reason though, my wife thinks my new 2014 Tuscon will be gone within a short number of years for some reason. I love it so far except the low gas mileage but this should improve with more miles on the clock...hopefully!

_The Sandman :) B) _

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

1234568»