Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dodge Ram Noises and Rattles

2»

Comments

• KCRamKCRam Mt. Arlington NJPosts: 3,516
    You didn't say which year, but do check your ball joints (upper and lower) and your track bar if it's a 4x4.

kcram - Pickups/Wagons Host
  • I have a 04 2500 and today when i accelerate its making a metal in a can sound and is sounds like its from the rear. It only does it around 2000 to 2500 rpms. I checked the drive lines and they were tight. Anyone have any ideas or similar problem?
    Check your cat and muffler. That kind of rattle is a symptom of a rotted core on one of them.

• Bought my 2010 Ram 2500 TRX4 in Feb. Now, after 6,500mi, I noticed the first interior mystery noise coming from the headliner or dash on the driver's side. I know it sounds like I could easily distinguish where it's coming from, and even tried to lean forward as much as I safely could while driving, but can't pinpoint it. Not a really loud noise, just annoying when the stereo's off, because the rest of the truck is so amazingly quiet.
    Suggestion: have someone else drive so you can sit in the center position and move around a bit more freely to find the source.

• bough a quad cab 2010 2500 after 40-50 mph,,unreal noise thru both front sides windows,,like air leaking. dealer just told me is the way the mirrows were design... Nothing they can do..any suggestions,,,,any recalls////
  • I had similar sound it turned out to be a heat sheild on the tail pipe that protects the spare tire a weld broke I wound up tearing it of and the noise stopped.
2»