Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda 626 Engine Questions

2»

Comments

• would like to know if anyone can tell me if they have had problems wit the clutch i cant make it go in gear i was told it was the slave cylinder change it and it still wont go into gear 1rst and 2nd is hard and 3,4,5 is easy what the problem
  • p100p100 Posts: 1,116
    Mazda uses failure prone clutch master cylinders (not slave cylinders). It is the internal seals that fail inside the cylinder, making complete clutch release impossible. The clutch master cylinder is located right behind the clutch pedal and it is visible on the firewall from the inside of the engine compartment. I went through about three of these master cylinders on my car. Also, there is a flexible rubber hose, just like a brake hose int he clutch hydraulic circuit, between the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder. This hose burst on my car and left me stranded. It is advisable to replace it if the car is more than 10 years old or has more than 100k miles.
  • I have a mazda 626 2ltr 1992 auto hatch with 180 000 on the clock it starts no probs it idles fine but when you put the thing in gear it stops this happens in drive as well it sometimes stalls when you stop at the lights. this is a intermitting thing some days it happens and some days it dont. Has enybody had the same problem who can help me out
2»