Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Crossfire Navigation System

My 2005 Crossfire was delivered last March 2006. When delivered the East navigation CD was missing. The dealership (Johnson Chrysler, Fort Pierce, FL) delayed on dealing with the problem and was soon taken over by another dealer. The new dealer says its an issue with the old dealer (which no longer exists), Chrysler corporate will not get involved (they say its between me and the dealer I bought from) so I will have to shell out $239 for a new set of CDs to get the navigation system to work. Any ideas how I can resolve this?

Comments

• Joslyn....I can make a copy of the East CD for you for free if you like and send it to you or post it on a site for you to copy. I have both, just bought a new 2005 Jan 13,2007...pretty crazy huh? $34995
  • That would be very kind! Please email me at joslynch@yahoo.com so that we can work out some details. Your kindness will not go unrewarded.
  • al_deanal_dean Posts: 2
    Hello,

I have the same problem with my crossfire, except that in my town there is not an official chrysler department. Could you send me the link too please?
  • violanteviolante Posts: 3
    Did it work? i tried to copy this CD from a friend. could do it! how did you do it? wow. would you please share how you did it or used! thanks you
  • al_deanal_dean Posts: 2
    I still haven't got the disc set. I suppose the discs can be cloned with nero or similar programs. What did happen with the cds copied from your friend's disc set? It didn't work?
  • unclewillyunclewilly Posts: 2
    Just bought a used Crossfire $19,999 13,000 miles. It too was missing the East CD, what's up with that. Any how if you could help me out with a posting that I could copy it would be very much appreciated. I've tried bit torrent sites and nothing is available. thanks,
    unclewilly
    P.S.
    I will post them on demonoid.com when i get both disks
    Ya its easy after all, just remember to make a data disk . (was my problem)
    i have a copy on my hard drive. Give me your email, i would be happy to send it. I cant get over the value on this set of CD's NUTS!!!
  • unclewillyunclewilly Posts: 2
    Thank you very much. Yea I kinda went into shock over the cost my self, and why only the east going missing? Oh well. E-mail address is unclewilly1954@verizon.net .Will that large of a file go into an e-mail? Thanks again
    Unclewilly
  • ampexampex Posts: 1
    I hope someone is still out there. I bought a 2005 Crossfire today, used and got the run around about there being no Nav CD's with the car. Is there anyway I can get a copy of these disks?
  • joslynchjoslynch Posts: 5
    email me directly at joslynch@yahoo.com, I may be able to help next week.
  • eganderseganders Posts: 8
    No CD's. But no manual either. Basically, how does the NAV system work? Does it use voice prompting? Maps? Displays? What's it do? I don't need great detail - just a real brief description of how it works so I know what I'm getting.

Thanks
    You put in one of the NAV CD, either West or East US, press the MAV button and use the rotary dials to enter a destination address. The unit then gives voice directions and indicators on the display. No maps though. The only problem for me is the default voice is female and my brain filters out directions from a female voice but as far as I know you can change it to male. Never did that yet.
    Excellent. Thanks joslynch.

It it easy to put in your destination or whatever with the rotary dials?

Do you have to shut off the tunes to use the NAV?

Incidentally does the stereo hold more than one CD at a time?
    Putting in destinations is just OK, you have to start with State, then the letters of the city until it finds it, then the address etc. It's quite slow. The unit takes only 1 CD so you can only use the radio when the NAV is in use, but it does alllow you to use the radio and the voice directions break in. I think you may be able to take out the CD when it has created a route but I have not tried that.
    I've been told that the NAV is a bit on the lame side, but if I didn't know where I was going, it sounds like it might be worthwhile.

However, from what you're saying, it doesn't sound like it's useful for kind of a "where am I now" locator.

Maybe just the radio and a separate add-on GPS would make more sense?
  • fesenjoonfesenjoon Posts: 1
    Can you please include me on the link for the East Coast CD? Email is fesenjoon(at)yahoo(dot)com.

Thanks guys; I really appreciate it.

-fesenjoon
    I purchased my Crossfire. According to the NAV manual, once you've created your route, you can remove the NAV CD and replace it with an audio CD for listening while the NAV still works using the routing you created.

The way the NAV manual reads, if you add on a CD Changer you might be able to leave the NAV CD in place and still have audio from other CD's in a changer - but that concept wasn't totally spelled out in the manual and I don't have a changer and haven't tried it.
  • travel1travel1 Posts: 1
    Just bought a 2006 coupe, I thought it had Sirrius radio in it but I cant find in a dealer know nothing
    Any suggestions
  • I purchased a 2005 Crossfire with a NAV system. Both CD's and the manual were included. Every time I put a request in for a new location, the system ask that I put in the NAV CD. Does your do that? Is there a way to load the entire CD into the system without using the CD's each time the location is changed?