Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram General Operating Questions

13»

Comments

• I have a 1988 Dodge Power Ram 150 with 110,000 miles on a 318 V8. I am have issues with the injectors in the throttle body. Only one side will spray gas. I have changed both injectors, the wiring harness, and the pig tail that plugs into the wiring harness. Still nothing has worked. I was wondering if anyone has any ideas. :sick:
  • I have a 01 ram 1500 4x4 with 155588 miles on it the trans just started leakeing I think it,s the seal what do you think
  • We have a 2003 Dodge Ram 1500, 4.7 4x4...Truck has been cutting out on start, almost as though it is starved for fuel, cleans out after a few seconds and then will go. The transmission light came on several months ago, but diagnostics shows nothing wrong. This is happening more often now...truck is fine after several sconds of rough idling and attempts to get going...Any thoughts....could this be a idle control spring or is it a fuel filter problem? :confuse:
  • chatzychatzy Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 with a similar problem The truck ran for about a mile or so then just gave out as well. it starts but does not turn over like a fuel problem
  • mesum71mesum71 Posts: 1
    I have a 2002 dodge ram 1500 4.7 4x4 the parking lights stoped working thought it was the headlight switch replaced that this was not the problem,checked for code and got p1687 no mechanical instrument cluster bus message.blinkers and all other lights work,no blown fuses no power to the fuses in the fuse block for those lights
  • OK MY HUSBAND PUTS KEY INTO IGNITION AND TURNS IT OVER AND NOTHING!!! He has replaced the distrubtor cap, coil pickup, spark plugs, and rotor button. We also checked the battery and it's fully charged...What is wrong and please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sick:
  • I had exactly the same thing happen yesterday -- same model/ same year truck as yours. Did you get any helpful responses? I'd sure be interested to know.
  • I am having some carb trouble with my old 85 Dodge Ram. I think the carb would work just fine if the parts for the fast idle were not missing. I have purchased for Ebay and older carb. I had intended to put the Ebay carb on my truck after I had rebuilt it, but the air/fuel adjuster screws were stuck and when I tried - as carefully as possible - to remove the screws, one of them sheered off. I soaked the base plate in P.B. Penetrating fluid before trying, but that didn't help.

Anyway, my question is: Does anyone know if I could use the fast idle parts from the Ebay carb on the existing carb? If so, then I'll just get a rebuild kit for the existing carb and go with that. I really wanted to use the Ebayr carb though, because of the air/fuel adjusters. I'd appreciate any help I can get on this.

Just one more thing. On the existing carb, the stepper cam in there. It's the linkage and the screw that is missing.

Sincerely,

Thea :(
  • thea67thea67 Posts: 4
    I have a 1985 Dodge Ram D-150 and I wanted to ask, does anyone know how to do wheel conversions? I would like to up grade my wheels from 15" to 16" rims, but I don't want the speedometer to be off. My tires are P235/75R15 and I know if I put 16" rims I'll have to go with a lower profile tire, but the question is, how low would I need to go in order to compensate for the 75R15? If anyone could be of help on this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thea
  • KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    225/75R16, 235/70R16, 255/65R16, or 275/60R16 will all keep your speedometer and odometer in check.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons/Vans+Minivans Host
  • rdt68rdt68 Posts: 1
    I have a 95 ram 1500... It began to have a slow crank on start-up, then after driving and shutting it off it would not start, not even turn over. Now, it won't even do anything... i think the start relay is making( hear it clicking) and i measured 12.3v at the starter. I don't have a clue, I'm hoping someone here does.
  • I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel pickup inherited from my father-in law. Never had a diesel before. Last week, the truck started fine one afternoon from work, but when I started to leave, the truck would only get to about 15 mph. I proceeded down the road at this slow pace, and after stopping at a stop light, then proceeding at the same low speed, the truck jerked and all of a sudden I was able to achieve full speed. This same thing happened the next morning and afternoon so I haven't driven it since. I'm thinking this is not a fuel filter problem but maybe a fuel flow control valve solenoid problem. Any help here would be much appreciated.
13»