Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Grand Cherokee Transmission Problems

1474849505153»

Comments

• Hi, It sounds like you are on the right track. Most Jeep problems end up being traced back to a computer module. You have been told correctly that your PCM will need to be programmed for your specific car but, the good news is the programming is completed by the parts supplier. All you need to do is provide them with your VIN number and they will program your PCM for you, all you have to do is install it. For installation please be sure to do the following exactly.

Remove the battery cables, positive first, then negative. When you remove the PCM cables be sure to use a few bristles from a clean dry new paint brush to clean out the inside of the connectors. Install the PCM. We have found it is best to let the unit sit overnight before reconnecting the cables. Be sure to reverse the connection order when reconnecting positive first, then negative. When you are done your Jeep should run fine.
  • I have a 97 F350 with a 7.3 engine, the service engine light is on, I had it checked and it is the box that is mounted on the fender well and has to do with the fuel, I am not sure what that is called can someone help with that. Thanks
  • I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD 4.0. My son got it stuck in the mud (not on purpose), got it out, but now is having problems with it shifting from 1st to 2nd and it seems to take a few moments to kick into gear and go from a complete stop. Took it to a transmission shop, they put a computer to it and said that it was throwing a lot of codes and wants my son to bring it back. Said it was showing a bad 02 sensor and they think it might be that, that can be causing it not to shift.......anyone have any comments or know if it might be the PCM? The 02 sensor has been bad for a couple of years and we just never replaced it because of cost. Any help would be great so that we aren't paying a transmission shop for parts that don't need replaced.

• I also forgot to state, that if you turn it off and let it set for a couple of minutes and restart it that usually it will shift with no problems.