Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche Cayman Lease Questions

kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,785
Ask your Porsche Cayman lease questions here.

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

Comments

• I understand they change from month to month but I wanted to get an idea of what the rates were since I doubt they would change significantly by May.
  • I AM LOOKING TO LEASE A PORSCHE CAYMAN S FOR 24 MONTHS 10K/YR. COULD YOU FIND THE RESIDUAL AND MONEY FACTOR FOR TIER 1 CREDIT?
  • I'd be happy to help you out, erica007. I assume that you are interested in a 2007 model, let me know if that is not the case. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Porsche Cayman S with 10,000 miles per year are .00310 and 71%, respectively. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • hughdhughd Posts: 1
    Wondering if you could tell me Porsche Credit's Money Factor and Residual with excellent (750+) credit for an '07 Cayman (non-S) for a 2yr. lease with 10K mi/yr?
    Thanks!
    Hugh
  • Here you go, Hugh. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a 2007 Porsche Cayman (non-S model) without a Tiptronic transmission with 10,000 miles per year are .00310 and 69%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • changw1changw1 Posts: 12
    Can someone tell me what is the money factor and residual value for a 30 and 36 months lease for a 2007 Cayman S assuming 10,000 miles per year? Thanks.
    I have been quoted a 3 year lease rate for a 2007 Cayman S (6 speed) with a money factor of 0.0031 and a residual of 61% with 10K miles/year. Is that a reasonable rate? Are documentation fee of $750 plus an annual Lease Fee of $85 standard fees charged by Porsche Leasing?
  • What is the MSRP and pymt amount? How much down?
  • That price is based on 66000 MSRP and a 62000 Net cost. Zero down.
  • Your pymt amount?
  • I need your help guys and would really appreciate it. I'm looking into leasing, if possible, a 07 Porsche Cayman. I'm not really interested in any of the options but would like automatic. The invoice on a base Cayman is $43,075.00 but I don't think any dealer wants to sell it at invoice or close to it.

The latest lease special I've seen was the following on a $49500 MSRP

Down: 7,000
    Monthly: 399
    Months: 36
    Miles/Month: 10,000

I'm looking at something more along the lines of,

Down: 3,000
    Monthly: 500
    Months: 36
    Miles/Month: 10,000

I think this is possible if the dealer sells the vehicle close to invoice. Please advise.
  • Hi changw1. Here's the information that you're looking for. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month (I haven't seen this car's 30 month lease program) lease of a 2007 Porsche Cayman S with 10,000 miles per year are .00310 and 69%, respectively. The numbers for an otherwise identical 36 month lease are .00310 and 61%.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hi changw1. The money factor and residual value that you were quoted for the Cayman that you are interested in are right in line with Porsche Credit's current lease program for it. Porsche Credit charges a $745 acquisition fee on every vehicle that it leases. If you are charged any other "doc fees" in addition to that it is nothing more than a way for the dealer that you are working with to add additional profit to your deal.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • Hello namshik. I don't know exactly how much you will have to pay for a 2007 Cayman right now, but you're right I highly doubt that you will be able to get a Cayman for close to dealer invoice. What I can tell you is that $3,000 and $7,000 are way too much money to put down when leasing. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who do risk losing them if their vehicle is totaled in an accident or stolen and never recovered.

I would be happy to use Porsche Credit's current lease program to tell you exactly how much it would cost you to lease this car right now. Just provide me with the full MSRP and approximate selling price of the exact Cayman that you want and I'll crunch some numbers for you.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • let's try the following MSRPs:
    $50,195
    $52,875

i just noted that on carsdirect, the target price has changed. it was usually the same as the msrp but have changed to $47,195 and $47,195 respectively. looks like good news.
  • Thanks Car_man. I have just put down a deposit on a new Cayman S with a March build date so I still have another two months before making the financing decision. I assume money factor is tie to general interest rate. But how about residual? Will residaul value go down during later months of the product year? I see there is a huge difference between 06 and 07 model.
  • Car_Man -
    I have been looking at a Cayman S with Tiptronic in the San Francisco Area. The features on the car are the preferred package Plus & powerseats, xenon headlights....

MSRP:$68,450
    Price they offered: $63,400
    Term: 39 month lease
    Miles: 15K
    Drive off is $2500
    Monthly Rate: $1001 (including tax - SF, CA)

This seems high and they claiming the residual for the Cayman S w/tiptronic is only 49%. But I keep seeing much higher on this site - am I getting ripped off?

Thanks
  • vwguild1vwguild1 Posts: 98
    Is this a US Bank Lease or Porsche Financial Services???
    What is the Money Factor???
  • habitat1habitat1 Posts: 4,282
    For what it's worth, my dealer has/had several low mileage used Cayman S's in stock when I stopped in a couple of weeks ago. They were marked down considerably, especially the Tiptronic versions. He even commented that the tiptronic, which costs $3,400 +/-, is a severe impediment to resale, which may be being reflected in the lower residual value you are being quoted.

Before you spend $40,000 to lease a Cayman S for 39 months, you might want to look into buying a low mileage certified used one. They were all in the high $40's to low $50's, with room to negotiate, and looked brand new to me.
  • It's a US Bank Lease and the money factor is 0.00253.

Unfortunately, there aren't any used Tiptronics with the features I want in the state of California.

Thanks for your advice.
    PCNA offers better money factor but also a much higher money factor. Try leasecompare.com. I think they use US bank as one of the lessor.
    Actually, I mean to say PCNA offers both higher residual and higher money factor.
  • Car_Man,

What is the current money factors, and residuals for an '07 Cayman S 36 month lease 18K miles/year. I recently ordered a car for late May delivery (MSRP approx 63K, purchase price 58K) and when I asked the dealership what the current rates were they wouldn't give me an accurate quote. I wanted to do my research before picking up the car so I can get the best rate.

Also I am definitely leasing the car, and have no plans to purchase the car at the end of the lease. Will going with whoever gives me the best residual or lowest money factor give me the lowest monthly payment?

Thanks
    The reason your Dealer could not provide Rates or Residuals is that they change month over month...What is accurate today will not be the same in May or June...
    Check the March rate out here:

http://www.caymanclub.net/showthread.php?t=9664

Based on my research, residual goes down gradually over the course of the year.
  • Thanks changw1, I'm actually a member of the caymanclub and saw the post. I was hoping to get the rates Porsche financial offers.
    I believe those are the official PCNA rates. However, the money factor is based on tier-2 credit rate. The tier-one credit money factor should improve by 0.0001.
    FYI...That requires a score of 740+
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Thanks for the additional information, namshik. OK, so you're interested in seeing what the monthly payment would be like on a 36 month, 10,000 mile per year lease of a base 2007 Porsche Cayman without Tiptronic that has an MSRP of $50,196 and a selling price of $47,195. According to my calculations, this car's zero down, pre-tax monthly payment should be around $715.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    You're very welcome, changw1. You're right, vehicles' residual values gradually decrease as the model year progresses. Porsche's lease programs usually run in two month increments. While there is no guarantee that a vehicle's residual value will drop when a new program is published, it's very possible that it will fall by a point or two.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid Forum