Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ford F-Series Stalling and No Start Problems

124»

Comments

• My 2002 F-250 Diesel 7.3 turbo stalls while driving after about 10 minutes. I wait a few hours, it starts again but after ten min, it stalls again. I had the Cam sensor replaced and it still stalled on the way home from the mechanic. Please help. They gave me two codes it spit out but couldn't tell me for sure which one it would be. P0605, P0340, I don't have thousands of dollars to put out on things it could be. The tach does not move when I try to restart it either. They did tell me the oil pan was leaking, front crank seal and the gasket on the high pressure pump is leaking and the water pump is starting to leak which I will fix. It has 200,000 miles on it so I know things are bound to happen but I just can't figure this one out. Any suggestions?
  • I'm having the same issue. Did you figure out what the problem was?
  • I have a friend that has a 97 F350 with a 460 that he can drive for close to 100 miles straight and it dies. He can have it towed or let it sit for a few hours and it will start back. He has taken it to mechanic but everything seems to be fine until u drive it 100 miles straight. plugs, wires, cap and button have been replaced. we tested the ignition control module and it was fine. He was told possible fuel pump problem, but in my 6 years of selling parts I have not heard of a fuel pump shutting down after 100 miles and then start working again after a few hours. Anyone had this happen or know of anyone who has or have any ideas as to what it could be? I'm kinda leaning toward possible computer problem but I'm no mechanic just parts guy.
124»