Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Toyota Sienna Interior and Trim

2»

Comments

• pqp3pqp3 Posts: 3
    I have recently bought a used 2008 Sienna LE with the overhead trip computer. It has five buttons - the "mode" button, three garage door opening buttons and a metric/imperial unit button. The door opener buttons and metric/imperial buttons have back-light writing but the "mode" button does not light up. I asked my dealer to repair the "mode" button but was told that it does not have a light. Is this true? It seems strange to me that all the other buttons are backlight and this one is not. Can anyone tell me if their "mode" button is backlight or not. Thanks!
  • pqp3pqp3 Posts: 3
    I have a 2008 Sienna with armrests that are angled downwards too much to be comfortable. They are not the adjustable style found inthe older Siennas. Has anyone either adjusted their armrests or taken their van into Toyota to have them adjusted? If so could you please provide some advice on either how to do it or let me know how much it cost. Thanks!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    No, but I think model year 2006 was the last year that did that. You may want to check a junk yard for a total wreck, I don't think the interior colors changed.
  • I just have experience with my 2003 Sienna with only 58000 miles. After reversing from the parking space, I switched the gear shifter to Drive (D) position and experienced the handle was broken and the gear locked up in the Drive position. I could manage to drive home as normal, approx. 15 miles without any difficulties.

I towed the car to a local dealer and found out the clever, P/N 3305508011, was broken. I believe the clever is made from aluminum casting and failed very clean a straight across its cross section (I have a photo at the broken aluminum casting part while the clever was in its place and still attached to the assembly). Instead of replacing the clever, the dealer has asked me to replace with the whole steering column assembly for $819.00 as a used part and warranty for 6 months. I requested the dealer to give me estimate to replace the broken clever. The dealer gave me an estimate for $619 for replacing the clever P/N 3305508011 ($98.12) and shaft P/N 3350108011 ($101.51) with the labor hours of 3.7 hours. However, the dealer said that if replacing the clever and the shaft, the problem cannot fix and I cannot even drive the car.

I have the following questions and would like to seek your advises:

1.) Why can't my car fix after replacing the broken clever and the shaft? Why it takes 3.7 hours to replace the broken clever that is visible from outside and appears it does not need a lot of effort and it is readily to remove and replace the broken clever?

2.) Why do I need to replace the whole column assembly with a used assembly for $819 (= $350 for the used column asssembly and 4 labor hours)? How reliable is the used steering column? Why it takes 4 hours to replace the column assembly?

3.) What can I do?

Thanks
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 39,021
    A reporter is looking for any drivers out there who can discuss the creative ways they've tried to keep their car clutter-free. There are so many gadgets, toys for kids, stuff for pets and other goods carried along in vehicles today, and he'd like to know how you manage or organize all these things inside your car. If you think you have helpful tips or ideas, please let us know at pr@edmunds.com by Monday December 24th.
  • fibber2fibber2 Mid Hudson Valley, NYPosts: 3,729
    I tried banning my family (wife, kids, dog) from using our cars as a way of enforcing the 'clean up your damn mess' doctrine, but it didn't work. An uprising ensued, a caucus convened, and I was voted off the island.
  • Can someone tell me where the Front Power Seats Fuse(s) is located, the manual states it is on the drivers side under the dash, and is a 30 amp, but there is only one 30 amp fuse in that panel, and it is not the correct one. Thanks
2»