Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mazda CX-7 Navigation System

Comments

• I have the same problem with my 2009 mazda 6 with Bose centerpoint pkg.
    The sound is muted for anywhere between 30 sec and 4 minutes after starting the car. with me the lights were active and all functions would display but no sound would come out also. I am waiting to speak to a service tech about the issue. It seems to be cold weather related as it was in the single digits today and took almost 5 min for the sound to kick in. The average is about 2 minutes though. It won't be warm around here for a couple of months but I'm not counting on the weather to solve this. I am also looking for answers and a fix.
    :confuse:
  • nace818nace818 Posts: 140
    Thanks for the reply. I found by just scrolling through all the options. I'm in La. and the map was set for Maryland.
  • I have an 07 CX7 which I have owned for a year. My navigation dvd player recently quit working and was told it would cost $2900 to replace it!! I am hoping to find a used one at a decent price. Any suggestions on websites would be helpful.
  • I took the wife's car, a '08 CX-7, for a two hour drive to the city and back.. After a bit I realized that in the lower right hand corner of the nav display there was NO GPS speed. There was a black X. I even put in a destination to turn on guide and still there was no GPS speed. Did I accidentally turn something off or am I just outta my mind because there never was a GPS speed in the lower right corner of the display?

Thanks, Allen
  • nace818nace818 Posts: 140
    I have an '07 but I've never seen an indicated speed on the nav unit.
  • I recently purchased a 2010 CX-7 GT AWD. Does anyone know if you can chose to turn the Navigation Display to the OFF position when you do not want to use it? I traded a 2008 CX-T GT AWD for this one, and I also still have a 2008 CX-9 GT AWD. The two 2008s (CX-7 & CX-9) have a "Display On/Off" option that allows for you to turn off/on the Nav display at your own leisure, but it seems that in the 2010 CX-7 the display is always ON as long as the car is running or the ignition switch is ON. Any tips? I've researched the manual but nothing. Thanks!
  • I recently purchased a 2010 CX-7 GT AWD. Does anyone know if you can chose to turn the Navigation Display to the OFF position when you do not want to use it? I traded a 2008 CX-T GT AWD for this one, and I also still have a 2008 CX-9 GT AWD. The two 2008s (CX-7 & CX-9) have a "Display On/Off" option that allows for you to turn off/on the Nav display at your own leisure, but it seems that in the 2010 CX-7 the display is always ON as long as the car is running or the ignition switch is ON. Any tips? I've researched the manual but nothing. Thanks!
  • bcp1bcp1 Posts: 21
    A free update from Mazda or Denso wont happen in this life time. At least the price has come down, when I tried to purchase it last year at the dealer they wanted $299.00. I upgraded my TomTom to a 240XL with a special placement holder which I can use in any vehicle.

The TomTom cost less than a Denso upgrade and has much more information than the unit on the CX-7 with or without their upgrade.
  • Hi there! I just bought a used CX-7 about a month ago. I really like the car - but have noticed a "jerk" when driving especially at highway speeds. Whats up with that???? Also - my navigation screen just blacked out TODAY! Sounds just like the problem the person described in message #158. Any ideas on what might be the trouble??? Thanks for any advice!
  • Well - since no one answered me.......I decided to do what I guess I should have done in the first place. I called a Mazda dealership! I have an appointment today. Luckily the factory warranty is still in place for a bit longer. We purchased an extended warranty when we bought the car - but I was told that it will not cover things such as navagation issues. Anyway - maybe I can answer message 158 from January after my appointment with the dealership today. Looks like that message never got a reply either. Thanks.
  • spl2000spl2000 Posts: 1
    I have a 2010 CX-7 sport with CP. I was thinking if it would be possible to buy a GPS and somehow connect its display output to the MID (multi information display) of the car. Any thoughts on that?
  • I am having a similar issue with my navigation. The screen is black now when I switch over to the nav. I can hear the dvd drive spinning up/down a lot. What did you end up doing?
  • I ended up taking it to a Mazda dealership. They told me my nav unit was bad and had to be replaced. Thankfully it was still under warranty (but only for 2 more weeks!!!!) Anyway - all is well now. Works like a charm. Hopefully you still have factory warranty left on your CX-7. Good Luck.
  • oh - and by the way.... the "jerk" i felt when driving was due to the computer needing to be reset...or something like that. Anyway - when I took it in to have the nav replaced they reset the computer and no more jerkiness. (is that a word???)
    Drives great now!
  • Brought my 2007 cx-7 to Germany and now the navigation is not working for Europe. The dealership says its not going to happen but I ran into a guy who fixed the problem in his cx-7 becuse he found the disc. Anybody know what to do?
  • flendermflenderm Posts: 3
    You can use the DVD from the Mazda 6 with the denso navigation system. I think it's model year 2006/7. The newest system from the mazda 6 is not working and the older one around 2005 is not working to. If you need more the eastern region you can also download the dvd at:
    http://bezpaleva.ru/soft/1153357374-mazda-cx-7skh-9-navigation-dvd-eastern-europ- e.html
    hope this helps!
  • Hi All

Can any tell me i hv own cx-7 07 model from japan so the gps i cant use. Any one can help to provide software upgrade the version to english use in Malaysia Map ? I really thanks if can help me to solve this matter.

thousand thanks
    ricky
  • jccx7jccx7 Posts: 1
    If I could write my issue with my CX7 Navi system -- I would write it just like you did!!! When I speed on the expressway, same thing happens, it kind of feels like it "knows" your speeding and it jerks it to slow down LOL. But same exact experience with my music and found out about my Navi blacking out the same exact way with the AUDIO working fine. :confuse:

Did you ever figure out the problem? Is that a manufacturer issue? or is there some sort of update required with MAZDA?
  • Just got my 2007 CX-7 here and Mazda tells me I'm SOL and won't be able to download Finnish/European maps in this car. Say it isn't so. I know I can get a 90€ GPS but the whole point is a convenient GPS with no suction cups on the window... Really would appreciate any ideas!
  • Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,964
    The Juusota cheese gets the grease (sorry, couldn't resist - have some Finnish squeaky cheese in the frig right now).

I wonder if they have recycle yards there and whether you could swap out the whole factory nav for a euro spec one?