Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Porsche Cayman Lease Questions

Comments

• Here was a dealer told me on either a 2008 Boxster or a red 2008 Cayman

15kmiles/year $539+tax
    18kmiles/year $596+tax
    36months

MSRP 51000
    Negoitated down to 47000
    Residual 53%
    MF .0030
    5900 down

Is this a good deal?
  • Hi tightymcfish. Let me begin by saying that $5,000 is way too much money to put down on a lease. I always advise consumers not to make large down payments on leased vehicles. Those who make them risk losing part or all of them if their vehicle is totaled. Even though it means that your monthly payment will be a little higher, it would be much safer for you to go with a zero down lease.

Also, the money factor that you were quoted is a little on the high side. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor is .00250 for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier. See if you can get the dealer to use that factor to calculate your car's payment.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • Car_man is correct, this is not a fair offer. I leased an 08 Cayman in Aug. MSRP 53,300. Cap cost 47,000, MF .0025, resid for 36 mo /15K should be 57%.
    Payment on your car should be about $590 with ZERO down.
  • hi guys, i'm thining of embarking on my first porsche lease!!

Does anyone know what a good lease (mf, residual, etc) for 24 months on a Cayman 2008 should be? i'm looking at one with an msrp of about 55k with a cap cost of 51k.

thank you!!
  • Welcome bimmerlovr. Porsche Credit's current buy rate lease money factor and residual value for a 24 month lease of a base 2008 Cayman with 15,000 miles per year are .00270 and 54%, respectively. If you choose to go with a 36 month lease, Porsche is running a special conquest promotion for current owners of competitive vehicles which provides a money factor of .00208 (57% residual value).

I am not personally familiar with what the market is like for the Cayman in your area right now, but I can tell you that business at Porsche dealers in general is very, very slow right now. Shoot for as close to dealer invoice as possible when negotiating your selling price on this car. You can look up the invoice price of the exact model that you want by visiting the New Vehicle Pricing section of Edmunds.com.

Car_man
    Host
  • what are the current lease deals on an 09 cayman? i'm looking to get a basic one (pdk, heat, ipod, bluetooth) around 52-53k off of 58 msrp. zero down, 10k.
  • what are the lease rates on a 09 cayman?
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,515
    Hey croc. You're in luck, Porsche just introduced a new special lease program for July featuring a special lease money factor of .00146 on all models. That's about as good as it gets on Porsches. If you want to get one, now is the time to do so.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thanks to Car_man's post the other day that alerted me to Porsche's new, lower lease rates, I pulled the trigger on an '09 Cayman this weekend.

The deal was as follows:
    MSRP- 57,270
    Gross Cap Cost - 50,247 (12.25% discount from MSRP)
    Residual- 33,216 (58%)
    MF - .00146
    Months - 36
    Miles/yr- 10,000
    pmt- $597

I paid taxes, acq & doc fee up front, but put no extra money towards Cap cost.

I'm happy with the deal, and VERY happy with the Porsche!
  • crobar1crobar1 Posts: 7
    9squaregrid,

Where are you located? Would love to bring these numbers into my dealer.

Thanks,
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    Hello Car_Man.

Is the 0.00146 money factor available on Boxster leases too or just Caymans?

Thank you.
    I'm glad that you post helped you out, 9squaregrid. Congratulations on getting your new Cayman. Thanks for taking the time to give back by sharing the details of your lease with everyone. If you haven't already, make sure to stop by the Dealer Ratings & Reviews section of Edmunds.com to share your thoughts on your recent dealer experience with others as well.

Enjoy your new ride :shades: !

Car_man
    Host
    Hey hpowders. The special money factor is indeed available on Boxsters too.

Car_man
    Host
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    Thanks Car_Man! :)
  • beaubbeaub Posts: 1
    Hi Car Man,

Thank you for your very informative posts. I'm looking to lease a new Porsche Cayman with a deal similar to 9squaregrid's. The dealership i'm in negotiations with is giving me the .00146 mf and the car is approx. $58k, i'm trying to get the cap cost lowered to invoice but the guy keeps telling me "porsche doesn't go into invoice territory". What should I do to get him to drop the price down to $50-51k? Should I try another dealer? I need to get a new car by friday, saturday at the latest.

Thanks CarMan
    No problem hpowders.

Car_man
    Host
    You're very welcome, beaub. It's good that the dealer that you're working with is giving you the base money factor. If they aren't willing to go as low as you would like on the car's selling price, you can always comparison shop with a few other dealers. Pitting dealers against each other is always a good technique for getting a low price.

Car_man
    Host
  • nyubxtrnyubxtr Posts: 5
    That's a great deal! I am looking for the Cayman as well. What dealership did you get the deal from? or what city did you get it from? I would love to get the same deal from Southern California dealerships.
  • Just took delivery 3 days ago on a 2009 Cayman, well optioned, 15K miles per year, 36 months, ZERO $ down except first payment. $725.00 month. Car is fantastic. Well worth the price and Porsche dealer was way more comptetive in pricing my lease than the BMW dealer on a 2009 135.
  • is 725 including tax?
    what was the msrp on the car?