Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honda CR-V Navigation System

Stever@EdmundsStever@Edmunds YooperlandPosts: 38,985
edited December 2013 in Honda
Questions about your CR-V navigation system? Ask here.

Check the search on the left for other makes/models or visit the generic Navigation / GPS Systems discussion.

Comments

• My 07 Nav. system has a data version 20050830 and a software version 1.58.01. Is this what everyone else has or does anyone have the 3.60 version for fall of 2006, which is for sale on their [Honda's] website? I accessed this on the screen without pulling the DVD.
  • Does Honda's nav system have text-to-speech capability (i.e. can it pronounce upcoming street names)? Thanks.
  • No, Honda's nav system has no text-to-speech capability (at least in the CR-V), but I believe this applies to all current Honad/Acura models. The system does however support voice recognition, so it will react when you tell it to "Go Home", etc.
  • Interesting. I had a small interest in getting the navigation model but if it does not pronounce street names, it is not worth the extra $2k then.
    Garmin Nuvi seems to be really cool compared to OE Navigation systems. The Garmin Nuvi comes with different accents as well - it is fun to listen to instruction in different European accents:)
  • Has anyone purchased a 2007 CRV with the in-dash navigation system? If so, would you please share your opinion as to whether or not the system is worth $2000 as opposed to the less expensive portable GPS units like Garmin, Tom Tom, etc. Thanks.
  • I have had my 2007 CR-V EX-L with Navigation for over a month. The system is awesome. It can give you voice directions. You can press a button on the steering wheel and say "Go Home", "show Lodging", "Show ATM", etc. When you are going by the system's directions, it is voice trained and when it needs to say something to you, it will turn the radio down a little bit(doesn't shut it off all the way). When getting to a turn, it says "Turn left in a Half mile" the it says "Turn Left in a quarter mile". When it says quarter mile alert, Half of the screen zooms in on the turn and at the top of the half in big letters shows the street name. The system also is touch screen, so everything you do is not done by some big nob. Overall the system is VERY good, it is very easy to use, and it is a nationwide phone book (and address book).

There is also other things that you get with that two thousand dollars. You get a back-up camera, which once you have, you find how much it helps, like when backing into a spot, you can see the curb so you don't hit it. Also, you get 270 watt sound system (instead of 160 watt), a seventh speaker, a sub woofer, and a digital audio-card reader.

Go For It!
  • nearmspnearmsp Posts: 90
    They should have added blue tooth capability to the phone directory. My nuvi has bluetooth and I can dial any number from the data base using bluetooth.

Can you update your navigation system operating system, and if so how do you do it? I connect my nuvi to my laptop once every two weeks to download firmware updates to the operating system and to download icons, MP3 songse etc.
  • extech2extech2 Posts: 120
    I've never used a GPS navigation system - can someone explain how to enter a destination? Typing an address without a keyboard?
  • Hi I have a 2007 CRV w/navi. In the owners book for navi on page 130 it talks about climate control with voice activation. Can't get it to work. Any info?? Thanks!!!!
  • roma007roma007 Posts: 24
    Does anyone know how to reset the clock so it reflects the recent time change? The owner manual says that time updates are picked up via satelite. I wonder if they have a DST bug up there.
  • stevecarstevecar Posts: 148
    It's in the book. It says that it wasn't adjusted so to turn off the auto setting for now and enter in manually. I have the nav book in the car and it took about 30 seconds to do.
  • terryp1terryp1 Posts: 54
    Yesterday finally took possession of '07 CR-V 4WD EX-L with navigation. Love it. Gave up the '05 EX.

My question concerns using a flash memory card (I'd prefer CompactFlash because I have some of them.)
    I want to know exactly what I need as far as an adapter is concerned to be able to use it in the vehicle. I'm looking for specific name/numeric description of item and possibly brand because I'm non-techie.

Also, I want to know how big a memory the card can have and still have it work. I ask that because I'm not sure if there is a limit.
    The owner's manual says this: "The card limit of the player is 255 folders and 999 tracks. If the card has a complex structure, it takes some time for the system to begin playing it."

I'm not sure what all that means. I'm not sure how much memory 999 tracks (regular rock 'n roll stuff, mp3 files) would take up on a flash card.

So first I want to find exactly which adapter I need. And then I want to know the maximum memory I can have in a CompactFlash card and not overdo it.
    Thanks
  • terryp1terryp1 Posts: 54
    I'll answer myself on this one, since I finally got in touch with Honda America tech person. He said the tech folks said those are good questions. That makes me think their initial response is a not rhetorical device. The beast is so complex they can only know it so well at this point.
    They say it takes a PCMCIA adapter, Type II.
    And the most they've worked with is a 1 gigabyte (one gig) memory card. So it's up to someone else to try a card with more memory and report back.
  • Hi,
    I can't find pc card adapter please help me and let me know exact model number or upc number to buy it. I've tried more than couple already but it won't fit in my pc card slot, they were little too big. I've got sandisk Compact flash card with adapter. Pleas let me know what to do...my email address is strikerscricketclub@gmail.com
    thankx
  • marig0107marig0107 Posts: 92
    well, we have a tom tom as well. It does way better with giving clear directions. So we'll carry that for out of town trips and such. But for day to day, it's nice not to have to plug and unplug a gps. And it's nice not to have wires plug into the ash tray and tucking that in.

And the back up camera is nice as long as you don't get too dependent on it that you become sloppy about backing up. It has blind spots so do your head checks.
  • marig0107marig0107 Posts: 92
    that was an oversight on the CRV manual. The navi for the crv's do NOT control climate....took my husband a day of research and finally sucking it up and calling the techs to see that the manual was wrong. I believe the navi's in some smaller honda cars do have the climate control. I don't see that as a big deal. Two knobs, turn left and turn right...lol...also, don't see much need for dual climate either, turn vent up, down, open or closed.... ;)
  • kosimomkosimom Posts: 1
    I am in need of a navi system circuit board (power controller) There was a mishap with a fuse while a technician was fixing something else and well...let just say smoke coming out of it was not a good sign.

Do you think I get can this part? If so where?
    It was made by Mitsubishi Electronics.
    If not how can I replace the whole system ?
  • blueiedgodblueiedgod Posts: 2,803
    I am in need of a navi system circuit board (power controller) There was a mishap with a fuse while a technician was fixing something else and well...let just say smoke coming out of it was not a good sign.

Do you think I get can this part? If so where?
    It was made by Mitsubishi Electronics.
    If not how can I replace the whole system ?

the Technician should have been bonded and insured to cover such loss. Or, if he was a smart one, he would have disconnected the negative terminal at the battery.

I am sure Honda sells the unit by it self, the cost is around $3000.

ITem 4

2698382 004 1 NAVIGATION UNIT (AVN-DVD) (ALPINE) GRAPHITE BLACK MSRP $4249.72 Discounted price: $2974.80
    Majestic Honda
  • Shortly I will be a new owner of a 2007 CR-V EX-L w/Nav. I would like to purchase and setup the chip ahead of time, but nowhere does it state which chip it is, SD etc.