Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Crossfire Navigation System

Comments

• Yes, mine does that too, depending on how far apart the destinations are, though I have had it memorize a few destinations. As far as I know, there is no way to load the entire CD into memory so you won't have to load it again. If you want to listen to CD's and keep the NAV CD loaded at all times, you'll need to get a CD changer.
  • I've been following this discussion with interest, because I use the Nav system in in my 2005 Crossfire Limited Coupe all the time. The system is NOT hard to use, it's just that the documentation is so crappy. It will take you some time and there is a lot of "discovery learning" involved, but once you get the hang of it, it really is a great system. Since the Crossfire system has little or no visual display, it has a much larger vocabulary most automotive systems I've had experience with. It gives you a lot of verbal information and does so repeatedly as you near a waypoint, and gives you verbal info of what to expect after you make a direction change.

The CDs are old (2004 was the latest update) and lack a lot of land area in places that have only recently been built up. They are also hard to find, and your Chrysler dealer won't have a clue what you are talking about. If you can get him to understand what you want, you can get the set for around $200. Once you get them, they can be copied and put the master away.
  • I just purchased a 2005 Crossfire with Navigation. It came with the east/west CDs, but no Nav User Manual. I think I have it pretty figured out, but I have a couple questions. First, I can't figure out if there is a way to change the settings from Kilometers and Meters to Miles and feet. Also, is there a way to put in an exact address or can you only Navigate to a street?
  • sr71bsr71b Posts: 2
    I just purchased a 2006 crossfire that had the disks but no manual. Is there anywhere I can get a manual? Chrysler has no clue about this, so I am stuck.
  • sr71bsr71b Posts: 2
    Thanks but didn't find any manuals listed there. I did find that I could get a manual from Chrysler Tech Center for $3.
  • Anyone know how to get the male NAV voice instead of the female? Thanks
  • Help! My West CD for my 2005 Crossfire is cracked. I was sure that this would be covered under warranty but am being told...no way!! And the cost for the new set is ridiculous. Does anyone know a site where replacement cd's can be purchased. I wouldn't mind paying the price for the CD's from Chrysler, but they haven't been updated since 2004. Thanks so much.
  • I don't know if this helps you but, I have a West CD only that I received when I just purchased a used 2005 Chrysler Crossfire.

I live EAST and don't have the EAST Cd.

I'll trade you CD's!!!

Let me know,

Mark
  • ssuedessuede Posts: 4
    Is there anyone out there that has a CD Changer on their Navigation system? Was the changer a dealer option, did you connect a different manufacturer's changer (i.e., Sony), or if it must be one from Navigation Technologies Corp where did you buy it from?

Just bought a 05 Crossfire SRT from a dealer with 221 miles on it, so it's virtually brand new. A big thanks to this chat forum - I'm going to copy the Navigation CDs onto my hard drive 'just in case.' :)
  • zq8zq8 Posts: 82
    How much did you have to give for the 221 mile SRT-6 and was it a coupe or roadster?
  • ssuedessuede Posts: 4
    The 221 mile SRT-6 is a coupe, in black. She now has 775 miles on her. I paid just less than the Kelly Blue Book value. In fact, that was my bargaining tool - the dealership wanted a lot more.
  • zq8zq8 Posts: 82
    Well it would help others bargain on one if you could share the price that they took for it.
  • Hello everyone
    I just bought a 06 Crossfire roadster yesterday but as some of you, with no CDs for the navigation System.
    Then, I had a look at this website and forum and found that you could help me.
    So, could you please explain me how I could get those 2 CDs to have a navigation system operational onboard ?

Thanks for your help .
    Nota : this car is just amazing !!! :)

Yves
  • I just sold a set on Ebay for 30 bucks........might be your best bet
  • Thanks for your help. I'm going to try.
    If somebody has another idea .....

Enjoy your Crossfire.
  • Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
    Probably best to take it to the Crossfire Prices Paid & Buying Experience discussion.

Claire

HOST

• I have an East Coast CD for Crossfire 05 and need a West Coast. Will swap for an East Coast CD.

Marty
  • I would be grateful for a copy of the West Coast CD for my 05 Crossfire.

Please advise,

Marty
  • Hello again everyone,

It seems that sharing the CDs is possible. I don't have any map on CD to offer but If you are ready to share this software ...
    Do you think I could them from one of you ?

Thanks
  • If you could send me a copy of the west coast and the East coast cds I would "Really" appreciate it.

Thanks
    xfire5