Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda Pilot Tires and Wheels

12346»

Comments

• odie6lodie6l Hershey, PaPosts: 1,078
    No, after I purchased the Pilot I was told this by the Dealer to stop at any local Goodyear to have it added. All you need to do is show your bill of sale for the new vehicle (not a used on) purchase. Good year does this as basis the new vehicle mean new tires and they want to back their product. When I did this it was my first visit to the Goodyear Service Center, so there was no "Previous Customer Discount". Since then, I have stuck with Goodyear. The other thing, if you are on a long trip, you can go to any Goodyear center since your information is in a national database. I have seen this also in Ford, Pontiac, and Jeep forums listed after I had it done. So it was not a 1 time instance.

Odie
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,634
    edited April 2012
    When you said you had the tire store add the full Road Hazard Lifetime Warranty to the tires, I figured you had to pay for that "extended" warranty on the Goodyears. So you're saying you got it free.

Never heard of a freebie like that before. Pretty neat.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

No, I had to pay the cost of the Road Hazzard Warranty that you would normally pay when added to new tires purchased from Goodyear. They just only charged me the cost of the Warranty which at that time was only $14 per tire ($56 total cost). It was well worth it when the tires wore out so fast and they replaced them under the warranty.

Odie
  • steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 41,634
    edited April 2012
    K, I think that was part of the confusion. As mentioned, I don't think OEM tires carry a mileage warranty (nor any warranty from the auto maker). Warranty booklets usually say to contact Goodyear or Firestone for any warranty claims I think, and I bet those are limited to manufacturing defects.

Good to know that some shops will sell the road hazard warranty like that. Like you say, cheap insurance.

Minivan fan. Feel free to message or email me - stever@edmunds.com.

edited September 2012
    Well, this morning my wife noticed something on one of the Silent Armors (S.A.'s) on "The Beast". There was a small crack starting on the sidewall in the center. I decided since I now have 62,500 miles on them and a long drive from Hershey to Knoxville coming up, best to get it checked out just for piece of mind. Now the treadlife on the S.A.'s is only 50k, so I made out good so far considering what I've put them through. We did a walk through and found the cracks on 3 of the 4 tires. These are age cracks so nothing that bad, problem is the tires won't pass Pennsylvania State Inspection (which I need to have done also). As for tread, I still have a good 7/32's left on them so I was pleased with that. Since I've had such a good run with the S.A.'s, I'm going to stick with them and run them again. The only down side is the price... When I got the 1st set I had the benifit of the warrenty from the Integrity's helping out, but now with the age I'll have to pay full pricing. Thankfully I get a discount from a local Goodyear shop for my current employeer and also they are going to roll a loyalty discount on top of it. Installed (including all taxes, disposale, fees, labor, etc) is going to roll me for $950. Guess I'm not getting a new vehicle for a couple of years now. Besides, I like "The Beast" too much to get rid of him.

Odie
    Odie's homepage
  • My 2010 Pilot 4WD Touring came with Michelin MX4 tires and I got 70,000 miles on the originals, and they still weren't in terrible shape when I replaced them. I've never gotten that many mile out of any tire on any vehicle, so I'm sold on the Michelins. I replaced the OEM tires with the same Michelin MX4 -- hope I get another 70k miles. I like them so much, I put Michelin tires on my Suburban also -- we'll see how they do.
  • sdasda Indian Land, SCPosts: 317

Recently bought a 2010 EXL. It has the GY Forterras and are in good shape. A tire store will give me a $240 credit for them if I buy 4 new tires, doesn't matter what brand. I have always preferred Michelin. I had the Michelin Lattitude on our 09 CR-V. Any one have experience with those on the Pilot? I am tempted to take them up on the offer, yet am inclined to run the current tires until they are worn.

2010 Pilot EXL-RES, 2013 Accord EX

12346»